Bringing mir to the xbox

smoochy boys on tour

yukatree

LOMCN n00bie
Jul 27, 2009
It would take looots of work :P and are their actually enough buttons on xbox to handle the way mir plays?
Lots and lots of work, i think theres is and is one of the things ive not set out fully yet, X,Y,B are spells with the right bumper bringing up a window the change them to different spells.Right trigger Walk/Run with up on the dpad changing them over. Im mostly likely going to make them configurable to what eva u want also.

Lets see how long yukatree will stick with this.
Well its kinda a summer project im working on other things in a group so its not top of the list.

PS3 sucks IMO
Right on

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
shoulda just put ur coding talents to use and just fixed up a set of server files rather than puttin it onto xbox.. i cant see how it would ever work rly lol

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
to play mir u need acess to 16 spells at a time, its not doable on an xbox.

yukatree

LOMCN n00bie
Jul 27, 2009
to play mir u need acess to 16 spells at a time, its not doable on an xbox.
ye but u wont use all 16 at once think about it
X Y B A
for a wiz
Shield
point teleport
long range(bolt ect)
short range(FF tstorm)

tao
heal
poison
summon
sfb

war
dash
hlfmoon/crs swrds
tdb/ds

agreed for wizs n taos it may get tricky

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
think ur missing the point tho... mir is meant for the PC, not the xbox lol.

i dont think mir would stand a chance on xbox, would bea bigger fail than USA mir lol

afshangrudar1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 26, 2009
Ambitious idea but good luck!. The only trickey thing as other said would be assigning spells, you could have some for example that use a combo of buttons or the click on the left/right joysticks to bring up a different spell set.

However Wemade wont be very happy if you use thier graphics for players/spells etc. Spells no problem I can knock one up in a few hours and i can probably rig up a skeleton and use a basic human body model or something.

For buildings and the environment, Could you place larger images - say PNG's so you can use the alpha channel, without them disapearing if you can only see a portion like mir does? If so new graphics will be a breeze.

yukatree

LOMCN n00bie
Jul 27, 2009
Ambitious idea but good luck!. The only trickey thing as other said would be assigning spells, you could have some for example that use a combo of buttons or the click on the left/right joysticks to bring up a different spell set.

However Wemade wont be very happy if you use thier graphics for players/spells etc. Spells no problem I can knock one up in a few hours and i can probably rig up a skeleton and use a basic human body model or something.

For buildings and the environment, Could you place larger images - say PNG's so you can use the alpha channel, without them disapearing if you can only see a portion like mir does? If so new graphics will be a breeze.
spellbar
spellbar.png

im pritty worried about wemade u think they will have my pants down? it would be easy to change a few pixels around but would it be fair?

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
ur never gonna release it as a proper xbox game are u.. so why u worried lol?

id be more worried about microsoft lol

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
To be honest, as long as you dont charge for download/gameplay, they wouldnt bother with you.

Give us a mir to play over live, it would be awesome.

Snowman

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 30, 2005
This would be pretty awesome if you actually got it finished.

Imagine talking to like 50 different people at the same time in safezone.

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
This would be pretty awesome if you actually got it finished.

Imagine talking to like 50 different people at the same time in safezone.

Shame most the people in mir chat childish crap. But good luck on your project looks good so far ^^

DiabloVodkaShot

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 20, 2009
yerh sounds mint mate but the thing that gets me is the chat system it would be loads of ppl from ages of like 10 to 60 shouting down the headset would it be like a add to chat thing personally i think the text chat would have to stay input and the headset for like group chat or Guild chat

yukatree

LOMCN n00bie
Jul 27, 2009
yerh sounds mint mate but the thing that gets me is the chat system it would be loads of ppl from ages of like 10 to 60 shouting down the headset would it be like a add to chat thing personally i think the text chat would have to stay input and the headset for like group chat or Guild chat
well personally i dont have a clue how to get more than 8 ppl on together i was hoping to make it so u can run it by urself or join som1 elses game onto there copy and use your char, there is no central server what everyone will be able to connect to.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
ur never gonna release it as a proper xbox game are u.. so why u worried lol?

id be more worried about microsoft lol

why b worried bout m$? xna games are free to make and release, and i highly doubt it will have a propper mir feel to it, only a few graphics have been used, so i cant see any legal issues really.

1westy1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 10, 2004
16 Spells is easly doable. Now on the controller you have X Y B A, thats 4, Now lets say you could hold down right trigger, and X Y B A become a set of new spells, thats 8, now lets say you hold down left trigger, X Y B A become new spells, thats 12, and you could do the same with the right button thing to have another 4 to make 16.