EuroReborn (Custom Crystal)

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skibadee

That Vial skibadee lolol
Banned
Mar 24, 2003
Why shouldnt you be able to run up and 1 shot noobs....its part of mir lol, always has been always will be

• Haha
Reactions: Sanjian

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
He's always made it clear since he released Origin way back he makes these servers for himself to play with his mates and just opens them to public for others to play.
i dont have any mates :)
i just know the sort of server i would like to play

Skibadee

That Vial skibadee lolol
Banned
Mar 24, 2003
hope valk steals all the **** from his server and puts a proper server online with it xD

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
hope valk steals all the **** from his server and puts a proper server online with it xD
you seem really annoyed for someone who just wants to 1 hit noobs, maybe if you spent the passion youve shown here on your own server it wouldnt be so bad? :D

Reactions: zedina

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Some of the comments really do sum up this community, lol.

Im jumping on bang wagon read none of replies in depth but any form of "protection" is and will be exploited...

Its PK or No PK, cant have a middle ground no matter how well its 'balanced'

I like Sanjans work but it appears he doens't like PK and doesn't want to deter people, so is trying to punish PK'ers before they even PK!

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Im jumping on bang wagon read none of replies in depth but any form of "protection" is and will be exploited...

I like Sanjans work but it appears he doens't like PK and doesn't want to deter people, so is trying to punish PK'ers before they even PK!

for a worthing boy (used to work in worthing :)) your alright.

its not that im stopping pk, pk is fine, im stopping grief, if people dont see it as grief then feel free to play a server that doesnt protect them from higher level players who just want to disrupt your play time.. for me ive no interest in it, but i accespt its a part of the game and its fine if players want to thrash it out, there are plenty of ways to do so.

Skibadee

That Vial skibadee lolol
Banned
Mar 24, 2003
Isn't that the whole point in mir tho ? To outlevel and outstat people so you can out-kill them?

or am i missing the point? seems like your in the minority sanj, most people think your whole pk protection ridiculousness is bad ;)

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield

Don't get me wrong, I know some people don't like it and want to give feedback, that's fair.

But some comments are like reading this forum 15 years ago 😂

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
for a worthing boy (used to work in worthing :)) your alright.

its not that im stopping pk, pk is fine, im stopping grief, if people dont see it as grief then feel free to play a server that doesnt protect them from higher level players who just want to disrupt your play time.. for me ive no interest in it, but i accespt its a part of the game and its fine if players want to thrash it out, there are plenty of ways to do so.

Lived here all my life, never worked here 😅, soon to be Arundel!!, posh am i.

I can see by stopping people PK'ing, you'll encourage door blocking & lure killing. Personally if you really wanna punish griefers/pk'ers.. punished them after the deed. 1 Kill = Instant red, add a higher tax onto all pots, etc, make it run down real slowly, atleast then if somebody is out to kill they need to makesure they got the funds.

Only allow players to buy goods off NPC's and block Sales of items, heck even block dura repair, many other forms of punishment than level restriction.
Post automatically merged:

Don't get me wrong, I know some people don't like it and want to give feedback, that's fair.

But some comments are like reading this forum 15 years ago 😂

Let us all live in the past just because you're a big boy now with a wifey doesn't mean we need to be big boys :D

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Isn't that the whole point in mir tho ? To outlevel and outstat people so you can out-kill them?

or am i missing the point? seems like your in the minority sanj, most people think your whole pk protection ridiculousness is bad ;)
your missing the point that those that dont like it are more than likely the sort of player who just wants to hardcore for 2 months and stomp anyone who is in their way

that wont happen here because after 2 months ill be surprised if your past level 25.

outlevelling players is part of the game, there is no protection in a kingroom or boss rooms....

so all im doing is protecting players who just want to enjoy the grind in caves.

ive removed the ability to stand on drops for grief, ive added guild wars from the guild GUI (no longer needs to be done from an NPC) so players can war on the fly... there is nothing ive done OTHER than to protect players from higher level players while in cave floors... unless that low level player is a dick and go brown, then they have no protection.... they cant RT/DE/TT while brown... so dont go brown...

you cannot go brown in kingrooms so there no abuse there, you dont go brown in guild wars or conquests, so again no safety there.

its a system put in place that stops grief....

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I get chu you though, some of his implements will defo put off a lot of players imo.

This is the case for all servers; as no one can create a server for everyone.

You Have Mir2/Mir3/Custom
You have Low/Med/High Rate
You have custom content people love, and others hate.
You have too many classes or not enough classes.

You just have to give kudos to the people that have their vision and stick to it.
If you attempt to create a server based off of every individuals 'ideal' server setup, you will have a server no one will want to play.

Also I think i read back someone complaining about someone else doing something, someone else did?
I mean **** guys, its Mir, we are all ******* ripping the OGs off, so lets not go down that hole xD

Reactions: Pete107

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
This is the case for all servers; as no one can create a server for everyone.

You Have Mir2/Mir3/Custom
You have Low/Med/High Rate
You have custom content people love, and others hate.
You have too many classes or not enough classes.

You just have to give kudos to the people that have their vision and stick to it.
If you attempt to create a server based off of every individuals 'ideal' server setup, you will have a server no one will want to play.

Also I think i read back someone complaining about someone else doing something, someone else did?
I mean **** guys, its Mir, we are all ******* ripping the OGs off, so lets not go down that hole xD

Why you quoting me lol, i aint digging at sanj i always give him respect, it's a fact though. Subscription based play / Pk Protection is something the majority don't want it Mir xD Although im sure he's scrapped the Subscription thing for a better ingame GS.

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
On train now see many still have eyes on the banter lol, do a poll sanj just for the hell of it

Status
Not open for further replies.