C# Closed Beta Testers

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord

DevilsKnight

I
VIP
Aug 1, 2004
I am in need of some beta testers, server will be based on the c# source but with some major modifications. This server will be like no others. Me and my team have added a completely new attribute system.
There are no classes, players are required to 'build' their characters. If this is something that interests you then please pm me.
I want to try and get as many people involved as possible and I will listen to your views and opinions.
Testing is needed to help me balance some things out.

This does not effect my c# test server that is currently up.

Dk

Still need more testers.

Last edited:

DevilsKnight

I
VIP
Aug 1, 2004
Usernames have been sent out to those who have expressed some interest.

Still require more people to test.

Dk

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
If your still wanting testers i'll come help out, a new way of playing mir is exactly what I would enjoy :D

Shank

The_Mafia
VIP
Dec 4, 2008
I'll help test if you can link me to client for your server :D

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
So far level 16, and I am really enjoying it!

A few possible bugs:

1. Dexterity is increasing Acc/Agil/Attack Speed and high end AC - I have a feeling it isn't meant to be increasing the AC, I seem to be gaining around AC0-1 for every 2 points in Dex. It's making monsters hardly hurt/even hit me.

2. The zombies which come back to life are giving the full amount of exp again once killing, it becomes superb for leveling if you have a group just coming back to life all the time(until they are completely dead)

3. The warrior spells require Power to learn, yet a hooked sword requires endurance to wear, by level 15 you can have 25 power(fencing) and 45 endurance(hooked sword) but then cannot learn slaying until a later date. I guess there are power weapons too, I have yet too see any beyond a bronze axe tho(which seems to be made along lines of a hooked sword DC anyway).

A suggestion:

1. Endurance is about being a tank(I think), so maybe some AC/AMC on weapons(if it's even possible) to show they are built like a brick wall.

The leveling seems great atm and only slightly slower as a level(very slightly), I'm hoping it continues this way always getting slightly slower so you can try different build combos and in the long run try to raise other stats later on. Ofcourse it will need to start getting a lot slower at end game so you can't be a warrior with magicshield for a long long time and a lot of effort.

All in all this is great fun and opens up a lot of different ideas to how to build your character, aswell as great prospects of being long term but with something to actually level for, I shall continue to explore after some sleep and see what else I can find!

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Nice work, good luck DevilsKnight. Sounds interesting - be nice to see what the outcome is for future reference.

DevilsKnight

I
VIP
Aug 1, 2004
So far level 16, and I am really enjoying it!

A few possible bugs:

1. Dexterity is increasing Acc/Agil/Attack Speed and high end AC - I have a feeling it isn't meant to be increasing the AC, I seem to be gaining around AC0-1 for every 2 points in Dex. It's making monsters hardly hurt/even hit me.

Yeah thats correct its not suppose to be adding AC. It wasn't Dexterity it was some random other bug, I managed to sort it but it did require a character wipe to fix, there was an issue with people being able to create warrior class characters as well. Which someone had done so either way I had to wipe. Sorry about this, it should not happen again and thank you for pointing out the AC issue so soon.

2. The zombies which come back to life are giving the full amount of exp again once killing, it becomes superb for leveling if you have a group just coming back to life all the time(until they are completely dead)

This is on my todo list but I just haven't got round to sorting it yet.

3. The warrior spells require Power to learn, yet a hooked sword requires endurance to wear, by level 15 you can have 25 power(fencing) and 45 endurance(hooked sword) but then cannot learn slaying until a later date. I guess there are power weapons too, I have yet too see any beyond a bronze axe tho(which seems to be made along lines of a hooked sword DC anyway).

Not all warrior spells are linked to power, Slaying requires 50 Power to learn. All items/spells will need some balancing, hence this beta test :) I look forward to hearing from people and giving there opinions.

A suggestion:

1. Endurance is about being a tank(I think), so maybe some AC/AMC on weapons(if it's even possible) to show they are built like a brick wall.

Like these suggestions :) yup it is possible to have AC/AMC on weapons. I was thinking about adding some new armours for endurance but again I wanted to get peoples opinions on what they feel would be the correct stats and what not.

The leveling seems great atm and only slightly slower as a level(very slightly), I'm hoping it continues this way always getting slightly slower so you can try different build combos and in the long run try to raise other stats later on. Ofcourse it will need to start getting a lot slower at end game so you can't be a warrior with magicshield for a long long time and a lot of effort.

All in all this is great fun and opens up a lot of different ideas to how to build your character, aswell as great prospects of being long term but with something to actually level for, I shall continue to explore after some sleep and see what else I can find!

Thanks for your feedback, look forward to hearing more from you.

Dk

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Booooo character wipe lol, guess I'll try a wisdom build this time and see how that goes.

Cheers for the info reguarding warrior spells ^^

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
I'd be happy to help test this.

I played Myth of Soma for many years so the idea of building your character stats is something that really interests me. I'm guessing this is possibly where you got the idea from originally?

Drop me a PM with the details.