Best video making program?

Hastelloy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2006
Stone, UK
Hey guys an girls, im really not sure which section to put this in (graphics/design, opinion polls, tv/film etc) lol so im postin here ^_^

recently iv had the urge to start making some montages on the ode xbox and because iv skinted myself on a new car i went with the dazzle platinum as my choice for a digital recorder as my camcorder doesnt have an AV input and i cant be bothered with the hassle of using my dvd recorder!!

anyways i was wondering if anyone does this sort of thing and if they do what is the best program in your opinion to use when editing the video files,
At the moment i have Pinnacle studio 11 which came with my recorder as well as the optional hollywood fx package which came as a bonus but havent tested it out yet
A few years ago when i was playing medal of honour on the pc i knocked one up in a couple of days, using fraps and windows movie maker so the quality is low but check it out if you want ([ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72bhY8b79TA[/ame])

I've heard that there is another one made by sony but its not free to download?

Anyways any comments as well as pointers/tips in how i should make the vids/what i could do to make them interesting would be grateful pls no spam though, most vids will be of cod/other shooters and i will probs have a few fifa montages though :)

Thanks
-J

Hastelloy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2006
Stone, UK
i also want to learn how to make title screens like this 1
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIdSpjIiZhM&playnext=1&videos=7g4S67e9gY8[/ame]

if you watch the first 10secs or so when it comes up then flashes across etc to say his name/title apparently thats done in photoshop? anyone know any easy to follow guides for learning how to do that sorta thing i have photoshop cs3 and MS fireworks if that helps?

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
if you watch the first 10secs or so when it comes up then flashes across etc to say his name/title apparently thats done in photoshop? anyone know any easy to follow guides for learning how to do that sorta thing i have photoshop cs3 and MS fireworks if that helps?

Try Adobe After Effects to do that.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Yeah that's most probably done in After Effects, not Photoshop.

There are millions of tutorials for you to learn from on the net.

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Youtube is your best friend for video tuturials on pretty much anything you ever need to know/troubleshoot

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
After Effects for editing Videos and SonyVegas for rendering also you can do a little editing with SV but it's not as good as AE.

Someone made this Intro for me in AE for my CAE montage, i have the project file anymore though but you can find some pretty good ones around.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbS9C3IEzWs"]Trinzer Intro[/ame]

Edit:
Few here you could use but not that great, you would of to pay for good ones.
http://www.fxoffice.net/?cat=5

Hastelloy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2006
Stone, UK
After Effects for editing Videos and SonyVegas for rendering also you can do a little editing with SV but it's not as good as AE.

Someone made this Intro for me in AE for my CAE montage, i have the project file anymore though but you can find some pretty good ones around.
Trinzer Intro

Edit:
Few here you could use but not that great, you would of to pay for good ones.
http://www.fxoffice.net/?cat=5

that intro looks amazing, do you still know the person who did it? and if they would do one similar for me :thumbup1:

Hastelloy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2006
Stone, UK
Just realised you're playing MOH:AA in your video.

WHAT A GAME!

yeah :D it was awesome till i discovered the wonders of xbox

anyways does anyone who is artistically gifted fancy making me a short intro similar to either of the above lol just something simple n smart to go on the front of all of ma cod/fifa/general game vids n the only writing i want on it is;

QtR x Roadkill

cos i dont get how to do this after effects stuff haha

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007

anyways does anyone who is artistically gifted fancy making me a short intro similar to either of the above lol just something simple n smart to go on the front of all of ma cod/fifa/general game vids n the only writing i want on it is;

QtR x Roadkill

Some guy on CAE when i was playing it, don't play anymore, was going to do one for you but don' t have After effects anymore, Adobe have released CS5 which is only for 64-bit systems, but if you want to learn the try this place out Videohive

Hastelloy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2006
Stone, UK
WTF.

GTFO...

Now!

next cod game after black ops is going to be released for xbox only u/l gf xxx :tongue_smilie:

in other news i cant download a trial of cs5 so gonna try cs4, when i do end up with one with or without help its going on vids im gonna make of my n64 and other old consoles n retro games if i can find um agen :D

Hastelloy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2006
Stone, UK
Console FPS is fail.

PC owns it hands down.

out of interest have you completed your single player on mw2 because i wanted to ask u a favour :P i want a video of the EMP cutscreen because i want to use it as part of my intro usin the song Wake by linkin park lol :P n wondered if you would fraps it for me or something haha i would do it myself but i deleted my single player n cba do it all again :'(

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pGbdCrsbXA[/ame]
watch it from 2.21 thats the bit i want up to when the screen goes white after the explosion

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
next cod game after black ops is going to be released for xbox only u/l gf xxx :tongue_smilie:

in other news i cant download a trial of cs5 so gonna try cs4, when i do end up with one with or without help its going on vids im gonna make of my n64 and other old consoles n retro games if i can find um agen :D

thats very unlikely, if anything it will be subscription based on pc.

pc gaming > console, hands down, no auto aim just pure skill.

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
Use adobe after effects with tutorials from video co-pilot to learn allot, i was using it to do movie visuals.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
out of interest have you completed your single player on mw2 because i wanted to ask u a favour :P i want a video of the EMP cutscreen because i want to use it as part of my intro usin the song Wake by linkin park lol :P n wondered if you would fraps it for me or something haha i would do it myself but i deleted my single player n cba do it all again :'(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pGbdCrsbXA
watch it from 2.21 thats the bit i want up to when the screen goes white after the explosion
What mission is it?

Hastelloy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2006
Stone, UK
thats very unlikely, if anything it will be subscription based on pc.

pc gaming > console, hands down, no auto aim just pure skill.

meh i used to say that but i love playing fifa and other games like that which just arent the same on a pc :(

Use adobe after effects with tutorials from video co-pilot to learn allot, i was using it to do movie visuals.
im trying to learn using tutorials its just really slow going if anyone was interested and had some free time id offer to pay a tenner or summat for someone who can knock me 1 together xD iv tried using some free templates but everytime i open it up my cs4 ses bla bla bla not got this plugin not got that plugin etc etc and i cant find them on the net, currently im looking for cc radiul blur and cc particle world baah

What mission is it?
second sun about halfway through :D

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007

QtR x Roadkill

Is QtR x Roadkill a title or name? If i get AE working il make you one if i can.