Futura Needs Help

Join Discord

FUTURA

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 25, 2003
DXB
Right lads, I trust your computer knowledge with my life, so any help on this dilly of a pickle would be appreciated.

A mate of mine has internet at her flat, not sure of the provider, which is beamed through a wireless router (pretty sure its belkin) to her laptop. The problem is, although her internet explorer works fine, ie she can access any webpage, her msn keeps disconnecting/not recieving/not sending messages. Again im not sure what her firewall is...any ideas?

Thanks in advance :dunce:

FUTURA

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 25, 2003
DXB
I replied to another topic (wups) and I want my thread to show on the LOMCN main page...delete this mod! :P

Senture

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 8, 2004
Heh, you live in the same town as me :mooned: . It may be possible that the WiFi signal is degrading whilst in use, take a look at see if it drops down to 1 or 2 bars. Do they have another PC that you can test web pages on? or perhaps connect the laptop by the Ethernet cable to the router. Webpage load fails are usually caused by 3 things: bad wireless signal, DNS server address is incorrect or thr ISP's DNS server is down/unstable

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
oops im reli sorry bbz i was merely testing to see if i could post and hoho i can. u may delete these now.