D.X Version Source Release

Join Discord

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Ok files are coming along good now, so i want to ask something about the client.

The current client our source covers pretty much everything, but if we was to use a new client it could give coders chance to code newer stuff.
So what am asking is what would you prefer to use? Current client but possible no real good updates for coders or use a new client for possible updates later on?.

Currently testing the latests client and everything seems ok, just a few things that am unsure about, especially bag, the bag has locks on, you need to pay for to get them unlocked, now this needs to be coded. Although i not tried you can from start increase bag size, not sure what it will do but it might work.

Also the new client has a new interface, sure you seen it on the rainbow version, but i belive this isn't so easy to code.
Let me know what you guys want to do, because i don't fancy translating 2 clients.

Last edited:

MutantlX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
Newcastle
Although its a good idea to set it up for a new client, isn't there still to much to do one the first one? look at mir 2. most people use 2.3 becouse of ease and less bugs. sometimes the newer clients will cause to much work for you. plus no one uses these yet (I would love too!) so why not get a stable version out that people can learn from then see where things go from there?

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Although its a good idea to set it up for a new client, isn't there still to much to do one the first one? look at mir 2. most people use 2.3 becouse of ease and less bugs. sometimes the newer clients will cause to much work for you. plus no one uses these yet (I would love too!) so why not get a stable version out that people can learn from then see where things go from there?

No differance mate, they are both the same but the new client supports more, it won't require anymore coding to make it stable.

There is 1 problem with this new client, after you type a message it buggs were you can't type anything again unless you relog, now i had this problem before and am trying to remember what the hell i did to fix it, i know shanda have a system to prevent bots but i remember changing this so once you leveled past 1 it shouldn't happen.

But using the new client won't make anything unstable, they are pretty much the same. Translating the client is a massive job, and when i say massive i mean it lol, you have to translate x3 the same images because of resoulations and you have to hex edit the whole client exe, this is why if i can fix this chat bug using the new client would be more use for the future.

Edit: No way of fixing chat unless it's coded so will stick with the current client.

Last edited:

Danut

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 17, 2012
I am for the new client, sounds much better

Last edited:

MutantlX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
Newcastle
once you release your next update im gonna start having a poke around. but might get bored over weekend so might check current release out.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
I will ask around on QQ to see how we can get around the chat bug using the new client but until then we stick with the current client.

Ryan just helped me sort out SVN for the files so i will post soon to tell you how you can download the latests files.

Danut

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 17, 2012
I will ask around on QQ to see how we can get around the chat bug using the new client but until then we stick with the current client.

Ryan just helped me sort out SVN for the files so i will post soon to tell you how you can download the latests files.

Good job sanity, all the best for your team :D

MutantlX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
Newcastle

Cheers mate. cant wait to try out :)

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Just to say what am doing at the moment and why the delay on the release.

I am re doing the database, i taken out all the custom crap, i put all items in order still a few to do but almost finished items db and will be fully translated also. EvilMon.db was custom so i had to change everything in that but still working on it at the moment.
Will also need to test prop items to make sure they are working.

Added Omen map also.

Am also removing @fastbuy as it can bug and it's not really needed anyway.

Quests are tricky, i have to script these from scratch because all the commands are different from the Chinese version so i don't think those will be in for the next release.

Yuan shop is in and working.

But next release you should have a good set of files to test, not 100% but i good base.

Ash told me some monsters and bosses you couldn't hit so i will check this, but i think it's because he never had enough damage, you need a certain amount of dc,mc,sc to take mobs, this stops people from leveling in places they shouldn't, stops wizard + Taoists from walling high level mobs aswell.

Just added the Spectral Tiger mount. This is the final mount in woool. I changed him now, in the past i had him so you can ride him with no upgrading him but now you will have too, the image of the tiger won't change but he needs to be level 2 to ride and level 3 to fight.
10saavb.jpg

Last edited:

Danut

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 17, 2012
Very nice , I love all mounts :D

Last edited:

Cba2KillU

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 7, 2010
if 170 odd dc isn't enough then good luck hunting that place lmao.

Had best kit ingame.. LegendarySword/GodWarArm(M) ect..

Carn't wait for next release though :) Good luck mate!

-Ash

Edit: oops wrong account ;)

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
I will release tonight guys, just doing a few tweaks here and there, going to add a npc in CentralPlains were you can test some stuff for me, you probably wont see how much has changed but alot has been done, not much contents but stability wise it's looking much better now.

After this release i will be working on the client, something i really do like doing but it has to done.

