[Custom C# Files] Apocalypse Mir 2

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Discord is **** and toxic..

Also wonder how "The Apocalypse Team" got my email address? o.0

Haha. And mine. I sense the emails were probably purchased from elsewhere. Can't remember the last time i actually registered on a server outside of Zircon.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Haha. And mine. I sense the emails were probably purchased from elsewhere. Can't remember the last time i actually registered on a server outside of Zircon.

I also received an email, they did not come from me.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Sorry, i definitely wasn't insinuating they came from Jamie (i was just stating i never play mir so Apocalypse team definitely shouldn't have my email)

I remember ages ago there was someone who sold a bunch of registered emails (perhaps from another mir related forum, i can't remember).

Scorpian also purchased them as i remember getting an email when his server launched too.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
no one opted in, the website is 6 days old... tad annoying we didn't even get the option to "opt-in" in the first place.

Be nice to know who gave them all the addresses...

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
If anything, this is a prime example of GDPR being abused.

Selling (and i suspect purchasing) emails without the authorisation of the owner can land you with serious issues after the new legislation changes.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015

Attachments

• FC3521CA-A0B5-45F5-A88B-1B20BB974480.jpeg
    FC3521CA-A0B5-45F5-A88B-1B20BB974480.jpeg
    109.4 KB · Views: 142

TheOnlyOne

DarkReturn Server High Rate
Loyal Member
Dark Return
Game Master
Oct 6, 2017
Jordan
If anything, this is a prime example of GDPR being abused.

Selling (and i suspect purchasing) emails without the authorisation of the owner can land you with serious issues after the new legislation changes.

im sure this from lomcn owner as my email only [FONT=&quot]registered [/FONT]on it in here and none have my email also my bank have my email

tai sold them by sure 100%

DiabloVodkaShot

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 20, 2009
Discord will definitely be available soon, i do agree it can easily become toxic, but either way still a positive publicity, and if we all want the server to be great, we want the high player count!

The email addresses were acquired from previous Servers, website/******** accounts and people we have on skype etc between the three of us. If you wish to opt out, the option is there.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
less interested in the server now, seem desperate which is a shame, they already have caught everyone's attention, maybe they should be "untrusted" until they state their source?

---------- Post Merged at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:56 PM ----------

tai sold them by sure 100%

Tai would of sent the email from LOMCN (correct way to do it) or have a subcribe option on the website, not take emails from previous services(unsure what those servers were) and hope for the best lol.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
I categorically do not have any of you on ******** , I don’t use my email anything but LOMCN.

Apart from Zircon , you don’t even need to use an email to register on Mir these days , so that doesn’t fly as you can create an account with just id and pass.

Please try again

Razarus

Sour Sally
Dedicated Member
Dec 6, 2013
Email will have come from Chron icles. They sent out a newsletter many years ago without using the bcc.

Never thought id see the day this server would launch. Good luck to the three of you.

Drakay

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 16, 2014
Who gives a **** about how they got your e-mail address, 0 harm done whats the issue seriously?

As if there’s plenty of moans about ‘GDPR’ over this 🤣. Get a grip, theyre advertising, which you should want them to do.

MonoxideLenny

Adwaa
Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
Who gives a **** about how they got your e-mail address, 0 harm done whats the issue seriously?

As if there’s plenty of moans about ‘GDPR’ over this 🤣. Get a grip, theyre advertising, which you should want them to do.
Could not agree more, community is itching for a decent mir 2 server we finally get one and people moan about how there getting publicity out get a grip people lol

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
Shouldn’t need to lie about such basic info though ? Just be honest where they got the emails from.

Doesnt paint them in a very good light if they are lying 2 days after the adverts come out.

---------- Post Merged at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Or , we are working for them , creating more and more speculation leading to increased forum activity which in turn leads to more publicity. It’s all part of the plan.

Lionsm!ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2015
Shouldn’t need to lie about such basic info though ? Just be honest where they got the emails from.

Doesnt paint them in a very good light if they are lying 2 days after the adverts come out.

---------- Post Merged at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Or , we are working for them , creating more and more speculation leading to increased forum activity which in turn leads to more publicity. It’s all part of the plan.

Not received any emails. Most likely from where they say as if it was lomcn would have one. Not played any mir2 private servers except marble.

People don't realise just how easy it is to obtain info and forget where they sign up to stuff and probably been using same email since real mir2 days.

Though given GDPR it is illegal to auto enrol people into marketing etc

Status
Not open for further replies.