Five Heroes - Crystal Files

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Well not to be funny, the amount of servers bon has brought out and then had people paying for items etc etc then closing the server surely goes against lomcn standards, in my opinion this is also another way of scamming people, why pay for something when its just going to go down.....i mean come on surely thats scamming people out of there hard earned cash, and he has done this more then once

At least with P69 u know the server is going to stay live and not gonna let u waste your money if u do buy ingame etc etc

• Other: SERVER/USER PROTECTION
  • LOMCN DOES NOT WANT users which participate in DoSing/cheating/scamming

Lol....He produces good content, a good community and a good over all server with constant updates and releases. With these files, Bon and Hazuki's releases could be endless, more than before.

I'd rather THAT, than the 2 bit bellends who release a server after 10 minutes of work and throw a cash shop in.

Fact is, who cares if he makes money off it? You don't have to fking donate lol. Every item in the shop, is in the drops and if it don't drop you can buy it with Gold as well, which is piss easy to make.

He's not "Scamming" anyone, he's offering it and people take it....whose the real muppet? An idiot who offers services and makes money, or an idiot who buys thing from the said idiot?

What you're bitching about is simply a business view. You expect a server cost to come out his own pocket? Ha, your a joke and so is the world you seem to live in.

It's like saying "Oh I have this idea that can make me a millionaire....but I just won't"

You should look up the definition of Scamming, cause this is far from falling into that category...i'm guessing you have nothing but a grudge and you need to get over it....or better yet, just don't play? No one will miss you or even notice....the other 180+ of us will be ok i'm sure :)

D4N0

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2007
All creatures produce pearls at a rate of 1000 items per 1 pearl. Blackstones are by default produced once every 3 hours for the creatures that can

Not sure how to ask this?? put it down to me being away for a very ling time and not even knowing about the 2.6 / 2,8 files

Pets pick items up?
Perls?
Blackstone's?

Feel like a old man that cant use the TV remote any more :(

D4N0

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2007
Rana This server is hosted by a english team. It is currently 03:46 at a guess ben won't be up till around 7/8:00 GMT be patient

D4N0 Take a read here mate, http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?84526-Comparison-of-available-files-2014 it gives all features on each set of files currently available on LOMCN

Cheers - i need to find something to do - Smashed my work load out to jump on a play a little to find out its down!

Hmm if only there was a way to alert the server owner of any outage / down status via text :P

hunter46

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 21, 2016
hi love the server but seems to crash a lot ? and I believe its still down ? cheers

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Just a hint, when playing Nameless' Purgatory server last fall (also high rate and pretty interesting server, even if not as good as this one) and it also kept crashing, somehow Far was able to remote in and bring it online many times during times when Nameless wasn't available, I suppose Nameless gave him remote access to the server as Far has vested interest in also tracking the cause of crashes down. Maybe current server crew should, could do the same? Mind you it is just a suggestion.

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Just a hint, when playing Nameless' Purgatory server last fall (also high rate and pretty interesting server, even if not as good as this one) and it also kept crashing, somehow Far was able to remote in and bring it online many times during times when Nameless wasn't available, I suppose Nameless gave him remote access to the server as Far has vested interest in also tracking the cause of crashes down. Maybe current server crew should, could do the same? Mind you it is just a suggestion.

Yeah, because i'm going to wake up at 2AM to put a server back online ^

Bon's on ball with the crashes. We're fixing them as we find them. Theres been nothing major so far, rather just the odd feature that has a bug.

rana

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 16, 2013
Ben server every day crashed what problem... !!!!

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Yeah, because i'm going to wake up at 2AM to put a server back online ^

Bon's on ball with the crashes. We're fixing them as we find them. Theres been nothing major so far, rather just the odd feature that has a bug.

Indeed I wouldn't impose on you. But if on your own you did that, nobody would say no :cat:

I recall you mentioning if someone would put a server online with the new v1.1.3.0 files for testing new features... isn't server like this doing all you wanted and more? But you might have had in mind explicit test of new features, pple playing this server might not care or know which features were added with your latest work and so not test it as you might imagine testing on a server put up only for test purpose?

I have a question about those pets talked about on previous page here, the gs sells not pets but pet 'eggs' - that means you actually do buy a pet, like the egg you buy is meant to hatch? I am asking since that's a lot of dough to lay out without clear outcome LOL
Its the same with those 'leveling' areas, they are not exactly cheap, especially higher level ones and I for one would like some idea what I am buying into, not lay out several mills only to find out I can't budge the mobs there if you get what I mean.

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Indeed I wouldn't impose on you. But if on your own you did that, nobody would say no :cat:

I recall you mentioning if someone would put a server online with the new v1.1.3.0 files for testing new features... isn't server like this doing all you wanted and more? But you might have had in mind explicit test of new features, pple playing this server might not care or know which features were added with your latest work and so not test it as you might imagine testing on a server put up only for test purpose?

