DC Universe Online

demonx

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 4, 2004
England
You still have the option to que for PvP or even turn on PvP to see if anyone is brave enough to attack you in world PvP but obviously if you dont want to fight while questing just dont enable it.

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
awsome so best of both worlds :) ill deffo be getting , aint played any descent games in years apart from hon lol.

ull have to sort me some gold/items out :P

demonx

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 4, 2004
England
Items come easily from quests in all honesty same as cash, im sitting on about 20k at level 30. Started another char to be a healer too ^^ should be 30 soon!

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
demon i got all next week off , so if you up for some geeking iam up for that :P

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
just started tonight just hit level 7 :) hand blaster ice fun so far nice AoE spells aswell. will msg u tomoz about joing guild if thats ok still dont know way around fully yet tho :D

demonx

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 4, 2004
England
Im currently on long term sick shady so sure :P and joe no problem just gimme a shout :] i can give you guys a few hints on achievements too, to get you those oh so important skill points ;]

Just /tell either Azeal or Reepaa

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
sweet will be on later to night off to traford center in 10 mins :)

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
i cant get till 17th because thats when my real net comes :( not long na though , been waiting 2month for the ****ers to come do my line lol.

so 17th ill be geeking.

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Got it on the PS3 downloading updates atm first 1gb now another 2gb taking ages :( The controls look fairly well laid out and i think this could probably be the best console MMO that's been done.

Will let you know when i actually get to play... Don't see why they didn't add the initial patches to the disc it's not like they have no space on that blu-ray -.-

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
Couldn't imagine playing an MMO on a conole don't think it would be as fun hence why I'm going to be purchasing the PC version

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Supports keyboard and headset for talking and the controls as said seem mapped pretty well not had a chance to play yet about 57% done on the 2nd update but it's had pretty good reviews on the controls so far.

Think i'll be going PvP server and found out that the PC servers aren't linked to PS3 so we can't play with PC gamers =/ guess it could be cause mouse/keyboard have faster response than the controller.

Hopefully it gets a speed boost and is done soon, think i'll go with the Healer type not sure what movement and weapons yet though.

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
its lame they arent linked , you can buy a keyboard and mouse for ps3?

ill be getting pc version...dont see point in consoles every game i wanna play on consoles , i can with a wireless 360 controller on pc lol.
but guess some people like alot more games then i do.

demonx

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 4, 2004
England
Just an update for you lot, ill be putting some commentaries on my youtube later or tomorrow so feel free to check those out. Also since the launch in europe ive personally been experiencing alot of login ques, so just be prepared for a couple of minutes wait for login at peak times :] i generally just click my char and go get a drink or something.

www.youtube.com/nulliseccundus

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Yeah Shady any usb mouse or keyboard work fine :)

Hand Blasters
Superman
Ice & Flying

is what i went for on my latest character working out pretty cool. Just need to find a good balance between all the power trees as i can assume you don;t get enough points for everything.

Also have a 2H, Superman mentor, Flying, Fire Power which hits pretty hard :D

I went PvP server and have had my ass handed to me a few times by the bigger levels. You can still give a good fight back though breaking thier stuns etc. Seems to be alot of content already so can't wait for updates etc. I like "The Vault" :)

As said the PS3 Controls are very easy and it's alot of fun to play on the console and in a way i can see it being fair on the PvP scale as with PC's there are varied specs which could give one player lag on a mass PvP and others not. No need to worry about that on the PS3, still a shame i can't play with all of you guys :(

demonx

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 4, 2004
England
HERO! WTF?!? Noooooooooooooooo! lol.

Yeh i started a char with dual wield, fire today :D almost level 20 ^^, will prob get 30 tomorrow and start gearing for tank.
Our guild is big enough for raiding now ^^ so gonna get some Tier1 on the go then get raiding :D

So again if you start on Reality Lost PvE - Villian - /tell either Azeal or Reepaa, will be more than happy to give ya an inv, think we have around 9/10 level 30's including 2 tanks 2 healers and at least 1 controller :D

Also you get a fair few points for powers and skills so i wouldent worry too much about speccing as you level. You will prob end up spending 500$ respeccing at 30 :P

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Couldn't imagine playing an MMO on a conole don't think it would be as fun hence why I'm going to be purchasing the PC version

I love playing mmo's on console. Used to play EverQuest on ps2...as xander said just plug in a keyboard to chat

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
Went and ordered it via Play.com since my local ASDA didn't have it on there shelfs, should be here hopefully by Friday and I can get a weekend on the game, should keep me in and pout of trouble.

Any updates on any of your progress on the game? And hint/tips for me for when I start? I'll be joining the swerver you says demonx and was wondering do you and your friends use voice comms? Is there an in-game voice comms feature or do I have to re-download ventrilo or teamspeak?

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Went and ordered it via Play.com since my local ASDA didn't have it on there shelfs, should be here hopefully by Friday and I can get a weekend on the game, should keep me in and pout of trouble.

Any updates on any of your progress on the game? And hint/tips for me for when I start? I'll be joining the swerver you says demonx and was wondering do you and your friends use voice comms? Is there an in-game voice comms feature or do I have to re-download ventrilo or teamspeak?

My local ASDA doesn't even do PC games any more - I shouted at the guy behind the counter when I found out (went to buy World at War, again).

demonx

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 4, 2004
England

Ive got 2 level 30's now, working on my 3rd :D in all honesty not got any tips. It all depends on what you wanna do :P, Just choose what you think will be fun, i would advise hand blasters for weapons.. THEY ARE AWESOME. What would you be looking to do in the game? Tank, Heal, DPS or Controller? Also there is an ingame voice comm but our guild uses Raid Call - basically a free version of vent :P.

Putting up a video on youtube later. Kinda dual comm but again we are new to commentating (if thats a word lol). It shows 3 easy achievements anyone can get to get 30 points towards a skill point! :D

Youtube is in the signature as you would have guessed :P

I now have:

Reepaa - Level 30
Hand Blasters
Gadgets
Super Speed
The Joker

Azeal - Level 30
Dual Wield
Fire
Super Speed
The Joker

Zai - Level 15
Hand Blasters
Sorcery
Super Speed
Circe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03ZYNy1jpu8 - New Video is up. 720p when its all been approved and such.