Car Insurance

smoochy boys on tour

mapadale

hmm yeah after searching it looks like 2 years is the norm. I've lost my friggin certificate now though so can't even check, gonna have to ring them up tomorrow to see if they'll issue me another one, I'll also ask about it then.

I'll try swift cover now thanks
They should be able to re-issue a new one, however it is marked on the insurance database with regards to NCB's anyway. See only reason I knew it was 2 years, was I asked about my bike insurance from 4 years ago and they said with NCB on a bike can be up to 3 years dependent on the insurer and 2 years with car insurance.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Got a good price with swiftcover...£555, BUT at the next address which came to mind, my old house in Northampton, because for some reason it was declining when i put in my real address....cannot imagine why because it's out in the country, but 30seconds from a main road.

Any clues? :S

[MENTION=8070]Mapa[/MENTION] you saying I don't need the certificate then?

mapadale

Got a good price with swiftcover...£555, BUT at the next address which came to mind, my old house in Northampton, because for some reason it was declining when i put in my real address....cannot imagine why because it's out in the country, but 30seconds from a main road.

Any clues? :S

[MENTION=8070]Mapa[/MENTION] you saying I don't need the certificate then?
If it can't be re-issued then no, but the insurance company you go should ask for the details of you prvious insurar (Even though its all ready on record). As they should then contact the company and confirm it with them, without the need to re-issue it, as some insurance companys charge for a second copy.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Reason they're rejecting my address is cos they declined me when I had the named driver on who has the conviction they don't like, even though I removed her since. Put in my neighbours address and it worked fine, £100 less than the northampton address actually, so I guess I need to ring them to sort it out. Hopefully they still do it cos this is the best price by far.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Direct Line wanted something silly from me this year, I have been with them for 2 years too.

Swift Cover was a good few hundered quid cheaper, and know a few people who have said the same regarding Swift Cover been the cheapest

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Yeah as I said I wasn't getting anything below 1200 and this is like 450.... so I guess I owe you like £800?!?

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
i pay £1500 fire and theft for a MG ZT at 23 but it is a 2.5 v6