It is, and i'm helping Bon fix any crashes. I'm not involved in the server in any way, nor do i have access to the source or the server its being run on. The idea of helping support a server was back when there were a team of 5 working on the project. Now theres only me.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
It is, and i'm helping Bon fix any crashes. I'm not involved in the server in any way, nor do i have access to the source or the server its being run on. The idea of helping support a server was back when there were a team of 5 working on the project. Now theres only me.

These hoes ain't loyal

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
mostly code in the official source. A lot have been linked to archer skills - simply because no other server has tested them before. They're all minor issues, all which unfortunately can only be found through people using them.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I bought a pet (with game gold, not cash) and I want my gold back, nobody told me it would collect into my own bag (I know the options but there is no provision to exclude pots or include books, that's f poor choice, and above all I thought it would have "its own f bag" not stuff it into my bag !!

for the gold it costs on this server, thats a scam, I don't want it, I can't afford such poor help in game on rl, give me my gold back, it is too expensive, I lost all gold I made so far buying it, I'd never have bought it for that much if it was anywhere written (wiki for example) how it works, as it is, it is a scam for unaware, it upsets me to the point to want to leave the server, you even have to press buttons and point mouse to have it pick up, I might as well collect stuff myself like I did up to now :grey: :'(

its your call, since it is just game gold, I don't see why you should hold back if you want to be fair.

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
@Playboy - if thats how you feel, dont play. Honestly I dont care, in all honesty id rather people like you DIDNT play, your attitude stinks and isnt wanted.

@Crash related posts
Yes we have quite a few crashes at the moment, but we KNEW this would happen, its the first c# files having 150-200 users and using all 5 classes.. of course there will be bugs. I cannot thank Far Jamie TD enough for helping us fix these crashes. I think/hope Far is adding all these fixes to the public source to help strengthen and improve them, id love to see more servers coming online with c# (proper ones anyone, not half arsed euro clones).

@Game speed + lifespan
Yes the server is fast moving, its a HIGH RATE... this is what keeps all my servers FUN because every day you log off knowing you have gained something, be it a few levels, a nice item.. whatever. It doesnt get stale. As long as the updates and patchs keep coming, you will keep enjoying the game. I'm not going to write a long post defending my track record with servers, I ran a string of servers for 6-7 years, if that's not "stability" then I dont know what is. Yes this may have been over 3 servers but tahts because I like to release new projects to keep it FUN.. tahts what mir is about.

@hazuki - is that post directed at me / Five Heroes?.......I think I'll wait for your reply before I go into a post...

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
@Playboy - if thats how you feel, dont play. Honestly I dont care, in all honesty id rather people like you DIDNT play, your attitude stinks and isnt wanted.

@Crash related posts
Yes we have quite a few crashes at the moment, but we KNEW this would happen, its the first c# files having 150-200 users and using all 5 classes.. of course there will be bugs. I cannot thank Far Jamie TD enough for helping us fix these crashes. I think/hope Far is adding all these fixes to the public source to help strengthen and improve them, id love to see more servers coming online with c# (proper ones anyone, not half arsed euro clones).

@Game speed + lifespan
Yes the server is fast moving, its a HIGH RATE... this is what keeps all my servers FUN because every day you log off knowing you have gained something, be it a few levels, a nice item.. whatever. It doesnt get stale. As long as the updates and patchs keep coming, you will keep enjoying the game. I'm not going to write a long post defending my track record with servers, I ran a string of servers for 6-7 years, if that's not "stability" then I dont know what is. Yes this may have been over 3 servers but tahts because I like to release new projects to keep it FUN.. tahts what mir is about.

@hazuki - is that post directed at me / Five Heroes?.......I think I'll wait for your reply before I go into a post...

I believe it was directed at whoever was attacking your server.

Sam

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
I bought a pet (with game gold, not cash) and I want my gold back, nobody told me it would collect into my own bag (I know the options but there is no provision to exclude pots or include books, that's f poor choice, and above all I thought it would have "its own f bag" not stuff it into my bag !!

for the gold it costs on this server, thats a scam, I don't want it, I can't afford such poor help in game on rl, give me my gold back, it is too expensive, I lost all gold I made so far buying it, I'd never have bought it for that much if it was anywhere written (wiki for example) how it works, as it is, it is a scam for unaware, it upsets me to the point to want to leave the server, you even have to press buttons and point mouse to have it pick up, I might as well collect stuff myself like I did up to now :grey: :'(

its your call, since it is just game gold, I don't see why you should hold back if you want to be fair.

hey, don't blame my epic wiki. Pets are awesome. Especially on this server when all items are grade based. Plus they're pretty to look at, and even talk to you if you're nice to them.

Just think, you're on a solo hunt, with your pet, and you're feeling a little down (All your friends have gone down the pub without you) but you've got your pet, following you around, keeping you company, asking to be fed.

You can't put a price on that

Status
Not open for further replies.