BUYING A LAPTOP! - £500-£700 budget

smoochy boys on tour

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Okey, firstly its not for me :(.. its for my girlfriend.

Basically, shes on her 3rd laptop.. and she wants a new decent one.. so.. here's the info :), if people could help would appreciate it! Overkills anything... a selection would be good. Many thanks!

Uses of laptop
Youtube
DVD's
Music
Office Use
SIM's & Tycoon games

Budget
£500-£800

Set-up
Laptop will be plugged into an external HDD, and her TV from her desk for movies.
WIRELESS internet connection, unless on desk then hardwired ( i think)

Requests
She wants a large built in HDD cause she's lazy.. pfft haha!

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
£500-800 isn't that a little bit overkill for "a girl"?

Why waste money on stuff she's never gonna get use out of when she can spend it on clothes? Unless she's a lebel wh0re like me then get a vaio ^^

Last edited:

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Screw you dom lol.

Its overkill.. ill re-work the requests, its her words not mine, i said to her i'd help as her family are not very geeky, and she's told her mum im helping.. so i gotta impress!

If she was to buy a networked HDD.. she could stream movies from it anywhere in house as long as shes got internet?

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Screw you dom lol.

Its overkill.. ill re-work the requests, its her words not mine, i said to her i'd help as her family are not very geeky, and she's told her mum im helping.. so i gotta impress!

If she was to buy a networked HDD.. she could stream movies from it anywhere in house as long as shes got internet?

Why not just..spend less?

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Well she wanted more.. but i was making her man up and stop being lazy.. but since a decent lappy wont cost too much.. how much would this setup cost.

Drawing1-Model.jpg

Basically.. she wants it so she can watch movies from TV or PC as well as storing movies on external HDD. She disliked idea of transferring stuff.. so this was best setup i could think of? As well as the WDTV providing extra features

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Nah shes not got a PS3.

She showed me some she liked look off... £1500, £2200... £3000....................................

Told her its a slight overkill for the sims :L

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
Nah shes not got a PS3.

She showed me some she liked look off... £1500, £2200... £3000....................................

Told her its a slight overkill for the sims :L

buy her a crappy one and be done with it!! :P Ebuyer is probs your best bet though, get a £300 one and tell her it cost £600... problem solved =D

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
I got a new lappy few weeks ago. Dell had misprice so i got a second gen i5 (the new ones just released) with 8gb of ram in there and a dedicated 1gb gfx card plus it comes with a finger print scanner and stuff.. so, check dell for misprices, lol.