Forged Phoenix Server

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

beer

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 18, 2004
stop playing slayzone and make the server then lol.

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff
Work has resumed! Here's a little teaser of what I'm working on at the moment.

Raw.png

rawapp.png

---------- Post Merged at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Images52.jpg

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff
The problem I'm having at the moment is that the internet I'm on at the moment isn't reliable enough to put it up, even temporarily. As it isn't the fastest of connections and when I play games I get really bad ping, so I'd imagine hosting a server from it wouldn't be worth it. I want people to experience a stable server, not some laggy some run one. However I am moving back home in around two weeks, where I have a much much better connection and also two computers so one could be dedicated to the server, and I can work from the other one during uptime. So basically, I will 100% have a BETA up within 2-3 weeks. ( I know I have said this a couple of times, but this i actually final ). The BETA could just change into the actual server if there's no game changing bugs found, which would be ideal.

◘ On the plus side, it's just giving me more weeks on the server to get a nice balance and add a bunch of cool fun stuff for everyone. I've tried a couple of runs through the caves, and I have got a nice balance for monster strength and HP ect which has made me happy, because there's nothing worse than rushed unbalanced monsters.

One question I'd like to ask if people wouldn't mind : Are quests a large part of the gaming experience for you? And if so, is it small random quests that you find enjoyable, or ones that seem to take you on a story and tour through the game and its features (For example a main story line quest to follow)

I ask this because at the moment I have been focusing more on fresh new content, like new graphics, new items and fun random things across the server to add a bit of excitement to the game-play (For example In many caves you will encounter a 'Friendly' monster, which does not attack, but if you kill it, it gets aggrovated and spawns again, but attacking, then if you kill again it will spawn stronger and angrier, ect ect) and as a result I have not written many quests.

Any comments?

Thanks

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
The problem I'm having at the moment is that the internet I'm on at the moment isn't reliable enough to put it up, even temporarily. As it isn't the fastest of connections and when I play games I get really bad ping, so I'd imagine hosting a server from it wouldn't be worth it. I want people to experience a stable server, not some laggy some run one. However I am moving back home in around two weeks, where I have a much much better connection and also two computers so one could be dedicated to the server, and I can work from the other one during uptime. So basically, I will 100% have a BETA up within 2-3 weeks. ( I know I have said this a couple of times, but this i actually final ). The BETA could just change into the actual server if there's no game changing bugs found, which would be ideal.

◘ On the plus side, it's just giving me more weeks on the server to get a nice balance and add a bunch of cool fun stuff for everyone. I've tried a couple of runs through the caves, and I have got a nice balance for monster strength and HP ect which has made me happy, because there's nothing worse than rushed unbalanced monsters.

One question I'd like to ask if people wouldn't mind : Are quests a large part of the gaming experience for you? And if so, is it small random quests that you find enjoyable, or ones that seem to take you on a story and tour through the game and its features (For example a main story line quest to follow)

I ask this because at the moment I have been focusing more on fresh new content, like new graphics, new items and fun random things across the server to add a bit of excitement to the game-play (For example In many caves you will encounter a 'Friendly' monster, which does not attack, but if you kill it, it gets aggrovated and spawns again, but attacking, then if you kill again it will spawn stronger and angrier, ect ect) and as a result I have not written many quests.

Any comments?

Thanks

Glad to see your sticking with it m8! do wait for me to come back from my honeymoon before you open it tho ;p haha
I would say though since youve already done so much testing yourself, i would rather you did like a 2-3 beta test and then a clean wipe with a live date, if thats what players want?
tbh with the quest side of things i do much prefer random quests based on level rather than a continued story line, for example lets say i go and get level 20 in the first X amount of time, then go to do quests but i have to kill 10 hen, then 10 deer, then 10 raking cats etc etc
I prefer cave based quests like 'kill 100 ronin ghouls + 100 toxic ghouls' and the reward is exp + gold ( and on some quests ive done you get special items like a 3-3 stone for example)

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Looking pretty good so far!

As for your question, for me personally I find random/hidden quests (possibly even quests unique to the player) to be more fun than storyline quests.

Storyline quests work but only if they're well thought out and actually apply to your server theme. Chain quests are probably better (complete X, get given X quest) in this case because people do like continuous quests (myself included) but only if they're worth doing.

It would be nice to have a really long chain quest, with mediocre/no rewards but at the very final end a decent high-end reward to congratulate you on actually doing all the quests. As long as people feel rewarded for their time, they'll enjoy it =)

stephens_l

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 30, 2003
Nice to see you got them working. You gonna put the pokemon center in too? Lol

Last edited:

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Jesus Pokemon, ill defiantly trying just for old times sake. lol

i play with sound on low just not background music..

Please keep us updated, any eta on a tester server/client?

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff
Jesus Pokemon, ill defiantly trying just for old times sake. lol

i play with sound on low just not background music..