Just so people know, the files won't be ready for public release but nearly there.

---------- Post added 12-02-2012 at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was 11-02-2012 at 05:45 PM ----------

The TESTNPC has a couple of errors, just go to
Envir\Market_Def\CentralPlains

Find TESTNPC.txt and replace everything with this.

Code:
[@main]
Testers Features:\
<Mount System/@Mounts>   <Add GameGold/@gamegold>\
<cloaks/@cloaks>   <Add Points/@points>\
<Change Font/@fonts>\

[@gamegold]
#ACT
GAMEGOLD + 99
#SAY
You have recived 99 Gamegold.\

[@points]
#ACT
CREDITPOINT + 10
SENDMSG 0 "<$USERNAME> has recives 10 Credit Points! Testing Message."
SENDMSG 10 "<$USERNAME> has recives 10 Credit Points! Testing Message."
break

[@fonts]
Select a font then type a in game message.\
<Font 1/@font1> <Font 2/@font2> <Font 3/@font3>\
<Font 4/@font4> <Font 5/@font5> <Font 6/@font6>\
<Back/@main>

[@font1]
#ACT
CHATFONT 3
CHATCOLOR 3
#SAY
You font has been changed.
break

[@font2]
#ACT
CHATFONT 5
CHATCOLOR 2
#SAY
You font has been changed.\

[@font3]
#ACT
CHATFONT 7
CHATCOLOR 5
#SAY

[@font4]
#ACT
CHATFONT 8
CHATCOLOR 6
#SAY

[@font5]
#ACT
CHATFONT 8
CHATCOLOR 22
#SAY

[@font6]
#ACT
CHATFONT 8
CHATCOLOR 33
#SAY

[@cloaks]
cloaks are items which lets you transform\
you into a object or monster.\
<FounderCloak/@cloak1>  <FiendishCloak/@cloak2> <AshuraCloak/@cloak3>\
<GuardCloak/@cloak4> <PigCloak/@cloak5> <RabbitCloak/@cloak6> <HorseCloak/@cloak7>\
<UnicornCloak/@cloak8> <ApeCloak/@cloak9> <GladiatorCloak/@cloak10> <SnakeCloak/@cloak11>\
<FlamesCloak/@cloak12> <BalrogCloak/@cloak13> <TyrantCloak/@cloak14> <BlackAshCloak/@cloak15>\

[@cloak1]
#ACT
GIVE FounderCloak 1
break

[@cloak2]
#ACT
GIVE FiendishCloak 1
break

[@cloak3]
#ACT
GIVE AshuraCloak 1
break

[@cloak4]
#ACT
GIVE GuardCloak 1
break

[@cloak5]
#ACT
GIVE PigCloak 1
break

[@cloak6]
#ACT
GIVE RabbitCloak 1
break

[@cloak7]
#ACT
GIVE HorseCloak 1
break

[@cloak8]
#ACT
GIVE UnicornCloak 1
break

[@cloak9]
#ACT
GIVE ApeCloak 1
break

[@cloak10]
#ACT
GIVE GladiatorCloak 1
break

[@cloak11]
#ACT
GIVE SnakeCloak 1
break

[@cloak12]
#ACT
GIVE FlamesCloak 1
break

[@cloak13]
#ACT
GIVE BalrogCloak 1
break

[@cloak14]
#ACT
GIVE TyrantCloak 1
break

[@cloak15]
#ACT
GIVE BlackAshCloak 1
break

[@Mounts]
First "Get Mount" select the mount you want.\
Then you will need to upgrade it.\
\
<Get Mount/@getmount>\
<Upgrade Mount/@upgrade>\
<Mount Armor/@armor>\
<Back/@main>

[@armor]
#ACT
Give RoyalArmor(F) 1
give RoyalDayArm(M) 1

[@getmount]
Please select your Mount\
\
<Leopard/@leopard>\
<Lion/@lion>\
<Dragon/@dragon>\
<Phoenix/@Phoenix>\
<Spectral Tiger/@tiger>\
<Back/@mounts>

[@leopard]
#ACT
give 豹魔石 1
break

[@lion]
#ACT
GIVE 狮魔石 1
break

[@dragon]
#ACT
GIVE 麒麟石 1
break

[@Phoenix]
#ACT
GIVE 凤凰石 1
break

[@tiger]
#ACT
GIVE 虎魔石 1
break

[@upgrade]
Free Upgrade.\
<1st Upgrade/@upgrade1>\
<2nd Upgrade/@upgrade2>\

[@upgrade1]
#ACT
UPGRADEMON
break
#SAY
You have succesfully upgrade mount to level 1!\
\
<Exit/@exit>

