{EpicMir}~{C# Files}~{Custom content/rates}

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

EpicMir

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Mar 19, 2015
General info :
Server team : LedZeppelin , JohnSnow
Experience : Custom (Med-High feeling)
Drops : Custom (but items wont be served on a plate)
Content cap : level 60 (for now)
Classes : Wizard , Warrior , Taoist , Assassin , Archer
forum :http://epicmir.greatestboard.com/

Client download : mediafire.com download/79mjg1aiof8hb2j/Client.rar

SERVER ONLINE

Information :
Server content has been done from scratch , no euro feel , nothing similar to it , currently we have 16 caves implemented , 22 kits , custom items and a lot of quests .

Level Caps :
At every 10 levels the players will hit a level cap and in order to progress they will have to pay a tribute to StageAdvancement(SZ BW) to uncap the next levels .We decided to implement this in order to stop the power-leveling and to make people more precautious with their in-game gold.

Economy:
We feel that one of the key things on a server is the economy , so we plan to introduce lots of game in-gold by mobs/bosses/quests ,but also to be lots of necessary and unnecessary ways to spend the gold. So as easy as it will come in-game, it will go twice as fast , so hopefully we will create an economy where people are dependent on gold.

Classes :
First off , on here all classes will have their fair chance on Leveling / PVP-ing / Boss Hunting . There are bosses / caves designed in such way to work for all classes in a decent manner.

Taoist
: As always will be the support class in Group hunts / Big fights but he will also be a stand-alone class that will be able to hunt and level on its own , King in 1v1 PVP due to Pets , Poison and Curse .

Wizard: Mass DPS/Nuker as known , also will have his fair chance at Boss Hunts (solo) but his advantage as always will be on mass fights , leveling.

Warrior: Tank , Nuker will have highest defensive/HP stats but as DPS(Single target) he will be on 3rd place, The kind of class which will always manage to TT before dying.

Assassin: High DPS (2nd) (will have highest attack rate ingame , close DC to warrior) but less defence/HP , evasive skills and a great Boss Hunter ( best solo-er ingame)

Archer: Highest DPS ingame but highest risk of using it (since its a newly class still lots can change but.. here is my vision on him) low defence/HP (somewhere between wiz/tao) and requires some skill to be used properly (mostly due to long range hit = high dmg , near target hit = small dmg) .

Items :
Every 10 levels has its set of items. The set will be rare but accessible to everyone.We added plenty of bosses from solo to group , to battle ones , so everyone has his fair chance and lots of places to hunt for his/her items.
Also spells will be semi rare from 20 upwards(and by semi rare we mean everyone will have them sooner or later but they won’t flood the server).

Bosses:
We have a wide variety of bosses (all up to what the developers offered as AI's) but they are split into bosses you can easily “solo” , group bosses , battle bosses , each of them having their fair chance of dropping valuable items.

Our plan is to make use of all the features the dev put in our hands (even some seem booring , were trying to give a good use to them)

Mining:
So here mining will have its role as you can craft Keys from ores and with those keys you can benefit from all kinds of perks/advantages (like opening some npc’s) . Of course this is not mandatory and won’t affect your main game (but will make your life easier like gaining pets and stuff)

Fishing:
Another feature with which we played a bit and decided to give it a pretty important role ,yet not a vital one . By fishing you will be able ,and the only way (beside few quests), to get InstantHP/MP potions. After some tests ,we found the decent rate where people won’t flood the server with pots, but neither will they fall asleep till they get one.

By those 2 features we wanted to bring another side on the server market and something new in the economy, as knowing MIR players, there will be people who will fish/mine and other people who will not only hunt/people kills but by bringing this into the game people will have to buy stuff one from another (gold must be always on the move not stacking on a geeks bag )

Pets:
Recently added system by the developers , nothing to say much about them besides the fact that there are few in game that will be accesible by gold and others by gamegold but in the end everyone will have their own pet .

Mount:
The main tiger will be buyable but its items, you will have to gather from a single boss who drops them (specially desgined for this) and they will be fairly semi-rare .

