Can you rationalise spending £230 on a desktop case?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Theres a new lian li case just come out. the pc-x500, but its £230. At the moment i've got a shuttle pc, which is good and all, but i love to fiddle and you can't modify much on these.

I want to build up a PC slowly. I've already got an old 775 desktop with a lian li case, but i dont like it (that cost me £60 when i bought it 3 years ago)

If a case is functional, is it at all sensible to spend that much on one?

Bearing in mind i hardly game (If at all) My shuttle is mostly used for watching films, but when i move in to my next house i want to move it to the living room for a proper HTPC.

Heres the case http://techreport.com/articles.x/16258/1

Its not like i can afford now or anything, but i just think the design of it is so sweet it makes it really tempting to buy.

/Ramble ramble.

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
That looks more like a bloody suround sound sub!

liammc10

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Wouldn't you want a good looking one if it was going in your front room? and not asif u need a powerful machine to watch films etc (Spend the £230 on a gfx card?), waiste of money if u ask me, just my opinion though dude.

Last edited:

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
I have 3 cases under my desk right now

send me £230 and you can have all 2, you can even have the PSUs that are in there

BH

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Wouldn't you want a good looking one if it was going in your front room? and not asif u need a powerful machine to watch films etc (Spend the £230 on a gfx card?), waiste of money if u ask me, just my opinion though dude.

thats what im saying. my current pc, the shuttle, will be going in the front room.

SG33G5M%20Deluxe.jpg

its a sweet looking pc.

but i want a big pc which i can upgrade and fiddle with in my office :)

i dont find any cases under £100 which look decent

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
When buying a case you neen to know how good they are for cable management, nothing worse than wires all over the place.

Iam also looking for a new case + extras, i like to buy a new case every two years because i get a new power supply, plus it make me want to buy extras for it

lif

AgentSmith

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 30, 2003
Sheffield (S2)
my case was £200+ brand new and the side panels were £50 aswell, good cases are worth it.

mycase.jpg

nice loop, that a ddc 18w version with a xspc top?

thats a lian li case too i wanted that one, it looks fantastic from the front but i couldnt mount my rad in the position at the front so i got a different one.

good build

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
nice loop, that a ddc 18w version with a xspc top?

thats a lian li case too i wanted that one, it looks fantastic from the front but i couldnt mount my rad in the position at the front so i got a different one.

good build

he spends enough on it trust me lol. Jacks pc is sweet like but mine does everything his does.

AgentSmith

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 30, 2003
Sheffield (S2)
he spends enough on it trust me lol. Jacks pc is sweet like but mine does everything his does.

i bet but waterloops look nice and clock much better with very low db if sone right, mine is almost silent i just need to stop the vibrations fhrough the case. wouldnt have happend if i spent £200 on the case :001_tongue:

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
it will be done right trust me , his mate rapid did it. think his pc cost like £4000 lol maybe more , think he got a £1500 graphics in his over the top imo but hey there cash lol.