chat commands

smoochy boys on tour

Pzia

LOMCN Member
May 17, 2021
hi guys and gals, have been out of action for a while. what are the chat commands for party and guild etec is it !guild?

P1anetEarth

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 10, 2018
hi guys and gals, have been out of action for a while. what are the chat commands for party and guild etec is it !guild?
For group click P and click on the hand thingy bottom left and to chat in group mode its !!

For guild its @allowguild and to chat in guild mode its !~

Pzia

LOMCN Member
May 17, 2021
Global chat usually requires a special item to be used
since I am playing odyssey any ideas what that would be? regardless thanks for the help i can now chat in game :)

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I checked and someone said for global shout you need an item from GS

it is under 'scrolls' and can buy using HP which is Hunt Points that you obtain automatically as you play, I got 1,128 HPs @lev26 and the shout scroll costs 40 HP, so fairly cheap

! is local shout, good enough for buying & selling in SZ since most times it is full, not sure you can link item to chat here

server is heavily custom, takes some time to figure things out, like F9 & F10 don't open your bag or char panel as it did from times immemorial LOL but might come handy at high level when I suppose you can assign skills on those keys, I tweaked keybinds ini to get it back

never quite figured out weird chat scrolling up when you click the filters, hard to get back to current chat, probably a bug, now you know the noob guild chat command, just ask, pple are willing to help

Last edited:

Pzia

LOMCN Member
May 17, 2021
I havent played for a long time, cant even remember how to level some spells up anymore. so it probably wasnt wise doing tao and wiz first, i will probably go warrior for the time being until im used to it again..this stregobor quest is a balls ache so time consuming.

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015
Alt and F9-11 open bag/player (u can change your keybinds yourself)

@Pzia if you press H or K I think it's set on, the keybinds list will come up ingame.
To shout out on same map it's !
Guild is !~ or #
Lover is :)
Group is !!
Global shout you need the item like mentioned from gameshop.

All the chat colours you are able to change to in your mir2test along with some other things like bigger hp/mp bars above head, turning custom names and colours off and so on.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
even if I am inveterate war class player, I'd advise to stay with wiz or tao if that's what is your gameplay style

since I did tinker with wiz for a bit on some servers, it is a much more rewarding class to play at those lower levels. Warrior really get his first skill only @lev22, those two noob skills pretty well don't count as far as variability of gameplay or what to call it, goes.

It is a slog 0-22 beating a single mob at a time to death with your stick in oma and in mines where even if you can kill, you really feel like you don't belong and you return to oma until like lev18+ when you return to mines
contrast that with wiz who gets fireball which is a 'real' skill in that you use it via F key, also in short time, in mid teen levels, you get greater FB, where warrior gets nothing to break the monotony of his sad life :p

@22 with thrusting, you go bug cave to those single slots and its no complaint as far as that goes, except that @26 when you get HM (return to mines at this point), your thrusting is still @lev2 and lev3 is slated for when you get lev27... which is dumb, since you are supposed to ditch your newly acquired multiple mob killing ability and return to bug cave slots to level it, otherwise if you leave it to 'nature', it might level up by the time you get lev40 but very likely not

at mid twenties level, if you max your warrior items with PAxe and Drings and most items with some added stats (mainly you look for DC and ASpeed which is fairly easy here), you find you can stand against ET but you can't hurt it, all the while you see wiz and taos around who have no such problem with it. For warrior you may have to wait till lev32 for TDB to start soloing ETs
but wait, it can drop GAxe which you qualify for @lev27, so its catch 22, warrior really needs to grp and or join a guild to be viable class, not true for the other two classes

things get better at higher levels but even on that opinions differ, also that greatly depends on a given server setup. I played some servers recently where the thrusting & HM were mercifully lowered to lev21, also one server a while back that gave war some early custom skill at ~lev15, can't recall details of it now

Last edited:

Pzia

LOMCN Member
May 17, 2021
Yeah i found the warr so mind numbing, im doing my wiz but trying to find a taming list for odyssey is proving a mission. searched all over google guess ill use a euro one for now.