Got bored so starting making some mir 3 maps lol

smoochy boys on tour

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
This is my first attempt at making a mir 3 map from scratch. It's far from finished, just wondered what people think so far?

New Map - So far3.JPG

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Shouldn't this be in the map section? I don't know anything about Mir3 maps so I can't comment...but the snow looks nice :)

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
I don't think we have a map section for mir 3 as no-one really makes maps for mir 3 lol. Didnt think it was appropriate to post in mir 2 map section so figured I would post it here lol.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Ah. Well it's called the Mir Map Section not the Mir 2 Map Section so I don't see a problem with it : p

Why does nobody make them?

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Looks nice, keep at it for a nice festive map for the Christmas holidays coming up! :)

Moved to releases, didn't know where else to put it but I thought it should be in the Mir 3 section; i'd request a map section but as you say not many people make them I don't see there's much point!

Last edited:

checkra1n

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 30, 2006
Why you are bored .... & what happen to you server which was ment to be live in few days ?

I assume server will not come online lol ?

PS: nice map by the way

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
I dunno, I guess not many people are really botherd with making new things for mir 3. Its a shame really as we have a pretty decent tool to make maps thanks to Coly.

Yeah the idea is that it will be a xmas event map :)

@QU33N
Well I'm having some issues with ports still. Tried everything I can think of to open them, only thing left to do is try a fresh install of windows to see if that fixes it. For the moment though I'm just working on some things for the server before I try a fresh install. I haven't given up on it, just taking a break before it drives me mad lol.

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
Thanks but as I said it is far from finished. Just getting the diff buildings I want on the map before I do anything else with it for now. I'm thinking about adding a waterfall that flows off into a river to effectively divide the map into 2 parts, the first part being ice, the second being more like MoonRiverAbyss ;) The idea is primarily to use it as a xmas event map, but after xmas I'm thinking of using it as a map to link ice/moon river maps :)

The first side of the map (ice) will have a frostdungeon type cave accessible from the big building (same as frostdungeon) and a door back to the snow maps. The second half of the map will link to one of the MoonRiveAbyss caves, and will have a door to the first moonriver map :)

Last edited:

twisterdmk

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2009
USA
I dunno, I guess not many people are really botherd with making new things for mir 3. Its a shame really as we have a pretty decent tool to make maps thanks to Coly.

Yeah the idea is that it will be a xmas event map :)

@QU33N
Well I'm having some issues with ports still. Tried everything I can think of to open them, only thing left to do is try a fresh install of windows to see if that fixes it. For the moment though I'm just working on some things for the server before I try a fresh install. I haven't given up on it, just taking a break before it drives me mad lol.

Map looks good m8, could use for a fresh Christmas map. If you need help with ports or just running into trouble give me a shout via msn.
Good luck.

Gigabit

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 21, 2010
Map looks good, just remember to put in the points for no access.

Also the only reason for their not being a map section in Mir3, is duie to their never being a workable map editor.

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Very nice little map coming along there its nice to see a mir3 map in the making, we need more people to contribute to the mir3 sections :)

If your useing a port checker website to see if your ports are open, make sure your server is up so the site can see packets going to the ports, otherwise it will say they are closed, alot of people make this mistake when messing about with ports.

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
yeah have been checking the ports with the server up. Have tried everything I can think of to open the ports, fresh install of windows, new router, different av/firewall etc, still set to stealth so getting a bit annoyed with it all now.

On topic, the map was coming along nicely until it accidentally got deleted lol. Shouldn't take too long to redo it as I have screens of it so I know how it was looking although I may revise it a bit lol.

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
On topic, have started again from scratch. Still aiming for the same kinda idea just re-doing it slightly different this time. Only about 10% complete so Joe don't start with the negativity please.

Attachments

• New Map.JPG
    New Map.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 403
Last edited by a moderator:

xcoolaidx

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 7, 2009
LOL THAT LOOKS LIKE CRAP j/k nice work tbh best ive seen so far,, and for people who say it looks like crap i would like to see you create a map from scratch

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
Thanks, still a lot to do with it, but getting there slowly. should have it finished in a day or 2, gets tedious sitting here too long working on it lol

muffinpie

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 19, 2005
looks realy good m8 atleast some1 putting time into the mir3 community :)

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
cheers, i just figured it was worth seeing what i could do with maps, and release any that people like lol. if more people thought that way, we could see some new stuff pretty soon for mir 3

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
I think you just proved that gobby guy wrong, People like him are the cause of this forum never getting releases, i think people like that shud just be banned.

Also if you need some 1 else to try sort your ports out pm me your msn and ill have a look over team viewer,

On topic: The new map is very nice indeed. I look forward to see`ing more stuff like this :)