DC Universe Online

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
My local ASDA doesn't even do PC games any more - I shouted at the guy behind the counter when I found out (went to buy World at War, again).

Sorry I don't know why I put that my local ASDA doesn't have it in stock, I meant to say that my local ASDA doesn't even sell PC games either, although the next closest ASDA which is a 20 minute drive away does, although it is a bigger store.

Ive got 2 level 30's now, working on my 3rd :D in all honesty not got any tips. It all depends on what you wanna do :P, Just choose what you think will be fun, i would advise hand blasters for weapons.. THEY ARE AWESOME. What would you be looking to do in the game? Tank, Heal, DPS or Controller? Also there is an ingame voice comm but our guild uses Raid Call - basically a free version of vent :P.

Putting up a video on youtube later. Kinda dual comm but again we are new to commentating (if thats a word lol). It shows 3 easy achievements anyone can get to get 30 points towards a skill point! :D

Youtube is in the signature as you would have guessed :P

I now have:

Reepaa - Level 30
Hand Blasters
Gadgets
Super Speed
The Joker

Azeal - Level 30
Dual Wield
Fire
Super Speed
The Joker

Zai - Level 15
Hand Blasters
Sorcery
Super Speed
Circe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03ZYNy1jpu8 - New Video is up. 720p when its all been approved and such.

You seem to be doing quite well in the game now then demonx, I'm unsure what I want to do just now to be honest, what is most needed within the guild at the moment and I guess I could make a character fitting that class, I'm guessing healer? Usually I'd just jump in and go for a DPS to cause alot of damage and then I can't be ****ed creating more charatcers becuase they wren't as fun as the DPS but this time round I think I'll make a healer as it will probably be the least fun and then when I'm happy with that charatcer make some others, if that makes sense.

I'll download RaidCall just now so I'm prepared for when the game comes, didn't know Ventrilo because pay to use or did you just mean it costs money to buy a server, I could probably get a vent server for free lol, or at least a channel in one.

I'll check the new video out now, thanks for uploading.

demonx

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 4, 2004
England
The only type we really need are controllers so gadgets or mental :P. In all honesty, my sorc is my healer and im loving it lol its nothing like healing on any other game xD

Yeh it was the servers that are free lol RaidCall also uses less resources :D lol.

Dont forget to let me know when you get ingame.

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
The only type we really need are controllers so gadgets or mental :P. In all honesty, my sorc is my healer and im loving it lol its nothing like healing on any other game xD

Yeh it was the servers that are free lol RaidCall also uses less resources :D lol.

Dont forget to let me know when you get ingame.

Ahh right, well controller it is then, what are the duties of a controller and I'll make a post here when I get in-game.

Demonolith

Caswell
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2006
Swansea
Never played the game, but will...but i would have thought Controller would be a CC ( Crowd Control ). Could be wrong though.

demonx

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 4, 2004
England
Controller is basically CC, some damage and mainly providing a support role by giving mana back to other people in the group/raid which is to be honest a god send. lol

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
Seems not too bad, I'll roll as a Controller and get it to 30 then have fun with the other classes! Can't wait for the game to come, should have it before Friday!

demonx

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 4, 2004
England
Yeh im not dead set on what im playing at the moment which is why i have leveled all 4, My gadgets hero doubles dps/controller :P. When i get my healer to 30 if i enjoy that ill prob stick with it :P

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
Had a wee problem with my order because I forgot I changed my bank details to another address and typed the old one in, on play.com lol. Sorted now though just have to wait for an e-mail confirmation off them, doubt I'll get the game by Friday now, gutter!

demonx

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 4, 2004
England
hit 30 and healed through a dungeon ... I LOVE SORCERY lol i have a floating fire eyeball that heals me and my teammates, i put a massive transmutation circle formation on the floor that heals anyone who stands on it periodicaly for around 75 hit 150 crit :P + my direct heals and bubbles! WOOT. Loving this char now its so much fun healing. Think im gonna give leveling a rest for a bit lol a week since release and i have 3 30's ><, cant wait for ya to get on Craig, good luck!

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Loving Fire/Brawler tbh just owning everything and really got into PvP, taking on multiple villans quite abit higher than myself and just owning them. Alot of people don;t have to concept of switching into you role at level 10 (Up on PS3 controller) so they are always in DPS mode.

Loving the Alerts etc amazing game!

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
Look like I might get the game tomorrow after all, they've posted it today depending on how long the delivery is I could have it tomorrow if not it will be monday. Fingers crossed lol.

demonx

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 4, 2004
England
Ok me and my friend Edore have been ... well for lack of a better description, raping people in pvp today. I managed to get a video of one of our matches, basically with my sorcerer ive specced into 1h swords, respecced to damage and.. well the result is immense. Ill upload the pvp video with some music rather than commentary so it will be up tonight!

Virus is our league :P Aki is healing, me and edore just smash faces basically.

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyXRs1-9rS0

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
Ok me and my friend Edore have been ... well for lack of a better description, raping people in pvp today. I managed to get a video of one of our matches, basically with my sorcerer ive specced into 1h swords, respecced to damage and.. well the result is immense. Ill upload the pvp video with some music rather than commentary so it will be up tonight!

Virus is our league :P Aki is healing, me and edore just smash faces basically.

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyXRs1-9rS0

Nice, PVP looks mega fun! Got all excited this morning when the door went and it was the postman with a parcel, went down and signed for it opened, he handed it to me and I could feel that it was shoes for my old dear, gutted! Sometimes postmas comes back around 5pm with another delivery, hopefully thats the case!

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
craig why didnt you just buy it online and download?

got paid today thinking about buying it.

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
To be honest i should have lol but I just bought on impulse when I could I do like having the case etc, and I was going to say I'd probably end up losing the code and something would happen to my computer but there is probably measures in place to retrieve a game code to re download it lol.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Yeah there is, buy it on Steam and it's there forever - can even install on multiple computers.