Dead?!

02goswej

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 12, 2004
United Kingdom
heres the question.... is mir 2 dying a slow and painful death?? what happened to the great servers, DarkRealm, Justice etc i download mir 2 today and log on to Disturbed to see five people on?! from around 3X ppl that used to play, i then go on JamRock... i see a few people on although i didnt count cause i was lagging.... what has happened to all these great HIGH RATE server's!?!?!? are they ever coming back or are they left to rot forever?! please somone hear me and put one of these great servers back up !! ^_^

/TheThing....im back to mir babi

mmmm

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 24, 2004
They hasent been a decent server for ages.

Robert

Actual Jesus
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.
I think the problem were having here is people thinking darkreal and justice were quality servers.

By far the best thing to come from mir recently is mentaLs ragezone low and high rate. Now there we have a high rate server succeding, and why? Well because its ran in a professional manner, its reliable and its well made..whilst most of these other servers are slapdash and not well thought out.

Some people dont think they can compete with r/z so dont bother and then loose interest in mir, some hate mentaL so refuse to play his server and as there is no alternative decide to leave mir.

I suggest someone spends a few months, makes a decent high rate server with attention to detail, bug free (as far as it can be) and vast content and then you will see the high rate lovers return just you watch.

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
No but in general there hasnt been a very big server count as recent.

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
There is a few factors you maybe forgot about and this would explain both the lack of people playing Private Server as well the lower active users on LOMCN period. Mir2 has been out for what - 5 years now? If you went back 5 years, you would see that both hardware & Games as well as the people who played such games were all Teenagers with nothing better to do then Log into Mir and mess with there mates.

As time moved on - so did the hardware, the games and the people of course all grew up and reached the age were Drinking, Collage, Work, Other Activitys etc play a much more important role then sitting watching a 2D Sprite @ 640x480 with 256 Colours.

Not to mention of course that in them 5 years - people must have played the games how many times across how many servers? How many Servers have come online only to last a few months and people then had to "Start again" on yet another server - repeat and rinse until Sick to death of P Servers.

Touching on the Subject of "High rate" Servers - this only goes to show how sick people are of playing the game in fact - they want to join a Server, bypass all the lower levels and get to the crunch with high level Chars + Kit and somehow expect the server to carry on supporting them through to level XXX. All they have done in effect is Shift the Lower levels to a bigger number - now Level 40 is the same as Level 1 on a Normal Server, Tottally Pointless.

jasper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2005
also i think that when the DM2 server is completed and released fully working up to 2.3 standards, then lots of interest will be generated by players/server owners, there arn't many p servers that offer something different to the next. the current M2 had been picked to the bare bones. and as demonic has pointed out with high rate servers, everything is relative, mobs will be made harder, items will be made higher lvl to wear ect. its not like somebody with dc 75-250 killing ZT with its ac,amc, hp set high is any diferent to somebody with dc 30-90 killing a normal stated ZT.
lots more i could say, but bored with listening to myself now.

Last edited:

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
me and my bro are making a server called Domain the level rates aint gonna be dat high and stats arnt eaither but it wont be going online till we can afford a decent PC to host it on, many ppl who hosts the server's are corrupt not sayin every1 is but some ppl are

NickAKAVexus

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2005
New york
me and my bro are making a server called Domain the level rates aint gonna be dat high and stats arnt eaither but it wont be going online till we can afford a decent PC to host it on, many ppl who hosts the server's are corrupt not sayin every1 is but some ppl are

Use dm2, since you have to wait anyway. No one wants to play 1.9 anymore!

Also spell correctly when you make your server thread it will attract more players. ;)

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Same ere user00 but cant bring back the past. Would never be the same as it used to be imo. Both high and low stats servers are about as popular when they first come out but with the high stat servers normally items are very easy, just my opinion on wyh people would leave, items are to easy to get.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
WeOwn was cool ^_^

If it did ever come back i'd recommend it into Mir2 2.3 Version once its translated :P

muffinpie

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 19, 2005
I miss WeOwn,Death,Darkside and most of all extigy all class servers but i doubt we would ever see them again

Perebble

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 11, 2006
www.atomicide.com
WeOwn won't work since the 1.5+ files were released.

Back in 1.4, level 35-40 in a day was considered fast, but now that's nothing, and that (for me) has lost WeOwn it's "wow" factor (seeing as back then level 50 was something no one was (really) familiar with).

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
I think the problem were having here is people thinking darkreal and justice were quality servers.

By far the best thing to come from mir recently is mentaLs ragezone low and high rate. Now there we have a high rate server succeding, and why? Well because its ran in a professional manner, its reliable and its well made..whilst most of these other servers are slapdash and not well thought out.

Some people dont think they can compete with r/z so dont bother and then loose interest in mir, some hate mentaL so refuse to play his server and as there is no alternative decide to leave mir.

I suggest someone spends a few months, makes a decent high rate server with attention to detail, bug free (as far as it can be) and vast content and then you will see the high rate lovers return just you watch.

no offence but you sound like the typical rz player: so in love that he's blind to all the bad things; i dont hate mental and i've played alot of his servers but he has never been the type to fix bugs or even spend months on it, usualy he spends a few mins slaping together some good stuff and making sure it works then putting it online and pretty much ignoring the server from this point forward (although he's great at doing pr stuff which explains why he always manages to get good usercounts with crap servers :p)

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Use dm2, since you have to wait anyway. No one wants to play 1.9 anymore!

Also spell correctly when you make your server thread it will attract more players. ;)
well m8, we would but we dont no nothing about DM2 and there's load's of stuff to it, me and my bro have decieded to stay with 1.9 till we decide to change but if u can tell us though a PM what it is and what it is about that would help alot thx

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
well m8, we would but we dont no nothing about DM2 and there's load's of stuff to it, me and my bro have decieded to stay with 1.9 till we decide to change but if u can tell us though a PM what it is and what it is about that would help alot thx

You knew nothing about 1.4, 1.9, Ledu or Plumewind files when they first came out

DM2 files are the same as the 4 sets of files I named above
the only differance is that the DM2 files are updated and are going somewhere

All the info about DM2 is on the forum

Im sorry but "we dont no nothing about DM2 and there's load's of stuff to it" is just rubbish, the only way you will learn is to use it

BH