Global Announcements on Drops

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
So this is something I am always on the fence about; what do people feel about the global announcements when you pick up rare items so it says "playername has picked up rareitemname"?

Do people prefer it all to be hidden or do people like it enabled for some sort of transparency?

LuckyDip

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
London
i like the idea of item drops being announced when its something uber but i dont think player name as such, feel it promotes said player to be hunted by the majority who will want said item and would then make it hard for the person to enjoy there item no? especially on high user count servers

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Personally I’ve done anything over lvl40 announced from what mob dropped. Also chucked XP pots in there aswell and this works quite well imo as these are in all the mobs not just bosses and casuals will be happy to see they have a chance

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I think I like the idea of it announcing the item without mentioning the player who got it, so rather than announce on pickup, it announces when it immediately drops from a mob drop. - Could put the mob in there, to say "Dark Devil dropped a Dragon Slayer!" - but I guess then it takes some of the mystery of "where it dropped"

We shall see..! thanks for the feedback :)

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I think I like the idea of it announcing the item without mentioning the player who got it, so rather than announce on pickup, it announces when it immediately drops from a mob drop. - Could put the mob in there, to say "Dark Devil dropped a Dragon Slayer!" - but I guess then it takes some of the mystery of "where it dropped"

yeah... sometimes it's fun to lie about where you got something so that other people don't start hunting it more >_>

• Haha
Reactions: LightBringer

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda

that’s defo the easiest option for a GM as it’s just one tick in the DB box job done 👍🏻

LuckyDip

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
London
agreed having a shout saying the item dropped without player name or mob name would be best, although if the rate of drops is low may be abit better to let others have a few runs at it to increase chances

Taurus

LOMCN Member
Jun 25, 2020
So this is something I am always on the fence about; what do people feel about the global announcements when you pick up rare items so it says "playername has picked up rareitemname"?

Do people prefer it all to be hidden or do people like it enabled for some sort of transparency?
i like announ when pick some thing rare