Forged Phoenix Server

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkheartz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 27, 2012
If it would take a long time to switch the map files then i don't think that its a good idea, server looked pretty good with the pokemon theme.

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff
If it would take a long time to switch the map files then i don't think that its a good idea, server looked pretty good with the pokemon theme.

Cool thanks for the feedback. Think I'll continue to release this, then maybe at a later date slowly convert the files over. We shall see :)

Depending on how busy I'll be in Uni I think I'll aim to get the server up on the weekend.

---------- Post Merged on 03-10-2014 at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 01-10-2014 at 08:36 PM ----------

New items including masks, new potion looks, new stones. Adding loads of new items, should be ready V soon :)

Untitled.jpg

neptuneshaun

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 17, 2007
Cool thanks for the feedback. Think I'll continue to release this, then maybe at a later date slowly convert the files over. We shall see :)

Depending on how busy I'll be in Uni I think I'll aim to get the server up on the weekend.

---------- Post Merged on 03-10-2014 at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 01-10-2014 at 08:36 PM ----------

New items including masks, new potion looks, new stones. Adding loads of new items, should be ready V soon :)

View attachment 15251

A fee items from Zelda there with the Majora's Mask i see. Will be funny to see this on official server :) good work mate.

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff
My plan to get it up this weekend failed as I've had back trouble. Near impossible to work on a server while the only thing you can do is lie flat on your back :P

It seems to be getting a little better though, so I'll update you if I get anywhere tomorrow. Sorry about the long wait!

reecew

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 23, 2010
Newcastle
il be up for giving this ago tomorrow hopefully another server with a decent usercount non seem to be about.

download links please?

Last edited:

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
pfft il let you off this time. haha ;p
i did try the newest four heroes reece, it was actually quite good but i dont like the way the kit is single class based and changes every 10 ish levels =/ plus i worked 82 hours the past week so got massively behind, went from rank 5 to rank 42 so got pissed off xD

Will the exp be staying the same m8? and will there be the same starter kit? ( i think i remember a starter kit but too many late nights)

hope your back gets better bud!
before the server opens are you gunna do an updated advert with stuff that was fixed in beta, or new stuff added etc? :)

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff
pfft il let you off this time. haha ;p
i did try the newest four heroes reece, it was actually quite good but i dont like the way the kit is single class based and changes every 10 ish levels =/ plus i worked 82 hours the past week so got massively behind, went from rank 5 to rank 42 so got pissed off xD

Will the exp be staying the same m8? and will there be the same starter kit? ( i think i remember a starter kit but too many late nights)

hope your back gets better bud!
before the server opens are you gunna do an updated advert with stuff that was fixed in beta, or new stuff added etc? :)
Yeah., I'll be making a thread in the actual advertisements section, with all the extras I've added ect. Exp is the same atm but I may increase it in some areas slightly. And yeah starter kit will be the same :)

---------- Post Merged at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:07 PM ----------

this come online at some point today? :)

also hope your feeling better.

I'm going to give it a shot, been working on some stuff already but I might not get it one in time. Can only sit at the computer for small periods of time atm. Will try my best though! As I see there's quite a bit of interest :)

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff
Hi hi. It won't be up today unfortunately, but on the plus side I have got quite a lot more done to the server. I guess I could stall forever because I'll never feel like I've 100% completed it, but I'm confident that there will be enough content to keep people busy for now. I will try to put it up tomorrow, but I will be out most of the day possibly so it might not be until a bit later.

