[Holley] Fresh Launcher

Join Discord

Churchill

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 9, 2011
Possible anyone can offer assistance as to where I can make a fresh launcher for making a new account on own server so when I click on "Create An Account To Play" it loads saying "Account registration for Mirthology Mir3".

I have searched through here and even gone through The one guide you will ever need and still come up with nothing.

Thanks,
Dan

Churchill

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 9, 2011
[URL=" Trying to change the name highlighted if at all possible

Okay have had it pointed out to myself by Mr Geo +1 Rep to you Sir :)

Holley.Lng1 & Holley.Lng2 both need to be opened via notepad and simply edited to the name of your choice..

Many thanks again Geo,
Dan

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yolom

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
Spain
good job, you are given very well take over the work of others. For your information, I've made this interface I from 0, that is not the lyrics to "Mirthology" everywhere.

Upvote 0

Churchill

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 9, 2011
Haven't claimed at all I made this interface, I liked the lay out and it looked very tidy so customized it slightly I do have a few other interfaces I can use if you object to me using this 1

Upvote 0

Deficall

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 15, 2009
Hello, Stealing the work of others and put your name on the interface is not right. For me it is an offense to someone else's work, plus you have not asked for anything to use it, if you please use your own interface ....

Upvote 0

Churchill

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 9, 2011
I have inboxed him and awaiting reply

also was not possible to ask as the original server owners permission as it is not posted on here and I acquired interface from another source.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mapafail

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Apr 26, 2012
Hello, Stealing the work of others and put your name on the interface is not right. For me it is an offense to someone else's work, plus you have not asked for anything to use it, if you please use your own interface ....
And if you had read what he said and I quote:
Churchill said:
Haven't claimed at all I made this interface, I liked the lay out and it looked very tidy so customized it slightly
There is nothing wrong with using other peoples work, so long as you don't claim it as your own and you give the recognition for the work if asked. We all use someone's files in one way or another and many claim them as their own, when in hindsight they are no ones other than the guys who codded them.

If people actually gave back to the community that helped them, instead of being two faced about this and that, then we would see more content in the Mir 3 section and no one would be taking work as there own.

Upvote 0

Deficall

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 15, 2009
Then I can understand that you are a complete useless heres not able to do your own work and need to steal the work of others.

Upvote 0

Churchill

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 9, 2011
I have several Interfaces that I can use, like I said I liked this interface so I customized it slightly,
I have not claimed any rights to this interface & was a little impossible to thank the maker as they clearly don't advertise on here on lomcn,
I am still awaiting a reply before I go beta as this is the interface I have uploaded,
if the maker doesn't want me to use it I won't, if he don't mind all credit will go to him in credits on log out of game.

Upvote 0

Churchill

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 9, 2011
Okay, thank you but this is the 1st time this server has ever been mentioned on here, would you like for me not to use the interface or would you like to be credited for your work?

Upvote 0

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Actually we're using Wemade's work so we can't claim it as ours. We're a small community and if we don't help eachother mir will die. Without lomcn I'd never knew how to run a server and most of you wouldn't either.

I'm working on a custom client with a lot of new stuff and I'll release my work here, for everybody. The only thing I ask are my credits. If you want to use something, do it, but don't tell you made it.

Upvote 0

Churchill

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 9, 2011
I never claimed to have made it only customized it slightly,
I have pm'd both member named in the post as tbh not here for hostile beef over an interface,
I have several I can work with but honestly did prefer the lay out of this 1

Upvote 0

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
Nothing is anybodies with these files, they have had many many hands help to get where they are, if churchill was pretending he created it then fair enough, but hes not so no problem in my eyes and shouldnt be in any1 elses, at least churchill puts in efforts to help other people in this community, unlike this new random person

Reactions: Churchill
Upvote 0

mapafail

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Apr 26, 2012
Nothing is anybodies with these files, they have had many many hands help to get where they are, if churchill was pretending he created it then fair enough, but hes not so no problem in my eyes and shouldnt be in any1 elses, at least churchill puts in efforts to help other people in this community, unlike this new random person
I totally agree, we had all this crap a couple of years ago when Xtreme Claimed the client as there own and that no one else could use it because the .dll was matched to their files (This was proven wrong). People should remember that they wouldn't be able to do what they can do, without the help of others in the first place.

If it wasn't for Kaori, you wouldn't be able to edit the files and change the interface.

If it wasn't for Demonic and the LS files and guides, you wouldn't know how to setup a server.

If it wasn't for Coly creating a fully working map editor/creator, you would still be left with the one that doesn't work.

If it wasn't for the majority of people working together to "crack" the files and give you clean sets of files, you wouldn't be able to have a server. So really anything that you do with the files, credit should go to those who have made it so that you can do the things you can. Anything that you do with them after using these files, is credit to them and not you.........

Upvote 0

Yolom

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
Spain
I am grateful to this community for all the knowledge they give us, after all I learned I am working on helping players attempt to releases and all that.
But it makes sense to give away all the work, you can give some but not all knowledge, the little details make it unique to your server, if there is a part of my task that I have not put in release is because I am in my right, but does not mean you want to share information with the rest of the community.

I feel much the attitude offensive of my fellow Deficall. But the interface is a graphic design work and ask that you put at least thanks to the creator or remove them. That's all ... Since it is so, as servers are created today: Copy and paste.

@Geordiehc: You mean I do not intend to assist or collaborate with the community?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Churchill

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 9, 2011
Taifun yes u said it right, you play it where as I don't, I GM a server so your point is invalid here, crawl back under your stone

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Bud I will credit yourself and Deficall in the Credit text for your interface, if u wish me to add your full team in the end credits I will,
I'm not here to make a server that will stay up for a few short weeks, I want this to last for a couple years at least if not more.

Upvote 0

Yolom

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
Spain
That'll have to consult with all team members.

Just in case I will not bother to talk to my lawyer, as I have understood that all the graphic design, without the permission of author can not be used. It is therefore considered an illegal act against the copyright laws.
Of course if the creator does not want the designs to be used publicly.

Upvote 0