Quests:
We had some discussions about this and decided that instead of adding a 100 of quests with crappy rewards that probably 90% of players will ignore , we instead went for adding fewer quests (35 at most but looking into new ideas for quests) that most probably 90% of people won’t skip .
We have the usual grindfest quests (by that we mean like kill 50 of these , 60 of these and 10 of these) , we have the boss hunt quests and the "EpicQuests" which will be gathered from the EpicStone where we tried to make them a bit different, like finding stuff , speaking to npcs , exploring stuff . All the quests will have satisfiable rewards (and you won’t get just 1k of gold/exp from them)

Spells :
Spells level and rarity have been redesigned so on the first release there won’t be every spell ingame (but we assured that all the core ones which define the class and are vital ,will be available at low levels )
NOTE: since the MagicDB isn’t customizable due to the redesign, some spells you won’t level from after you learned them (most of them will do) but some will require some levels first .
NOTE2: also since of the MagicDB (even though all other unique items will be rare) the Skill Level Stone will be obtainable at a low level via quests. No1 wants to level 4000 points a spell, so since we can’t change that yet , we will make your life a bit easier.

GameShop:
There will be a gameshop ingame with stuff ranging from spells to cosmetics . Everything found in the gameshop will be as well obtained from drops(or other things).

Our perspective :
We’re trying to create a server enjoyable for any1 (well it won’t be for every1 but we’re trying at least) , a server where you don’t need to repeat the same euro stuff ,neither the feeling of losing hours and hours to gain 2% or a crappy item , instead we’re trying to expand the server on more horizons to give players plenty of stuff to do and to result in fun for every1 .
The Server is also PK inclined, by this we shorted most of the maps (so players will meet) , added Battle Bosses and generally trying to keep players as closer to each other (instead of 100 useless maps) we’re using only the necessary ones .

Plans and Future : Since we have a lot of time to dedicate on the server and want to build a Long Term one , we plan to release monthly(more or less depending on the server progression/IRL issues) expansions which will consist on 10-20 Levels cap raised and new content .
1)It would be better to release more content at once rather than split and less.
2)On every expansion the older content won’t become redundant .It will still have its value and won’t be made easier or removed from the game .
3)We know the stats/level are limited at the moment and as a custom server (with High/Med progression pace) sooner or later we will hit those caps but then we will de-branch from the SVN and uncap them or maybe it will be done by the developers till then ^^ anyways it won’t represent a problem .

We've put a lot of work/planning/ideas/hours on the server so hope you'll give it try , what u can expect from the server is :
-High quality and entertaining content
-Long Term
-Constant Updates
-Uniqueness and innovating content.

Image 6.Png
Image 0.Png
Image 2.Png
Image 14.Png
P.s will upload more screens but atm getting a wierd error when trying to upload from pc

Last edited:

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Been a while since i read a server ad i like. I suggest you post some more pictures from items,maps,npc's,bosses to create some more hype since your eta is quite soon.

EpicMir

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Mar 19, 2015
Been a while since i read a server ad i like. I suggest you post some more pictures from items,maps,npc's,bosses to create some more hype since your eta is quite soon.

thank you :) , trying mate but i get a queue error like file is to big for forum to handle ? no matter if i upload it here or on tinypic and link it here =/ , had prepared like 20 pics but only these allow me to post

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
not again another c server lol! These files are a mess ! Good luck
And how are you judging these files based on a couple server's which have been online.

Goodluck EM, Hope you have more success then the other C# Server's currently online.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
not again another c server lol! These files are a mess ! Good luck

How so?

What made you come to the conclusion that a newly coded (from scratch) server is a mess? LMAO, have you seen the state of heroes? OR AppleM2? infact, I bet AceM2 is a ****ing disaster, giving the team most likely slapped in the code

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
I like the way you are posting some of your thought process behind things like mining/cash etc.

I believe posting some info regarding regarding classes, how you want them work in leveling, in bossing, in pvp and info about their spells (either new spells or buffed/nerfed existing spells)

Example:

Taos
You will be useless as ***. You will be buff-pots and only be asked to hunt with ppl to poison the boss 2 times. If you have no mates or no guild you or you dont like doing everything other than mining in groups you better quit already.

Assasins
You thought you can actually sneak and assasinate ppl? Wrong. You have to hit someone 30times to kill him.
You thought you have best dps ingame? Yes you do. On trainer and at lvls 15-32.