Please keep us updated, any eta on a tester server/client?

Yeah, basically will have a test server up in about two-three weeks.

---------- Post Merged at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:40 PM ----------

Nice to see you got them working. You gonna put the pokemon center in too? Lol

Hehe, I was thinking about it. Although I don;t want the server to be entirely Pokemon themed haha. But it would be cool!

---------- Post Merged on 04-09-2014 at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 03-09-2014 at 04:41 PM ----------

Looking pretty good so far!

As for your question, for me personally I find random/hidden quests (possibly even quests unique to the player) to be more fun than storyline quests.

Storyline quests work but only if they're well thought out and actually apply to your server theme. Chain quests are probably better (complete X, get given X quest) in this case because people do like continuous quests (myself included) but only if they're worth doing.

It would be nice to have a really long chain quest, with mediocre/no rewards but at the very final end a decent high-end reward to congratulate you on actually doing all the quests. As long as people feel rewarded for their time, they'll enjoy it =)

That's what my idea is with adding loads of little bonuses throughout the game. E.g the Pokeball idea. You've basically constantly got a chance to get cool random little things, rather than grinding for 2000 hours and getting a dragon ring in a 1/10,000 chance. But of course quests give you a feeling of purpose too. I want to make this a server so people go out and they know they will be rewarded for their time. The test period will be best for seeing how these things get implemented, so we shall see how everything works out :)

---------- Post Merged at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Glad to see your sticking with it m8! do wait for me to come back from my honeymoon before you open it tho ;p haha
I would say though since youve already done so much testing yourself, i would rather you did like a 2-3 beta test and then a clean wipe with a live date, if thats what players want?
tbh with the quest side of things i do much prefer random quests based on level rather than a continued story line, for example lets say i go and get level 20 in the first X amount of time, then go to do quests but i have to kill 10 hen, then 10 deer, then 10 raking cats etc etc
I prefer cave based quests like 'kill 100 ronin ghouls + 100 toxic ghouls' and the reward is exp + gold ( and on some quests ive done you get special items like a 3-3 stone for example)

Yeah I agree with the quests where you recieve a reward & exp. I particularly liked the fact you could repeat these types of quests in Chronicles. It made grinding seem bearable because you were working towards a goal.

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
yeh i agree with that m8 it made leveling so much less of a grind when you would get like 10% maybe from a quest at a mid level :)
ive got like 4 days off from the 16th after honeymoon so get it up then ;D haha

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff
yeh i agree with that m8 it made leveling so much less of a grind when you would get like 10% maybe from a quest at a mid level :)
ive got like 4 days off from the 16th after honeymoon so get it up then ;D haha

Will try my best by then. Should be do-able. Will keep everyone updated :)

IHaveALongName

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 8, 2012
Qatar
on what percentage would you give yourself of server completing :P ?
cant wait to try the pokemon mir !

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff
on what percentage would you give yourself of server completing :P ?
cant wait to try the pokemon mir !

It's pretty much ready for a test atm. I'm just waiting to move back home to a decent internet connection before putting on-line. Will have a test up in around a weeks time, and then I'll go from feedback as to what needs to be added, taken away ect.

Very soon :)

Thanks for the interest guys!

---------- Post Merged on 12-09-2014 at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 11-09-2014 at 02:48 PM ----------

Added some more Pokemon based features. You can now catch a Pikachu. How? I'll leave that for you to find out.
This will act the same as Pokemon, once you catch it you may summon it whenever you wish by clicking your Pokeball. And you can summon it back to your ball at command. If it faints, you will need to take it to a healer in order to summon it again. Sneak peak :

screen1.jpg

In addition, I have used Digletts as a sort of mark, to show you where you may gain access to new places as the game is based on underground tunnels and networks. Sneak peak :

screen2.jpg

---------- Post Merged on 16-09-2014 at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 12-09-2014 at 12:36 PM ----------

Hi guys. Quick update : I've been working non stop on the server for the past week or so. I've got so much to show you guys when it goes up for a test. My ETA for a test server is 20/09/2014.

Also, if you have showed interest in the server please give the facebook page a like, which will provide you with quick, more convenient updates!

https://www.facebook.com/forgedphoenix

Last edited:

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
just lmaod when i saw the diglett great idea xD looks good to not pixelated ^^

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
hopefully il be free at some point! rough time? morning?
afternoon?

---------- Post Merged on 20-09-2014 at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 19-09-2014 at 11:17 PM ----------

bud? lol

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff
Uploading the files as we speak. Looks like they're going to take a while though, then they will hopefully be mirrored also. Files are ready to go online though, sooo I'd say an ETA of 6.30 or 7pm - So long as my file upload doesn't fail!

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
Just in time for me to be busy the rest of the night >.< lol

Status
Not open for further replies.