smoochy boys on tour

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
leagueoflegendsshopyordle_62_thumb.jpg

Riot Games uploaded a new and rather large patch to their Public Beta Environment server for League of Legends recently. What's in the patch? Why, it's a significant graphical rework that actually improves performance on low to mid-range systems. The patch doesn't end there though, as a number of smaller fixes and additions were also included in the patch.
Here's what we know has been added so far.

• The graphics overhaul focuses mostly on retexturing Summoner's Rift. The largest differences are noticeable in the ground and river areas, though the brush also looks remarkably better. The best part? Due to Riot's growing technical abilities this update actually improves performance. This has to do with how textures are stored and loaded by your system.
  • AI controlled monsters are receiving improved animations. This includes the Ancient Golem, the Lizard Elder and the big purple snake himself, Baron Nashor. And with mixed emotions they also announce the removal of the previous shopkeeper, and the inclusion of a new yordle to handle the store. He even brought his pet yonkey.
  • Ashe, the Frost Archer, has had her model entirely reworked. She also has been given new animations to fit her now more properly shaped form. Fanboys will be sad to know her torpedo bust has been nerfed. The update will dramatically change Ashe's Queen, Woad, and Freljord skins, and the Amethyst skin will finally get her purple arrows.
  • Towers will now produce a sound when they target you! The sound plays as soon as the tower calculates you as the next target, not when it fires its first shot at you. A marker also appears over the tower's head, in addition to the sound effect. Check it out in motion on Youtube.
  • New skins added! Sad Robot Amumu, Dark Flame Shyvana and Tyrant Swain (unofficial names, naturally) will all be coming... eventually. The release schedule may be up in the air, but that doesn't change how impressive they look.

New Swain looks the best ^^

yLf6xh.jpg

CyJBGh.jpg

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
Looks good, shame that Dorans leaving but hey i'll be interested to see how the overhaul looks completely. Very interested on the new hero aswell seems he could be the next pubstomp hero considering his ult.

1PKRyan

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Nov 9, 2007
No
pfft...was trying to help...

On a smaller note

i think the game looks kool . id like to play but very busy ...

Lol, was the Funniest thread i seen for a while :P

Everyone playing on ere? Not many new threads on LOMCN in general for a while. :(

Last edited:

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
I be buying the Swain skin, looks so sick in game. I think all of these are going to be Legendary btw as they all look completely different and have different particle effects.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
There's a video of it all somewhere.

She looks different in each new skin + normal skin. Arrows are proper ice, ult arrow looks cooler etc.

Amethyst Ashe skin is Purple arrows though ^^ looks epic (volley, ult included)

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
[video=youtube;1sVapQ3Hb6o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1sVapQ3Hb6o[/video]

Ashe does look better it's nice to know they go back to the old characters and bring them up to date.

Not really sure about losing f2p champs in ranked though...like he said "ranked is for playing with champs you know well not playing someone for the first time" well I play MF all the time and I'm badass with her but I haven't bought her yet (cos she's f2p so often)

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Trust me, it will do more good than bad. There's nothing worse than having a guy in Ranked "test" a new champ. It's ****ing annoying. Why test a champ in ranked, honestly.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
cos they are trolls and trolls will still troll

Trolls will now have to unlock more champs if they even want to play Ranked, though :) There's a requirement. So instead of insta-trolling at level 30, they have to work and at least play games to earn IP, to start trolling. Hopefully this puts some of them off.

Granted, it won't, but I prefer people playing champs they actually OWN in my Ranked games, as statistics say they're more likely to do better with that champ.