Obviously im being sarcastic here (even thought sadly thats the truth for 99% of the servers) but i belive it would be usefull for ppl to read your thoughts on classes and how u tried/plan to balance em.

EpicMir

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Mar 19, 2015
And how are you judging these files based on a couple server's which have been online.

Goodluck EM, Hope you have more success then the other C# Server's currently online.

Thanks we invested a lot of time into the content :) balance might not be perfect at the beginning but that can be done in time (mostly at pvp i mean) .
And since these files are still in development and bugs can occur were taking a lot of preventions and backups done frequently to avoid any issue/bug that could occur (coding side)

---------- Post Merged at 07:56 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:43 AM ----------

I like the way you are posting some of your thought process behind things like mining/cash etc.

I believe posting some info regarding regarding classes, how you want them work in leveling, in bossing, in pvp and info about their spells (either new spells or buffed/nerfed existing spells)

Example:

Taos
You will be useless as ***. You will be buff-pots and only be asked to hunt with ppl to poison the boss 2 times. If you have no mates or no guild you or you dont like doing everything other than mining in groups you better quit already.

Assasins
You thought you can actually sneak and assasinate ppl? Wrong. You have to hit someone 30times to kill him.
You thought you have best dps ingame? Yes you do. On trainer and at lvls 15-32.

Obviously im being sarcastic here (even thought sadly thats the truth for 99% of the servers) but i belive it would be usefull for ppl to read your thoughts on classes and how u tried/plan to balance em.

you see mate here we have a little problem , since the files don't have yet an magic editor (db editor) i cant do much about spells like buffing tao's sbf and stuff .
I can only balance them by stats and by reordering the spells on pvp i mean.

pve wise we assured that:
each class will have solo bosses / group bosses / and battle bosses ( so each class will be able to solo some bosses about 20 at the corresponding level ) aka HP regen of boss wont be higher than player dps (wont be easy like afk killing , but can be done by every1)
each class will be able to level fine (ofc wizzes will have their advantage) but there is also group caves were mobs give better exp and its kind of anti wizzes due to lots of range mobs + high amc
each class will have their pros/cons on pvp and as soon the team puts the magic editor we can balance this even better .

in the end its a mmorpg , classes wont be in perfect balance but all of them will be able to enjoy the server content .

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
I keep getting answers i like even though some of em are quite generic. At least they are better to what im used to.

One more question. You keep mentioning magicDB and even though i have no idea about coding in these files, i have seen ppl altering necessary points per lvl and xx69xx posted a video where slaying was hitting 10x dmg of TDB which he did in minimum time just to answer me a question i made (aka it cant be that difficult at least on his server.

So my question is: are those ppl that skilled with coding which allows em to do these changes? Are their files slightly different to allow em do those changes? Are you perhaps missing something?

I dont really care about the answer. I mean i care more about content that coding. Like you said if SFB for example has a low SC multiplier just double the SC on the items and fix the issue with stats.

EpicMir

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Mar 19, 2015
I keep getting answers i like even though some of em are quite generic. At least they are better to what im used to.

One more question. You keep mentioning magicDB and even though i have no idea about coding in these files, i have seen ppl altering necessary points per lvl and xx69xx posted a video where slaying was hitting 10x dmg of TDB which he did in minimum time just to answer me a question i made (aka it cant be that difficult at least on his server.

So my question is: are those ppl that skilled with coding which allows em to do these changes? Are their files slightly different to allow em do those changes? Are you perhaps missing something?

I dont really care about the answer. I mean i care more about content that coding. Like you said if SFB for example has a low SC multiplier just double the SC on the items and fix the issue with stats.

spells dmg can be easily be modified by code but that means to de-branch from the SVN (aka no updates from far/td/stephen anymore) and we do not wish that atm . We plan on de-branching incase we hit the cap stats @ 255 and the files will still be capped at byte value (256) unless then we are pretty happy with the work done by the developers .

I dont really care about the answer. I mean i care more about content that coding. Like you said if SFB for example has a low SC multiplier just double the SC on the items and fix the issue with stats. - here we have a double edge thingy , cause not only sbf uses SC also buffs , curse , poison , energy shield , plague . so we cant simply double sc to fix sbf cause we might screw the other spells.

anyways one things is clear on our server each class will have their fair chance like all others on every feature , cave , boss , quest , fight .

