Got bored so starting making some mir 3 maps lol

Join Discord

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
Cheers :) Nice to see some positive feedback. So far I've got an area 73x41 complete, so still a lot to do to finish the whole 200x200 map lol

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
lol at deleting post but i still stand by what i said. You have objects overlying each other on right house and water.

yes am "that" gobby guy i been there done that and mir 3 aint worth the effort any more i have a full set of files ready to go up on a host pc but for the time i put in to get a user count of 10 aint worth carrying really untill we get a GOOD map edit or source codes :(

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
You have objects overlying each other on right house and water.

Maybe that was my intention, after all I wanted it to appear as if the building was close to the edge of the cliff. Why do you think the editor allows you to set front and back objects? lol whole idea is so that you can overlay objects to give a 3d angle on things.

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Maybe that was my intention, after all I wanted it to appear as if the building was close to the edge of the cliff. Why do you think the editor allows you to set front and back objects? lol whole idea is so that you can overlay objects to give a 3d angle on things.

........ see i try to help and u get all big and mighty..................... Look at the house ffs the bottom right of the house overlays the cliff object not the fact that the roof over see's it thats fine and way its ment to be. like i said u make it out like i dont know what am doing theres not many left on here who know the files better

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
ermm?
what zordon said didnt give me the impression that he was being "big and mighty"... but hey atleast hes making the efford to attempt to make new maps, lets see yours?

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Spam deleted. Anybody who takes this off topic again will receive infractions. Its getting silly now.

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
Hopefully have this finished once my new graphics card arrives, as long as the editor works with the new one lol.

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany
..untill we get a GOOD map edit :(
o.O what is wrong with my Map Editor for Mir3 ?????

Hopefully have this finished once my new graphics card arrives, as long as the editor works with the new one lol.
I know ^^ the big problem is that you need good hardware for the IlluMapEditor.
Good to see that someone works on a first public Map. ;-)

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
yeah so I've found. The old grpahics card I was using is around 5 years old, so it does work with older hardware lol. It is a bit slow at times, usually on bigger maps once you have a lot of tiles/objects placed I find.

Anyway, this is the last screen I did before the old graphics card blew up on me lol. It's about 40% done in this screen, roughly a 75x100 area with tiles/objects placed. What do people think so far?

Attachments

• New map approx 25% done.JPG
    New map approx 25% done.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 259

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany
not much just find all editors slow and buggy. like spending 30 mins on the map not saving then undo wont work :(

Slow ? Only if you have bad or very old Hardware and or use WIL / WIX as Image Libs...
Undo wont work ? yes I know, is not a final Version and on my Editor it is allready fixed. (If I have some time I look if I fix it in the Mir3 Version)

The Main Point is, no one have made a Editor for Mir3 without me... I know it is not the Best 100% Tool , but it is free and do all you need for Mir3 Maps.

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
Slow ? Only if you have bad or very old Hardware and or use WIL / WIX as Image Libs...

So you can use the iil/iix files with the editor? Do they load faster then? I have some files in iil/iix format and some in wil/wix. Haven't tried using any iil/iix files for the maps yet so wouldn't have seen if their is a difference in loading times at the mo.

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany
Loading Image I mean... The WIL/ WIX need to Encrypt before can by paint...
Ahmm in round 15 - 30 min I post a new Editor with :
- Redo/Undo (only for One Click Operation [Edit / Delete])
- RenderOpt Sys that have more power if you zoom to 75% 50% 12% 6% 3% and edit in this mode. (you can test it, some Graka can't work with this option) (save the state in the ini file)
- Show / Hide FPS Checkbox (save the state in the ini file)
- Arrow Buttons works now to move the map
- ScreenShot Options (you can set the size and export file)
- Menue Fix and Redesign

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
Started this again after the problems with it saving with mapeditor v6.6. Only a fairly small part done so far (about 80x130 of the full 500x500). What would people like to see on the map?

Attachments

• New Map.JPG
    New Map.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 235

budyniowski

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 16, 2007
Warsaw, Poland
I like your map, U can add some caves maby? keep it progress :)

caves like:
cave1j.jpg

cave2.jpg

Last edited:

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
The FD type building is an entrance to one dungeon, the golden building on the right is also another possible entrance to a cave. I could add some more in though easy enough.

Ashran

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 11, 2007
Palma, Mallorca
Think that the more dungeon entrances you make, the more dungeons you'll make. (Well, you make these entrances to a single cave)

It looks awesome.

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
Well the idea is that this will be a xmas event map, or possibly even a replacement for the existing snow maps (i have all the entrances needed for fd, st etc :P ) but yeah, its a massive map with lots of potential. Latest screen of the part I'm currently working on below. This is at 3.12% zoom, the map is massive lol.

EDIT:

As requested, new entrance the same as GoldenPalace and the other same as LavaTemple :)

Attachments

• New Map.JPG
    New Map.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 190
  • new entrance.JPG
    new entrance.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 184
  • new entrance2.JPG
    new entrance2.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 183
Last edited: