Field maps

smoochy boys on tour

Andeh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 21, 2003
Ok, only a few maps have a field map to go with them. How would I go about adding field maps for every map, including dungeons?

acer777

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Do u mean like in a province for example when your in bichonwall you can press B and a worldmap comes up? but you want to add world maps to all your maps like caves etc?

Upvote 0

acer777

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
ye i think wat he means is that he wants to add bigmap/worldmaps to his caves not just town etc, i to am not sure how to do it but this might make the question your tryin to ask more understandable for others.

Upvote 0

Andeh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 21, 2003
yeah, thats exactly what I want to do. Just make the world map function available to every map, including dungeons. I think it would be a welcome addition to be able to see the entire floor on a dungeon, rather than just where you are.

Upvote 0

acer777

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
If your using 2.3 files then in the map editor open your map for example bichon province then goto file > save to bmp. this should make a image of the map to were u saved it. Open that map image in paint or any other program (best to do in paint easy :P) then goto resize and resize it by 25% then resize it again by 50% obv the bigger the map the bigger the image so with small maps might not need to resize as much but thats upto you. After you have resized the image open H88 then open mmap.wil in the data folder and import that new image best to add not replace or insert remember the image number when it is imported into mmap.wil. When you have done that open your SQL then open TBL_MAPINFO then go to the map you want to add the minimap to, my example was bichon province so i would look for that map then were it says FLD_MINIMAP i would put the number image from the H88 (in my files i have to add 1 to it so if the number was 99 i would put 100 in the FLD_MINIMAP not sure if this is the same for all though) then restart m2 and go ingame and see if it works. hope this helps :D

Upvote 0

Blimey

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 18, 2011
Hero Village
Would also like to know how this is done. Il have a look ina bit see if i can figure it out. Does BichonWall have the big map allready ?

Upvote 0