#IF
equal $PET.RELIVE 0
#ACT
UPGRADEMON
break
#SAY
You have succesfully upgrade mount to level 1!\
\
<Exit/@exit>

#IF
equal $PET.RELIVE 0
#SAY
Sorry you do not meet the requirements.\
\
\
<Exit/@exit>\
#ELSESAY
Sorry you do not meet the requirements.\
\
\
<Exit/@exit>\

[@upgrade2]
#IF
!equal $PET.RELIVE 1
#ACT
break
#SAY
Your mount must be alive and released.\
\
<Exit/@exit>

#IF
#ACT
UPGRADEMON
UPGRADEUSERITEM $PETMAKEINDEX 59 = 1
#SAY
Your Mount is now level 2.\
Clicking CTRL + R You can Ride your mount.\
Clicking CTRL + R x2 will put you in battle mode.\

\
<Exit/@exit>

Added mount armor, remember to use the mount, you need the stone then upgrade it, make sure you 1st upgrade then 2nd upgrade.
To ride CTRL + R
You need to be wearing the RoyalArmor.

Also the stones are left Chinese for now, if you change the name of it they will break, they need to be changed in the source aswell, just not got round to it. Oh and that goes for the mount monsters aswell.

Edit: Ok the test npc is located in CentralPlains, just type @goto 0 473 226. Trying to give people as much detail as possible as i know quite alot have never played woool.
2hn3l7k.jpg

Last edited:

MutantlX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
Newcastle
thanks sanity, ill be testing later today :)

Edit:

Got it all working off svn but when i ran launcher i got error group.dat missing

I found group100.dat and renamed and it worked. is this ok to do? it did run fine.

Last edited:

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
thanks sanity, ill be testing later today :)

Edit:

Got it all working off svn but when i ran launcher i got error group.dat missing

I found group100.dat and renamed and it worked. is this ok to do? it did run fine.

Yeah thats ok, same files just different name.

MutantlX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
Newcastle
Well I got incandescent so will try some stuff out tonight for you but I'm a noob to this game

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Guys could do with some help here, if anyone could find out some words or bottons on the interface let me know what it is please.

It's just settings and guild windows that am struggling with at the moment, no Chinese on to help so going off memory.
Don't worry about stats or anything like that, settings and guild settings are the biggest ones i need.

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
2 Bugs found with mounts..

1) Get a Leopard mount then click 'Upgrade 1' Then it goes to Upgrade 1.. Then click 'Upgrade 1' Again and it goes to 'Upgrade 2'.. Then click it again and it goes invisible.. Then Upgrade it again and it's a invisible thing with a shield..

2) I mounted a level 2 Dragon.. Then i clicked he Leopard and it spawned it beside me while i was mounting dragon.. So i clicked it again to get rid of it but it summoned another Leopard.. So i clicked it 'Again' and 1 of the leopards wen't.. But there was still another 1 there.. But i resummoned 'Dragon' Then i wen't of it and i still had a leopard besides me.. (This isn't much of a BIG DEAL) Because it does Nowt.. So maybe look at this in future ;)

Good luck on next release mate!

-Ash

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
That mount upgrade is only temp, it's not the proper script for upgrading mounts, things might be buggy.

Danut

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 17, 2012
Why i can`t wear RoyalArmour ? -.-

EDIT:

My mistake the name of Armour is RoyalDayArm for male :D

Last edited:

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Why i can`t wear RoyalArmour ? -.-

EDIT:

My mistake the name of Armour is RoyalDayArm for male :D

Lol sorry that was my mistake, i noticed last night just forgot to mention it.

RoyalArmor doesn't replace your main armor btw guys but you do need it to ride a mount.

Update on Interface.
Login Done
All OK,Cancel Popups done
Character Creation Done
Welcome Notice Done
Main Stat window done (Dark attributes not done)
Hero Stat winow done
All Bags done
Buy/Sell Window Done
Trade Done
Maps Done
Mounts Done (Just first page)
Stall Done
Skill windows Done

Pic, not great font but it's readable in small so i picked it, not much room to type these words.
qs4i7k.jpg

Main ones to finish are Settings and Guild/Personal windows.

Edit: I know about Spirit Power, once it fills up it resets, this isn't code releated i don't think, think it's th values set wrong, Spirit Power is used for Combo skills, il get this sorted unless someones can sort as il be working on the client for the next few days.

Last edited: