EuroReborn (Custom Crystal)

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
would be better to have some sort of time limit... 10/15 minutes? no server is perfect.. you'll have a lot of pissed of Taos and Wizards...

Reactions: Belle

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
would be better to have some sort of time limit... 10/15 minutes? no server is perfect.. you'll have a lot of pissed of Taos and Wizards...
Yeah I think this sounds like a good idea.

Logged out for 15min or more = dead.
At least then a random disconnect you don't lose the pets.

Reactions: Belle and Martyn

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
^^^ This, loved how Jamie had something along the lines of this for deeper into cave disconnect so if you was deep into a cave and disconnected u had 5minutes to get back ingame and you wouldn't be kicked back to 1st floor.

Reactions: Martyn

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Hardcore just like euro hah.

The amount of times I spent ages levelling my skele to level 7 and my mum would go an use the phone... NOOOOOOOO.. Least lagging out is a rare occurrence these days :)

i had BT 2 hour disconnect when i played mir and i made a tao >.< i think i had a level 7 skele once....

i could look into the 15 minutes time period because that would be good to be honest.

i also like the sound of that pfft ill see if i can implement something like that aswell. shouldnt be too hard (he says)

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
i had BT 2 hour disconnect when i played mir and i made a tao >.< i think i had a level 7 skele once....

i could look into the 15 minutes time period because that would be good to be honest.

i also like the sound of that pfft ill see if i can implement something like that aswell. shouldnt be too hard (he says)
You could do it by adding a new property to the player. Call it disconnectTime or something. Do a time stamp when the player/char disconnects and the compare that time when they log back in.
If disconnectTime < DateTime.Now.Add(-5) then kill pets or tele out of dungeon. (The pseudo code might not be exact but you should get what i mean :p )
You could use the same property for pets and dungeons.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

2 hour? what kind of luxury was that! my mates had 1 hour d/cs and he was a tao haha!

I was one of the first people trialling fibre, 128kbs :LOL:

Last edited:

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
You could do it by adding a new property to the player. Call it disconnectTime or something. Do a time stamp when the player/char disconnects and the compare that time when they log back in.
If disconnectTime < DateTime.Now.Add(-5) then kill pets or tele out of dungeon. (The pseudo code might not be exact but you should get what i mean :p )
You could use the same property for pets and dungeons.

theres already a built in timer ill use

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Yeah I think this sounds like a good idea.

Logged out for 15min or more = dead.
At least then a random disconnect you don't lose the pets.

so started to look into this and its already coded into the files. just need to alter a setting in the setup.ini

this is now set to 10 minutes.

so now pets will save for 10 minutes after diconnect/logout, any longer than this and they will die when you next log in.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Pet parking will be needed, you know wizz's won't be logging with 5 pets now :P

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Pet parking will be needed, you know wizz's won't be logging with 5 pets now :p

pets dont last forever on my watch :) (taos pets do) but wizard pets untame.

i used to remember wizards taming pets off other wizards, just to tame them back so they gained max tame time again ^^

okay its not as short on my server as the max 2hours on euro, i think its about 6 hours at max level of skill. might be more i cant remember but its longer than euros original times

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
some really terrible ideas. i think your trying way to hard to make people try and grind. i do not see how any one would enjoy solid none stop grinding for 1-2month to not even get lvl 20 odd. i dont see were any fun would even be involved .

A wizard or taos pets being lost on log out. Is were i stopped. i love your maps and designs ect but over all in terms of interest does not appeal at all. Ive just this sec had convo with 8 others on disc all agreed would be completely boring and not worth. just my 2p great looking server tho just bad ideas.

Reactions: Insinia123

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
there are 100's of people who would hate my server.. its not for everyone.

back on topic the map reconnect is done. if you disconnect on a map that would otherwise teleport you off you have 5 minutes grace period before this kicks in.

video below was set to 10 seconds for ease of testing.

Reactions: Martyn

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
I'm pretty sure Sanjian makes servers purely as something for him to play and enjoy, anyone else who plays is just a bonus :D

Reactions: Sanjian

SilvaRoberto

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014
put a cooldown on this function or it can be used in krs to drop agro etc manipulation etc

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
put a cooldown on this function or it can be used in krs to drop agro etc manipulation etc

i cant see how doing this would actually benefit any player? lose agro okay fair enough but the mob is still in the area after you log out, then by the time youve loaded back up its going to be attacking you, if your pking for a boss you log you lose all claim and the other group/player gets the boss, you log back in yeah you could be a dick but you still cant log with 10 sec browntime unless you force quit the client.

if enough players play it and it becomes an issue its something i can address

Status
Not open for further replies.