:)

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
The only thing you need to bare in mind m8 is that (unlike me nowadays >.<) people can play like 15 hours a day for 7 days so they'll blast through content like a mofo,
Just bare that in mind :) so instead of having like lots of low / med caves you could focus more on balancing the high end?

anyway its up to you you did a great on the beta look forward to playing this again (and hopefully keeping up with u fkers!) lol

Good luck with your back aswell i no its an easy fix! you could look at chiro chairs :)

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff
The only thing you need to bare in mind m8 is that (unlike me nowadays >.<) people can play like 15 hours a day for 7 days so they'll blast through content like a mofo,
Just bare that in mind :) so instead of having like lots of low / med caves you could focus more on balancing the high end?

anyway its up to you you did a great on the beta look forward to playing this again (and hopefully keeping up with u fkers!) lol

Good luck with your back aswell i no its an easy fix! you could look at chiro chairs :)

Yeah that's my main worry tbh. I've been trying to add higher end content for the past couple of weeks and I really don't know if it's high level enough as I have nobody to test it ect. I have no idea how fast people will get to say... level 40 or even 50. I'm my head I think it will take a while for them, but in reality it might just take a few days? haha. We'll see :) Thanks for the heads up.

Ah the backs getting a little better, still being a pain in the ass but I can walk around okay now. Hmmm I'll look into it, never heard of them.

helpmeplay

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
May 21, 2005
problem is some people can play 15 hours a day still every day lol, some have work and lives :P so frustrating when servers go down so fast because people geek to much :)

Prehaps instead only aim to get lvl100000 in 24hrs but making gear alot harder to obtain things on mir item wise seems far to easy now. Maybe include more items choice in caves even tho you lvl to billion in a week you still have plenty to do.

Last edited:

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff
The way I've made it is so everything is totally open world, there's no level caps but some caves are hard, some are low, some med ect. And I've actually made quite a few items, it will be easy to aquire a decent kit which gives casual players the bonus of feeling rewarded as they play, and I've made certain items really rare so you wont be them for a while (Hopefully) It's really hard to judge how rare some things will be as I have no idea of the usercount ect. But if some things seem to be dropping too regularly I'll make changed to balance it out. I hope I've got this right, but hey, we shall see. Currently just adding drops and mobs to a couple of caves and then I should be ready to upload. I'm not sure how long uploading and these drops/mobs will take though so it may be a few hours yet.

As always, the interest in my server is much appreciated, and I hope you'll all enjoy when it's up :)

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
The easiest thing to do when testing drops m8 is just to spawn 100 of the mobs on your gm character that say, drop i dunno a dragon staff or something high end and see how many spawns it takes to drop. You will always get that freak drop though i remember i played a server last year that introduced a custom ice temple and i got an item that was 1/6000 on the first day lol

With the leveling side of things there will always be that grinder who goes 10 levels ahead of everyone but some people are just like that, if you make the kit a bit harder to acquire (which will work because youl have your starter /med lvl kit) people are less likely to level without items as an insentive, so my thinking is people will just level at a steady rate while bossing :)

dunno what other peoples thoughts on that are.

Lastly with the cave side of things what i find on most servers is that theres always one cave thats simply better than the rest at drops and/or exp so it renders all others pointless, i no Todd on sacredmir had a good idea to solve this, he would have items (Med / High end items) drop from only one cave or mob, for example Oma Warrior dropped flame field on occasion and evil apes in rme dropped heaven armour for level 20's.

Just something to think about, it makes each cave have a purpose rather than becoming obselete :)

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff
Yaah I'll bare that stuff in mind thanks :)

The server is ready to go up, and I've uploaded my files BUT my port forwarding has decided to stop working. (Last time it just fixed itself) I'll try my best to get it up tonight but if not it will hopefully be tomorrow sometime if my router decides to let me port forward. What a pain in the ass 0)0

---------- Post Merged at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:04 PM ----------

In the meantime. The patch for the server is here : just extract & replace the data files, and the same with the maps. https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=596533D815535B28&id=596533D815535B28!105

And the full client is : https://www.dropbox.com/s/8sapwcvcvj9trb5/Legend of Mir - Forged Phoenix.rar?dl=0

(You will need to use the patch in order to see everything, as I am waiting on a reply from Smir who will be hosting the full client.

---------- Post Merged at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Success! Forged Phoenix is now Online. Making a server advertisements thread as we speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.