Burning

Dany97

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2009
Timisoara
Got a problem, it's very annoying.

Nero/Ashampoo/Media center won't burn any of my CDs/DVDs

I mean i burned a music CD today with Media center and it worked perfectly now the softwares are saying that burning is in progress, it's finishing the burning and everything but the DVD ROM is on vacation , he's not burning anything.

Tried many software's for movies and nothing , not a single one is working.

Any idea why? The movie is .avi i think. Had problems like this but usually i would fix them with Ashampoo but now it won't recognize the format of the movie o.o

Any ideas what softwares to use or what to do at all?

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Well for a start DVD ROM won't burn, as it's not a writer.

ROM means Read Only Memory.

But if it worked before (It's probably a DVDRW) and it's not working now then the problem most likely resides in your hardware.

Dany97

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2009
Timisoara
Yeah, sorry made there a mistake.

Made it working with Ashampoo , strange is that Nero still won't work with it ...

Don't really know what to do , think i've gotta be ok with ashampoo from now on -.-

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
When i used to be on a dongle it conflicted with my dvd burner some how, you not on one ?

Dany97

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2009
Timisoara
When i used to be on a dongle it conflicted with my dvd burner some how, you not on one ?

A dongle?

Depends where it is, if it's inside the PC it may be but outside i assure you i don't something called a dongle at all.

Edit: Any idea how to fix this?

I burn a VCD (Video CD) but it says it has the wrong codecs, if i still burn it , it'll make some extra folders on the CD, 5 in total and in one of them you can find the actual movie, can you think a reason why it does that? (MPEG-I format/converted)

Last edited:

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
Lol funny name aint it :P the term dongle probably only used in england, it's something you plug in to the pc via usb to connect to mobile internet. But doubt your using one then.

Dany97

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2009
Timisoara
Oh no not using one of that... Using a card reader (mobile card - memory) but i don't use it a lot and don't think if you use it once your dvd is gone forewer as it's not used now.

Edit: Windows Media Center is teh Win! It worked.

Everything works now , thanks for the help again ^^

Last edited:

steve

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 20, 2005
Reading
Lol funny name aint it :P the term dongle probably only used in england, it's something you plug in to the pc via usb to connect to mobile internet. But doubt your using one then.

it's a usb hspa modem