Complete newbie here

Flembo junior

LOMCN Rookie
Dec 16, 2023
Hi all, and thank you for accepting me onto this forum. I am still at school having to learn coding as part of my studies. My grandfather suggested that I join the Lomcn community, as a way of gaining knowledge into the world of coding. Although I have no intention of pursuing a career in this subject, it is something that I have to learn.

blazee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 3, 2012
Thank you, appreciated. Tbh don't know where this will lead. My grandad played Mir for years and sorta took over his life. My mum used to get so cross with him
mir has that effect on some people, you'll probably still find a few of your grandads co players hanging around here 🤣🤣

MonoxideLenny

Adwaa
Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
W
Hi all, and thank you for accepting me onto this forum. I am still at school having to learn coding as part of my studies. My grandfather suggested that I join the Lomcn community, as a way of gaining knowledge into the world of coding. Although I have no intention of pursuing a career in this subject, it is something that I have to learn.
Welcome to the forums 😊 thank you for making me feel even older than I already do with the grandfather suggested it intro holy **** 😆 🤣

Reactions: Tai

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
My grandfather suggested that I join the Lomcn community
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Bounce

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
Thank you, appreciated. Tbh don't know where this will lead. My grandad played Mir for years and sorta took over his life. My mum used to get so cross with him
Yep, sounds like the Mir effect.

Depending on the type of coding you have to learn for your studies, I'm sure there can be some useful knowledge you can gain from these forums. Being proficient in coding will be great for you, even if its not a career you want to pursue right now because the likes of the gaming industry, AI and the digital world is becoming so prominent there will always be a job in it.

I'll be honest, I don't know anything about coding but I wish they taught it when I was at school, I'd of loved to learn how to code.

Robert

Actual Jesus
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.
Grandad?! Haven’t you seen my previous thread about suicide?! Grandad?! Bloody hell. @SmavidDavid @Jev open your DMs fellas.

• Carrot
Reactions: Tai

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Grandad?! Haven’t you seen my previous thread about suicide?! Grandad?! Bloody hell. @SmavidDavid @Jev open your DMs fellas.
Already sent the OP a message when the post was made. We have arranged a date for me to set everything up for him and get him started.
I am however away for a few days due to a loss in the family.

• Sad
Reactions: mir2pion

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I remember a very high level char (lev51?) always sitting in PB village SZ and every fifteen minutes went to kill those traveling mobs at the gates. He told me he takes smokes in between or naps, that he is quite old gent...

mir2 is a great game to spend your pension times on, can play at your own pace and banter on with like minded pple, I feel sorry for older folks who sit idly home alone. I recall someone who lived away from his parents and got them to play mir, that way they would chat online in game, otherwise they wouldn't hear from him until the time he visited them once in a blue moon. And when they got together, they had plenty to talk about (mir talk).

Flembo junior

LOMCN Rookie
Dec 16, 2023
My grandad says his mane was SweetC always stood on the fishplate next to the storage woman who was dumpy