Comp Blown up ?

|5pl4t|

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 20, 2005
Boro!
Im posting on behalf of TheBoss aka Daz.

He was on msn earlier today and went afk for 10 - 15 mins
he comes back and his comps off , he thought one of the kids turned it off , so he tries to turn it back on .
It turns on the fan spins once then stops and the computer goes off. He cant get it working , he cant even start it up.

Any help wud be appreciated thanks.

Last edited:

TheBoss

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 6, 2004
Middlesbrough
|5pl4t| said:
Im posting on behalf of TheBoss aka Daz.

He was on msn earlier today and went afk for 10 - 15 mins
he comes back and his comps off , he thought one of the kids turned it off , so he tries to turn it back on .
It turns on the fan spins once then stops and the computer goes off. He cant get it working , he cant even get it past the boot up part.

Any help wud be appreciated thanks.

Dnt even start up m8 :(

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Nightwolf said:
you tryed any overclocking by anychance and that seems like your processor has fried
If the processor is fried, i think that the fan's and everything would still work wouldn't they?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
yeah they would. or your proccessor cld have overheated due to the fans not working. thats happened to me.

get an ammetre, and check the current between certain points. it could be anything if its not turning on at all tbh.

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
Any beeps from the mobo? (if so, what mobo is it, and how many)

Did you change any hardware recently? Ram etc ?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
my motherboard got so hot it had snapped in half once. screen went all prity colours.

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
it may not be the PC itself
it may just be that the fuse in the power plug has gone
it can happen i have a fax/copier here that does it alot and can even trip the main power switch cutting power to the whole office (I love my UPS battery)

so change the power cord and see if it is that at least then you will know if it is the PC or not

BH and Purple

TheBoss

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 6, 2004
Middlesbrough
OK....

Changed Fuse..
Changed Power Cable..
I aint changed no RAM etc..
I aint tried Overclocking CPU..

Was allworking fine went afk for 10-15 mins come bck and its off ¬_¬ tried turn it bck on no power at all. BUT the Fan spins once, if i want it to spin agen i need to unplug the powercable plug it bck in and press power button!..

-TB - with no PC :D

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
hmm. i had this exact problem. it was the clock battery that had gone flat. soon as i bought a new one it worked fine.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
yup. i thought it wld b the last thing that wld go, but soon as i replaced it my pc worked fine.

i wld press the power button, lights wld come on, fans wld start. then it wld all just switch off. if i pressed the button again it wldnt do a thing.

so sounds like the same problem.

TheBoss

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 6, 2004
Middlesbrough
Farril said:
yup. i thought it wld b the last thing that wld go, but soon as i replaced it my pc worked fine.

i wld press the power button, lights wld come on, fans wld start. then it wld all just switch off. if i pressed the button again it wldnt do a thing.

so sounds like the same problem.

Thing is no lights come on at all lol but the fan spins once :beye: so maybe its the clock battery like u sed, my mates cummin to have a look about 5:30 so ill see what he says... but meh ill just buy a click battery lol.

-TB

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
Did you clear the cmos like I told ya yet?

Babyhack said:
it may not be the PC itself
it may just be that the fuse in the power plug has gone
it can happen i have a fax/copier here that does it alot and can even trip the main power switch cutting power to the whole office (I love my UPS battery)

Wow... freaky.... been dealing with same.exact.problem....

Last edited:

RoNeZ

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 2, 2004
Boro
rite.....

we changed power suply no change
changed processor no change
checked motherboard cannt see anything wrong
tryed reseting cmos nothing changed no power:tths: