Friendly warning to anyone who think about playing affinity server

Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
I have played since open beta, and I would like to express some concerns for anyone who wish to play this server. I will put a TL DR in the end.

As you all know, the server is pretty much offline at the moment, but most of the people don't know the real reason for that.

A few days ago when the server owner - azzi - made the recent patch, the server went offline for much more then the max 4 hours he said it would take.

The reason for that, is that he updated the crystal files to the official ones, meaning he had to do quite a lot of changes on the files in order for them to work (and because the files had some changes in the way pictures are stored, an entire client had to be downloaded).

Now normally, you would think that a responsible owner would make a test server, and make sure that he has a functioning client that can be downloaded, but azzi is not that type of person. Azzi just took down the server, and during the night he found out he had no idea what he is doing, so he had to contact thedeath (whom btw he said knows **** about the server a day before), in order to even get the server into a half working state.

The thing is, what you would normally want to do when updating the files, is to take the files you have now (and the version he had at that point was quite stable), and to put on them the patches that the official server had one by one.

Instead what he did is to take the official server and try to convert it into what he had, and in the process he forgot a lot of changes he made in order to make the server stable, which led not only to the unstable state that the server is on now, but also a lot of changes that were made during the month and a half the server is online and during the few weeks of beta, are not in the game (for example the bonuses of some sets are the ones he changed in the past).

This is not even remotely the first time Azzi has done things like that. In fact, I think 90% of the end game bosses were bugged at this point or another, which could only mean that he was lazy enough to even skip spawning one and see if it works, let alone test the drops, which ofc led to a pretty unbalanced drop files.

Now during this patch, he decided its a good idea to make a boss that drops the end game items quite often, how often? often enough so that if you killed all the bosses before this patch, you would still get less than this boss, and guess what the spawn timer is? hour or around it (probably has some random factor).

Azzi claimed that he doesnt give any special treatment for the dominant guild called MVP, and you could claim that koriban (member there also) being the mod in the subforum is not a proof, but the thing is, almost any change he made during the 2 month's I played was to benefit MVP, after he put the patch, MVP started losing some fights, so koriban complained about fd being too strong after a losing fight and of course the first priority azzi had is to nerf this spell to the ground (almost immediately). when other people complain about bugs or exlpoits or hacks he didnt bother even responding to many of them.

Also the way azzi nerf or buff stuff is just amazing, he will either nerf something to the ground or buff it to insanity, so if you thought about hunting that boss that he made, its not gonna happen, the drops are gonna be nerfed to the ground once MVP gets their end game items, and then it will drop nothing at all, just like it happened with quite a lot of other bosses.

I also cannot believe a word Azzi say. during the xmas event he claimed that if you kill tree you got small chance of spawning a boss, yet the bosses seem to be spawning just when he is online, so I researched it and apparently he couldnt make a monster give global shout when dying and to make it spawn another one (according to some people who understand far more than me in the files), which means he spawned them himself (and you could actually understand it just from the way the boss spawned and then respawned when it died to gaurds, the times between the globals and the boss respawn and everything pretty much were uneven in the 2 times it respawned), and lied to everyone

The server has quite a lot of custom clients, and azzi claim that their existance "is impossible", yet on the recent patch he actually bothered patching some of the hacks that were being used for a month and a half, and yeah if you are reading it far, your defenses did almost nothing, and the thing that probably made most of the retired people to retire is the auto patcher that has nothing to do with the defenses, and it still make people retire. By the way, if I had access to the logs I could prove some people including one guy with green name have been cheating (and no, I am not talking about thedeath, who btw was not cheating at all).

There are so many other complaints in my head about how the server ran, but really I think thats enough for anyone to understand the type of server we are dealing with.

So overall, the server is pretty much fubar right now, I would tell you not to play it, but I am not even sure if you will be able to log in the game, so whats the point.

TL DR
Azzi was lazy, so basically the files are in a state of beta at the moment.
Azzi was lying to everyone during the xmas event
The dominant guild is getting insane drops from the new boss that requires no effort of killing (para boss), and of course the drops will be nerfed to the ground once they got their items, so no one else will have them.
That guild is also getting a lot of special treatment.
Do not even bother trying to play this game.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Gotta love that all you've done is talk to TD then reported back what he's rambled to you.

Maybe you should just let people play the server and find out for themselves instead of acting like a know it all whiny bitch whos butt hurt because its not your guild gaining the advantages.

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
Gotta love that all you've done is talk to TD then reported back what he's rambled to you.

Maybe you should just let people play the server and find out for themselves instead of acting like a know it all whiny bitch whos butt hurt because its not your guild gaining the advantages.

why blame me again? lol

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005

1. we were winning until I decided its too stupid to even bother playing this server like this.
2. do you see any part of this post that is not correct and people should not be aware of?
3. the lies in the xmas event were only confirmed by td and another person, it was obvious enough for me to understand it on my own and only to confirm it with developers.

Last edited:

redaccess

LOMCN n00bie
Mar 20, 2010
I have played since open beta, and I would like to express some concerns for anyone who wish to play this server. I will put a TL DR in the end.

As you all know, the server is pretty much offline at the moment, but most of the people don't know the real reason for that.

A few days ago when the server owner - azzi - made the recent patch, the server went offline for much more then the max 4 hours he said it would take.

yea **** this **** game affinity. i will put down soon just need to see some thing.

The reason for that, is that he updated the crystal files to the official ones, meaning he had to do quite a lot of changes on the files in order for them to work (and because the files had some changes in the way pictures are stored, an entire client had to be downloaded).

Now normally, you would think that a responsible owner would make a test server, and make sure that he has a functioning client that can be downloaded, but azzi is not that type of person. Azzi just took down the server, and during the night he found out he had no idea what he is doing, so he had to contact thedeath (whom btw he said knows **** about the server a day before), in order to even get the server into a half working state.

The thing is, what you would normally want to do when updating the files, is to take the files you have now (and the version he had at that point was quite stable), and to put on them the patches that the official server had one by one.

Instead what he did is to take the official server and try to convert it into what he had, and in the process he forgot a lot of changes he made in order to make the server stable, which led not only to the unstable state that the server is on now, but also a lot of changes that were made during the month and a half the server is online and during the few weeks of beta, are not in the game (for example the bonuses of some sets are the ones he changed in the past).

This is not even remotely the first time Azzi has done things like that. In fact, I think 90% of the end game bosses were bugged at this point or another, which could only mean that he was lazy enough to even skip spawning one and see if it works, let alone test the drops, which ofc led to a pretty unbalanced drop files.

Now during this patch, he decided its a good idea to make a boss that drops the end game items quite often, how often? often enough so that if you killed all the bosses before this patch, you would still get less than this boss, and guess what the spawn timer is? hour or around it (probably has some random factor).

Azzi claimed that he doesnt give any special treatment for the dominant guild called MVP, and you could claim that koriban (member there also) being the mod in the subforum is not a proof, but the thing is, almost any change he made during the 2 month's I played was to benefit MVP, after he put the patch, MVP started losing some fights, so koriban complained about fd being too strong after a losing fight and of course the first priority azzi had is to nerf this spell to the ground (almost immediately). when other people complain about bugs or exlpoits or hacks he didnt bother even responding to many of them.

Also the way azzi nerf or buff stuff is just amazing, he will either nerf something to the ground or buff it to insanity, so if you thought about hunting that boss that he made, its not gonna happen, the drops are gonna be nerfed to the ground once MVP gets their end game items, and then it will drop nothing at all, just like it happened with quite a lot of other bosses.

I also cannot believe a word Azzi say. during the xmas event he claimed that if you kill tree you got small chance of spawning a boss, yet the bosses seem to be spawning just when he is online, so I researched it and apparently he couldnt make a monster give global shout when dying and to make it spawn another one (according to some people who understand far more than me in the files), which means he spawned them himself (and you could actually understand it just from the way the boss spawned and then respawned when it died to gaurds, the times between the globals and the boss respawn and everything pretty much were uneven in the 2 times it respawned), and lied to everyone

The server has quite a lot of custom clients, and azzi claim that their existance "is impossible", yet on the recent patch he actually bothered patching some of the hacks that were being used for a month and a half, and yeah if you are reading it far, your defenses did almost nothing, and the thing that probably made most of the retired people to retire is the auto patcher that has nothing to do with the defenses, and it still make people retire. By the way, if I had access to the logs I could prove some people including one guy with green name have been cheating (and no, I am not talking about thedeath, who btw was not cheating at all).

There are so many other complaints in my head about how the server ran, but really I think thats enough for anyone to understand the type of server we are dealing with.

So overall, the server is pretty much fubar right now, I would tell you not to play it, but I am not even sure if you will be able to log in the game, so whats the point.

TL DR
Azzi was lazy, so basically the files are in a state of beta at the moment.
Azzi was lying to everyone during the xmas event
The dominant guild is getting insane drops from the new boss that requires no effort of killing (para boss), and of course the drops will be nerfed to the ground once they got their items, so no one else will have them.
That guild is also getting a lot of special treatment.
Do not even bother trying to play this game.

yea **** this **** game affinity. i will put down soon !!!

Last edited:

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
The lack of gratitude for people's work on here is just baffling.

Fair enough he didn't follow proper procedures and cocked up, I highly doubt any of this is due to laziness, probably more of an oversight. Still, there's no reason to be so sour about it and call someone that's actually put in a fair bit of work (good or bad , its time he's dedicated for your entertainment) lazy.

I've really lost interest in Mir, it's the same old **** (and I'm not talking about the game). The community stinks, hardly anyone shares and when effort is put in, people just burn it down and deduce it to its lowest form.

You all make me sick, grow the **** up.

EDIT - Yep , Look how lazy he is... he's only gone and given out his skype to do one n one bug reporting (lazy bastard) <- Sarcasm btw

http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?93488-Skype-Contact-for-Bug-Reports

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
Azzi wasn't being lazy at all, he had compile issues and when it did compile there were issues with the client (pink screen), it isn't easy merging code with other code, I know he was up late last night trying to get the game|server back up just so you could all play, don't just assume.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I think this thread is a bit silly and as for the xmas event so what if it was auto spawned or manual? It's hardly justified calling him out as some terrible liar just for that

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
This thread and the others involving Affinity are the main reason I'm off Mir, just a bunch of pricks...

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
I just love how people don't even bother reading what I was writing and just assume azzi is a saint
Azzi wasn't being lazy at all, he had compile issues and when it did compile there were issues with the client (pink screen), it isn't easy merging code with other code, I know he was up late last night trying to get the game|server back up just so you could all play, don't just assume.

no he didnt, there are many things that are not suppose to be if that was the case, and if you just put any set in the game you would see that he basically did exactly what I wrote

I think this thread is a bit silly and as for the xmas event so what if it was auto spawned or manual? It's hardly justified calling him out as some terrible liar just for that
the thing is, people were hunting trees for days to get that boss, he gave the illusion that we could actually get that boss on our own while in reality he was just spawning this boss when MVP was on with all their members so they could gain their advantage over the rest of the server, it was pretty much event for MVP and not for the rest of the server.

The lack of gratitude for people's work on here is just baffling.

Fair enough he didn't follow proper procedures and cocked up, I highly doubt any of this is due to laziness, probably more of an oversight. Still, there's no reason to be so sour about it and call someone that's actually put in a fair bit of work (good or bad , its time he's dedicated for your entertainment) lazy.

I've really lost interest in Mir, it's the same old **** (and I'm not talking about the game). The community stinks, hardly anyone shares and when effort is put in, people just burn it down and deduce it to its lowest form.

You all make me sick, grow the **** up.

EDIT - Yep , Look how lazy he is... he's only gone and given out his skype to do one n one bug reporting (lazy bastard) <- Sarcasm btw

http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?93488-Skype-Contact-for-Bug-Reports
1. you are just assuming you are right without thinking at all, typical for this forum.
2. the skype was spread to a lot of people in the past already, it really doesnt matter when he just ignore almost everyone except MVP.
3. if he puts his hours so his friends (or himself) can gain advantage over other people, then his hours should never be appreciated by anyone, its just that someone as shortsighted as you could never understand something like that.

Ah, that old chestnut.
you are claiming we didnt? and that was with half the people not even capable of getting online.

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
I just love how people don't even bother reading what I was writing and just assume azzi is a saint

no he didnt, there are many things that are not suppose to be if that was the case, and if you just put any set in the game you would see that he basically did exactly what I wrote

the thing is, people were hunting trees for days to get that boss, he gave the illusion that we could actually get that boss on our own while in reality he was just spawning this boss when MVP was on with all their members so they could gain their advantage over the rest of the server, it was pretty much event for MVP and not for the rest of the server.

1. you are just assuming you are right without thinking at all, typical for this forum.
2. the skype was spread to a lot of people in the past already, it really doesnt matter when he just ignore almost everyone except MVP.
3. if he puts his hours so his friends (or himself) can gain advantage over other people, then his hours should never be appreciated by anyone, its just that someone as shortsighted as you could never understand something like that.

you are claiming we didnt? and that was with half the people not even capable of getting online.

I love how passionate you are about this kknd.

Its also brilliant how you say everyone is "Assuming".

Yet the entire thread all your doing is "Assuming"

I'm sorry that sometimes i get tired for staying up 3/4 days working on the server for you guys without sleep, I'm sorry that I work every single day, for this server for you guys.

I'm also very sorry that I pretty much work on my own, so yes. From time to time i do ask for help. Not being funny but if your having a problem, you get stuck. What do you do? You dont sit there for 100 hours on end going round in circles. In my situation, I ask friends if they have any knowledge, and if they do success. I can help my players get back ingame quicker.

So please, Call me lazy. Call me ****. Call me any name you would like.

Its not going to hurt me. I know im doing everything i can for my players. Just some dont appreciate it as much.

Thankyou

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton

The only way you guys could compete was by getting a filthy yank to steal our entire guildstore forcing most people in guild to quit.

And even after the fact, you still got your asses handed to you daily fighting fights where we were clearly outnumbered. You'd even PM me after every fight saying how good we were lol.

You've given up and need your excuse, it's fine we get it. Goodbye.

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005

I'm sorry that sometimes i get tired for staying up 3/4 days working on the server for you guys without sleep, I'm sorry that I work every single day, for this server for you guys.

I'm also very sorry that I pretty much work on my own, so yes. From time to time i do ask for help. Not being funny but if your having a problem, you get stuck. What do you do? You dont sit there for 100 hours on end going round in circles. In my situation, I ask friends if they have any knowledge, and if they do success. I can help my players get back ingame quicker.

Its not going to hurt me. I know im doing everything i can for my players. Just some dont appreciate it as much.

Thankyou
what do you claim is wrong here? do you claim you didnt spawn the reindeer on your own so you can give it to MVP? the fact that you work hard to get your friends advantage is nothing anyone should appreciate, that would be like appreciating some government plan to help people when in reality the ones that are getting the benefits are only the ones who have connections there.

And no people, there are no assumptions here, this is the cold truth about what you have done in the server, you made a server so you can help a bunch of people you like to gain advantages over the others.

---------- Post Merged at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:01 PM ----------

The only way you guys could compete was by getting a filthy yank to steal our entire guildstore forcing most people in guild to quit.

And even after the fact, you still got your asses handed to you daily fighting fights where we were clearly outnumbered. You'd even PM me after every fight saying how good we were lol.

You've given up and need your excuse, it's fine we get it. Goodbye.
no, we won a few fights in the para lord, you lost them, yeah you were good compared to what you had, but you still lost, in a clear open fight.

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2015
just appreciate the work azzi is doing.
it's one guy not a team.

Last edited:

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
If I chip in as one who played this for a bit, truth and faults are on both sides to this - it is nice to ask pple to be grateful for something handed out free, I actually think we are grateful by and large and those that run a server should be surely mature enough so they don't throw in towel because of some criticism. On the other hand, just because its free doesn't mean some responsibility is not owed to those who are on the freebee receiving end.

And its not even like we players are net recipients, we invest time in the server which gets wasted if the server ends premature (yes everything has to end sometimes). You could even think of it as a coin that has two sides - that is server owner contributes his effort, players contribute their time playing it, we both need each other as anybody who worked on a server and then didn't get significant players on it and closed the door, knows. One could even go as far as to say the players give the server developer the chance and opportunity to put together a server, it is assumed he enjoys it also, even if at times it gets to be more like ungrateful job and is not as enjoyable anymore.

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005

Thankyou
this is so typical of corrupted people, to completely ignore everything that is being said and just say general stuff you can copy paste from somewhere else.

you are a corrupted gm and nothing you will ever do, as long as you are such, should never be appreciated by anyone.

You don't need to thank me, your server got a few weeks maximum to live, its already lost half of its population in 2 weeks, and the only reason its even alive is because there isnt a fresh server around to replace your corrupted server. that by the way doesnt makes your server good.

There is also not a single assumption on this post, everything I wrote I explained how I understood it, how it was proven or how it can be proved, you should pay more attention to what you copy paste next time you do that..
:dejection:
in the last fight I participated, we got the boss, we killed about 5 members of MVP for each member of us that died, and it was with you varaka jungle towelist and I think pretty much your entire team, so yeah, you got owned, and that with me half sleeping during the pvp after 2 shifts in a row of 8 and pretty much work work work for a few days.

just appreciate the work azzi is doing.
it's one guy not a team.
please read the post.

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
1. we were winning until I decided its too stupid to even bother playing this server like this.
2. do you see any part of this post that is not correct and people should not be aware of?
3. the lies in the xmas event were only confirmed by td and another person, it was obvious enough for me to understand it on my own and only to confirm it with developers.

Your entire post is just one massive assumption, most of those assumptions are based on other assumptions, all of which came from the mouth of a busy body who's word you take for gospel. I'll give you a little break though, since you obviously can't think for yourself.

Since you're obviously aware that azzi has coded his own monsters, has it flown over your tiny head that the xmas event was done with monsters that Azzi added and coded himself? Much like many existing AI it is very simple to make a monster do a global shout and have a chance of spawning another mob upon its death.

Just because these monsters didn't spawn when you were online, you automatically ASSUME that they're only spawning when MVP are online.

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
Your entire post is just one massive assumption, most of those assumptions are based on other assumptions, all of which came from the mouth of a busy body who's word you take for gospel. I'll give you a little break though, since you obviously can't think for yourself.

Since you're obviously aware that azzi has coded his own monsters, has it flown over your tiny head that the xmas event was done with monsters that Azzi added and coded himself? Much like many existing AI it is very simple to make a monster do a global shout and have a chance of spawning another mob upon its death.

Just because these monsters didn't spawn when you were online, you automatically ASSUME that they're only spawning when MVP are online.
meh if your brain is not big enough to read and understand and consider the part about the vast difference of times of spawn and the rest of what I wrote, I don't even understand why do I bother talking to you, you are clearly exactly what you tried to described me as.

p.s me or someone from my guild were 24/7 online during the entire event, only those were spawned, and I would know if other would spawn, because its not that hard to scroll back the chat and see if there was a global and I always checked that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.