Enjoy it while you can... mir2.mironline.co.kr & mir3.mironline.co.kr

Join Discord

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Enjoy it while it lasts! Access to Mir2 and Mir3 Korean sites. Far investigated and noticed domains are registered to the new owners YD Online, maybe they've forgotten to block us for now!

mir2.mironline.co.kr
Mir3.mironline.co.kr

Stumbled across the new url when using a proxy and noticed i was able to browse site once the proxy had closed. Hopefully they dont block this one off!

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
Ive played games from yd online before - they made the priston tale games. Both went down after a few years :-(

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
I remember priston tale! That was a really good game til they closed :(

Also thankyou smav for the links :)

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Golden Oldie
May 10, 2009
County Durham
It annoys me that korean and chinese mir actively have game developers working on offical mir's consistantly and we're left to do it all alone. They forget they have a player base elsewhere in the world, albeit not as big as kr or cn but you get my drift.

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
It annoys me that korean and chinese mir actively have game developers working on offical mir's consistantly and we're left to do it all alone. They forget they have a player base elsewhere in the world, albeit not as big as kr or cn but you get my drift.

I think they overpriced the franchise which made it almost impossible for anyone to survive running an official server. That, coupled with our community's desire to try and hack, break and undermine their game made them decide to knock any western server on the head.
It's in peoples' nature to try and get inside code so I don't know what they expected and I think what peed them off even more is the fact that many of our players and coders ran rings round them and had greater ability than they did.

The irony is that their current official servers are bug ridden and have bots and cheats even now and its not us doing it.

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Golden Oldie
May 10, 2009
County Durham
I think they overpriced the franchise which made it almost impossible for anyone to survive running an official server. That, coupled with our community's desire to try and hack, break and undermine their game made them decide to knock any western server on the head.
It's in peoples' nature to try and get inside code so I don't know what they expected and I think what peed them off even more is the fact that many of our players and coders ran rings round them and had greater ability than they did.

The irony is that their current official servers are bug ridden and have bots and cheats even now and its not us doing it.

This is true, i just miss the times where we were all on one server not spread out over multiple private servers and files. Nostalgia moment.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
Would be nice to see lomcn come together and make one big server rather than like 10 shite ones every other month.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
It's more like Mir 3 and I didn't like that either.

What part of Mir 3 Didn't you like?

Spoiler.png

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
ohh nice glad to see you ended up doing the Mir 3

making a server to host or more files like your others?

:)

This one will remain closed source for a few reasons.
My aim will be to host a server. I am in a much better position this time around, and once I am ready to host I'll end up getting a dedicated server with atleast a year's duration (up front). I will also probably look to employ someone to design a website for me, but that is for another day.

Progress will happen so much faster this time around too.

Omniscient

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 30, 2009
My aim will be to host a server. I am in a much better position this time around, and once I am ready to host I'll end up getting a dedicated server with atleast a year's duration (up front). I will also probably look to employ someone to design a website for me, but that is for another day.

Was wondering why your sig was saying mir 3 coming soon...very nice lol

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
What part of Mir 3 Didn't you like?

Spoiler.png

When I played it in the early days, the chars movement didn't feel the same as on 2. It didn't look natural.
Plus all the elements etc., no entry of shops, just external NPCs, the chat system, the whole package didn't feel right.

I expect your new version probably removes most of those issues however ^^.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

Nice, that's great news glad to see your still keeping Mir alive with making of the c files aswell as this Mir 3 project!

im guessing assassins and all of the wemade stuff will be on here because I know you loved the assassin back in the day.

Best of luck mate looking forward to seeing the finished peice!