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
I dont really care about the answer. I mean i care more about content that coding. Like you said if SFB for example has a low SC multiplier just double the SC on the items and fix the issue with stats. - here we have a double edge thingy , cause not only sbf uses SC also buffs , curse , poison , energy shield , plague . so we cant simply double sc to fix sbf cause we might screw the other spells.

Ye was just a bad example. Since most classes use a single stat for dmg if you feel they in general need a 20% dmg buff you can give them a 20% stat raise or something.

Something i would like to see at some point is assasins and warriors using different items. I believe the fact they use same accessories is one of the reasons balance between those 2 classes in specific is a mess.

EpicMir

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Mar 19, 2015
Ye was just a bad example. Since most classes use a single stat for dmg if you feel they in general need a 20% dmg buff you can give them a 20% stat raise or something.

Something i would like to see at some point is assasins and warriors using different items. I believe the fact they use same accessories is one of the reasons balance between those 2 classes in specific is a mess.

each class has their own kit that only they can wear (as u can see in the 2nd pic) and the only shared kits are 0-10 and 10-20 aka NewbieKit and ApprenticeKit

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
funny thing about spell dmg/effect on mir tho :p
they arent stat multiplyers but just stat bonus's
example with random dmg number on sfb:
- if you have 1 sc and use sfb then you'll do 1+7(sfb bonus) dmg
- if you have 100sc and use sfb then you'll do 100+7 dmg
this is the same on any skill btw both sc, mc, dc :p
also part of why warriors(sins) generaly own mir :p
it's normal for a war to hit 100+dc while the wiz's would only reach 60+ mc at that same stage in gear > so the wiz instantly has much lower dmg then war :p

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
funny thing about spell dmg/effect on mir tho :p
they arent stat multiplyers but just stat bonus's
example with random dmg number on sfb:
- if you have 1 sc and use sfb then you'll do 1+7(sfb bonus) dmg
- if you have 100sc and use sfb then you'll do 100+7 dmg
this is the same on any skill btw both sc, mc, dc :p
also part of why warriors(sins) generaly own mir :p
it's normal for a war to hit 100+dc while the wiz's would only reach 60+ mc at that same stage in gear > so the wiz instantly has much lower dmg then war :p

While i cant argue with you since you are one of the most respected ppl in mir developing what you say doesnt explain well the differences in most servers on say FF damage between mc10-50 and mc30-70 which is more than 100 dmg. Im not a developer nor i have ever seen the code but at least on most server files im quite sure at least MC seemed to work with a multiplier. Could be wrong i suppose but would really amaze me.

Even so if someone carefully plans his end game stats he can calculate the "added" damage on spells to keep the classes balanced.

reckoning

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Dec 15, 2014
ok maybe i did jump the gun abit ! i would like to help test things how long is beta going to be ?

EpicMir

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Mar 19, 2015
There wont be any beta as i had some testers for closed beta to be sure there are no bugs/issues. We will jump straight on Live which i'll announce tonight the date.

Haytham

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 21, 2014
There wont be any beta as i had some testers for closed beta to be sure there are no bugs/issues. We will jump straight on Live which i'll announce tonight the date.

please dont be so stupid... closed beta never helps when testing. half of the things are missed due the testers lack of knowledge the other half 1 or 2 testers wont say anything about and abuse it when live. just look at how much was missed from chronicles close testing there monk. learn from them and dont make the same mistake u will only lose players in the long run

reckoning

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Dec 15, 2014
yea have a open bta for a week or so ....like chapters untold gm is persistant and good but everyone on the server has exploited bugs ect ........

EpicMir

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Mar 19, 2015
By testing i mean me, the other gm and 3 of my close irl friends, we played together through all the content + i always test 100's of times my scripts, mobs and everything i add into game. Its 100% bug free content side, since we started building it we tested in numerous stages . The only bugs that can occur are coding side which if they do exist will be found in time and thats developers part to fix.
This isnt a 2 minute server niether first we ever worked on. Me and other gm have over 10 years experience in mir development and over 15 years in gaming development.

Status
Not open for further replies.