Euro copy - your thoughts

smoochy boys on tour

Aidon_Lee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2012
Not arse licking!
I'm just overly polite haha. We all know Bens servers have been successful and i'm just making sure everyone knows that :)!

@Bon, wack server up... as open beta if all goes well carry it on.. :D

Aidon_Lee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2012
He said he will... but for small things.

So lets talk about the most important thing, which is always donations... now personally i couldnt care if the server had a donation shop or not, my main goal is to just provide a decent server and not waste their time on big douche boys server.

WhiteTiger

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 4, 2004
So lets talk about the most important thing, which is always donations... now personally i couldnt care if the server had a donation shop or not, my main goal is to just provide a decent server and not waste their time on big douche boys server.

That was the first post...maybe if you read on you would have found out what Shank is on about.

Who cares if the server has donations anyway, who the hell wouldn't want donations if you was to make a server. No one in their right mind would make a server to be abused and cried at all day for **** all.

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
That was the first post...maybe if you read on you would have found out what Shank is on about.

Who cares if the server has donations anyway, who the hell wouldn't want donations if you was to make a server. No one in their right mind would make a server to be abused and cried at all day for **** all.

Every server owner from 2004-2009/10

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Tbh, some of the best servers I remember playing had no donations lol. LOCMS, SoulSlayer, few others, mostly because you knew the work you did, was actually going to stick, not get overtaken by someone who is happy to splash out. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy donating too... but when it comes to a point in the server where if you don't or stop donating you fall behind, well, that's when you have a problem.

LiIacF

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 19, 2006
Tbh, some of the best servers I remember playing had no donations lol. LOCMS, SoulSlayer, few others, mostly because you knew the work you did, was actually going to stick, not get overtaken by someone who is happy to splash out. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy donating too... but when it comes to a point in the server where if you don't or stop donating you fall behind, well, that's when you have a problem.

Never really been the case on Ben's servers though tbf, apart from one character now but he does still die. On OS/FH if you played normal you generally turned out on top because the donators were so poor at actually playing. I remember Oober (Dom) telling me he donated £500 in one or two weeks (maybe a bit of an exaggeration) due to us constantly pking him and having to buy the items back for K pots + gold. The items he donated for in the first place.

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
sounds good apart from the 2 hour boss spawns... that is the most boring **** ever. Id much rather always have a boss to head to then stand around in sz watching my timer to go back..

JohnLenovo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 22, 2012
I disagree tho, hardly anyone from LOMCN would join a copy of EURO/USA... they want something a little different.

So unless i was somehow able to get tehse 100 USA players i wouldnt be able to make a community to keep the server stable.

You say you dont want any new items or maps that wasnt on gamepot, but some of the items/maps on gamepot were brand new and not in euro - how did u feel about that lol?

What am i meant to do about updates if i cant use any new maps/items lol?

I don't know if that reply is directed at me, but in case it was, my feedback :)

LOMCN = how many active people? 100? GamePOTUSA has a lot more than 100 active players. After seeing what Mir looks like with 50 people online (reunited), I realised how many people were on gamepot. I reckon on average it would be 300 ish, so with a little guess work I'd say there are 500+ active GamePot players. I could be totally wrong of course, I often am, but I think the people on these forums really underestimate the Gamepot playerbase.

Comparing EURO to Gamepot, yeah there are additions there that Euro didn't have. My point is that private servers that offer extra content seem to always go over the top with the freakiest ideas, maps and items, thus totally ruining the game's economy. And the economy is one of the main attractions of this ancient game!

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Question, how does a new Map you've never seen before, ruin the economy of the game? I can understand new items, and stupid ideas... but a map?

Really?

Are you not bored of seeing Prajna Stone Cave by now? Perhaps if something was created that was similar in concept but was new?

Eddie Strike

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 26, 2010
Euro clone and long boss spawns ftw

custom maps suck too

I'll stick with reunited if it's just 4h LR

UnseenPower

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 7, 2003
I don't know if that reply is directed at me, but in case it was, my feedback :)

LOMCN = how many active people? 100? GamePOTUSA has a lot more than 100 active players. After seeing what Mir looks like with 50 people online (reunited), I realised how many people were on gamepot. I reckon on average it would be 300 ish, so with a little guess work I'd say there are 500+ active GamePot players. I could be totally wrong of course, I often am, but I think the people on these forums really underestimate the Gamepot playerbase.

Comparing EURO to Gamepot, yeah there are additions there that Euro didn't have. My point is that private servers that offer extra content seem to always go over the top with the freakiest ideas, maps and items, thus totally ruining the game's economy. And the economy is one of the main attractions of this ancient game!

Gamepots had at least 300 active. Heck True Family guild alone had 50 members active, and the guild I am in has 20.
50/60 is not enough. I recently joined Revenge/Reunited to check both out, and BW was a shot town in Reunited and a bunch of noobs on Revenge, most from TheFirm guild and allies from Game pots lol.

In hindisght, it was actually a good server with not too many bugs compared to private ones. Of course there were some flaws that Euro surpassed it, but on the whole, I enjoyed it a lot as a Tao. Someone mentioned boss times shouldn't be 2 hours, but I think that is what makes Mir, Mir, you write your time and go and fight it out because they are fairly rare!

I do dislike GT's though, they certainly take away the community from BW, and IMO BW was thriving on Euro, especially the Stores before hand.

Oh and I was on here as a noob in 2004, my last post was then, and I came back because GP is going down. A miracle I remembered my password, but also it took 17 odd attempts LOL. The email I once used was not active either.

I am happy to be back!

wario

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 5, 2008

souls slayers has to be my fav server too low rate and best community i joined to late though :( a server like tht would be great people max lvl 53 or something and generally euro kits. who made tht server cant rememba

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
souls slayers has to be my fav server too low rate and best community i joined to late though :( a server like tht would be great people max lvl 53 or something and generally euro kits. who made tht server cant rememba

Nichola and her boyfriend did, but it went down because he started @making items for himself, so she refused to host it, think they broke up =/

Was genuinely very good time I've had, fights were epic as hell as it was literally just like Euro days at 40+, so easy to balance, even though it was 2.3 files.

They had really small maps as well, so you would bump into people often and also when waiting for boss's, I think this should be incorporated into Ben's one.

BeerNMoney

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 9, 2010
SoulSlayers was a good server even tho i got banned from pking the gms playing char outside PSC :/

wario

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 5, 2008
i swear down u had a wizz tht u gave to me near the end :) and if ss was incorporated into 4h lowrate that would defo be an epic sever