{EpicMir}~{C# Files}~{Custom content/rates}

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
Any custom server is normally 100% unexploited and on another note any euro clone is normally 100% exploitable.

Good luck on the server :)

-Ash

Last edited:

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Out of curiosity (if you want you reply) since you mention you've been in mir developing for a while what servers have you made?

EpicMir

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Mar 19, 2015
Out of curiosity (if you want you reply) since you mention you've been in mir developing for a while what servers have you made?

i was always the quiet guy who did work behind some big names :) and now decided along with my colegue to do our own big work

EpicMir

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Mar 19, 2015
so we have some announcements to do :

1) Server live date : Sunday ( 12/4/2015 ) | Hour : 8 PM (UK Time)
(reason behind , if ur not interested skip)
-Server is fully 100% and ready to go but since these files are still fragile the best time for me and my partner to open the server would be sunday as we have like 1 full week to dedicate 24/7 time on server (if its required) so we would like to be near it incase any crash/issue
-Would like to test a bit more some stuff and do some balances if required + to add some extra stuff where we believe it feels empty (like quests , some items etc etc)

2) Would like to see an estimation of how many players will play the server
-for the simple purpouse to know if i need to supply some more beginning areas (don't want for players to be left out or wait respawns for some mobs due to being too many)
so a simple LIKE to this post will help me make an estimation

3) Rewards for issues/bugs of GameGold when server live
- we decided to reward if any game breaking or exploitable bug is found the player who announces us with gamegold worth of 10-30 Pounds
Why ? First i would like to say that i know , in a perfect world this woudn't and shoudn't happen , players should have the conscious to report the bugs and not exploit them because eventually it will led into a loss of their time and ours (by a rewind of god know how many days or even wipe).
But this is mir afterall , its a mmorpg and people (some) are competitve , they simply wanna be the best and some would do any means by neccesarry to aquire that . So instead of destroying the gameplay for others and lead to a loss of our time (GM's) and yours (Players) we would like instead to reward them for being honest with some GameGold.
We decided to do this because as i said this files are still fragile and an unknown territory for server creators (as seen with the issue on 5 heroes) .
[NOTE] this will apply only on real issues or game breaking bugs that could lead in massive exploits and server wipe
Would like to hear some opinions regarding our ideeas :) please be constructive !

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
I would be willing to give this a test even if u wipe on Sunday for a proper launch and i would guess a lot more would feel like that (should be a good number of ppl waiting for a custom C server). So perhaps do some kind of beta for couple days and we could give some actual feedback before release? This wouldnt destroy any hype built up. If anything it will make it bigger imo with ppl posting actual **** about ur server.

EpicMir

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Mar 19, 2015
is the gamegold going to be game changing ?
Yes and No - depends how you view it .
Gameshop will have RandomItemBoxes / Spells / Buffs .
Drops will have aswell , and my concept its simple : players who don't donate probs will be better than those who donate (cause usually who donates plays less) and everything will be dropppable from bosses with no huge and impossible rates .
You don't niether have to donate or geek to enjoy the server and be on top , u can have my word on this (and i'm not saying to defend my gameshop or w/e)

reckoning

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Dec 15, 2014
20-30 quid of gg for finding a bug seems abit ott =p just keep an eye on people lol

EpicMir

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Mar 19, 2015
20-30 quid of gg for finding a bug seems abit ott =p just keep an eye on people lol

a gamebreaking bug that will result in a wipe/server rewind . I know its a wealthy amount but im available to take that loss (cause its a loss for us aswell as that person could donated for that instead of receiving it) to assure that all players will have a nice/smooth gameplay without any wipes/rewinds (as i said the only reason why we decided to do this is cause we seen what happend on 5 heroes with fishing).

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
a gamebreaking bug that will result in a wipe/server rewind . I know its a wealthy amount but im available to take that loss (cause its a loss for us aswell as that person could donated for that instead of receiving it) to assure that all players will have a nice/smooth gameplay without any wipes/rewinds (as i said the only reason why we decided to do this is cause we seen what happend on 5 heroes with fishing).

lol first off: your 'cash' offer wouldnt have stopped anyone from abusing fishing on 5heroes :p
second: only reason it really became a huge problem, was cause enforcer is never on and doesnt actualy have time to be a gm :p(host a server)

reckoning

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Dec 15, 2014
doesnt not ready mean there a mess lol =p

---------- Post Merged at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:25 PM ----------

so true .....keep a close eye out

EpicMir

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Mar 19, 2015
Updated first post with a briefly description of how the classes will work (as required by Squall777)

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Thank you. Your server sounds more and more appealing every day.

I have brought these questions many times in the past and dont want to create an argument for 10pages (tho i guess thats good advertisement as well).

The questions is about warriors/sins. I would guess sin dps is about holding shift/right clicking a target and do many fast attacks with steady dps while warrior is about TDB+FS to burst the target. So:

1) Since aspeed is the main perk of a sin how accessible is it to warrior? Will aspeed gems/orbs be in game and if so will they be super rare ?
2) At high AC targets be that a warrior with decent items+profield or some bosses how will sin still have higher dps than a warrior? (for example 80dc sin vs 50ac target)
3) Will sin have any type of burst dmg similar to warrior so he can play arround its cooldown as well? Reason im asking this is because usually the sin on the servers i have played cant beat a warrior with similar kit neither by toe to toeing him and holding shift nor by running arround him since war with TDB and FS usually wins both trades.

I still insist you should make some sort of open beta WITH WIPE till launch especially since your server is a bit high rate so you could run into problems way faster than a low rate.

EpicMir

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Mar 19, 2015
Thank you. Your server sounds more and more appealing every day.

I have brought these questions many times in the past and dont want to create an argument for 10pages (tho i guess thats good advertisement as well).

The questions is about warriors/sins. I would guess sin dps is about holding shift/right clicking a target and do many fast attacks with steady dps while warrior is about TDB+FS to burst the target. So:

1) Since aspeed is the main perk of a sin how accessible is it to warrior? Will aspeed gems/orbs be in game and if so will they be super rare ?
2) At high AC targets be that a warrior with decent items+profield or some bosses how will sin still have higher dps than a warrior? (for example 80dc sin vs 50ac target)
3) Will sin have any type of burst dmg similar to warrior so he can play arround its cooldown as well? Reason im asking this is because usually the sin on the servers i have played cant beat a warrior with similar kit neither by toe to toeing him and holding shift nor by running arround him since war with TDB and FS usually wins both trades.

I still insist you should make some sort of open beta WITH WIPE till launch especially since your server is a bit high rate so you could run into problems way faster than a low rate.

1) Speed orb/gems will be pretty rare (lets say a top warrior will end in 2-3A speed top) while sin in 8-10 speed
2) well sin will have a higher base dc than warrior so sin will always end the hits while warrior might miss , an example (not actually from game) war : 40-80 dc , sin 55-70 dc
3) Well spells are coded and i cant do much but since they are official spells , sin will have FlashDash (tested it now a bit) does sort of 2x dmg / high MP / chance of yellow / no cooldown so this spell is way better than doubleslash on fights as it does only 1 hit (so only once u loose dmg on armour) and has chance to inflict yellow

reckoning

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Dec 15, 2014
can we have open beta to test sin/warr attack speed ect.....evey c server iv played warr owning sin and hiting just as fast if not faster.

BIGMAN11

Banned
Banned
Loyal Member
Feb 28, 2015
exp to level skills and damage can all be changed while also updating revisions in c code ....... not hard

also yellow does not increase damage received on c files neither does tdb ignore AC.......

Status
Not open for further replies.