Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2008

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
its true though. laptops arnt designed for gaming. apart from not being able to have a decent graphics card in them, their cooling must be shocking when u play something like crysis.

Floyd

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 2, 2004
True enough, fans are the problem. Mine sounds like it's going to die when I play mir lol

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Aren't they called Notebooks now and shouldn't actually be used on your lap as the heat generated from them can damage your "bits"?

But yeah I have to agree with the majority of people here and say Laptops aren't very good for games of this generation. (Stuff like Crysis as Farphit mentioned)

mapadale

Aren't they called Notebooks now and shouldn't actually be used on your lap as the heat generated from them can damage your "bits"?

But yeah I have to agree with the majority of people here and say Laptops aren't very good for games of this generation. (Stuff like Crysis as Farphit mentioned)
Yes currys got sued a few years back, cause someone bought a "laptop" and burnt there legs from it. They sued DSG under under incorrect information supplied, thats when it was changed to match the US and call them notebooks.

Oh and I can't play RA3 on mine ether, so it's pants lol

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Dunno how anyone can burn their legs, it starts to get moderately warm-medium hot you take it off for sure? :/

It's like the fact if you put a frog in hot water it will jump out but if you put it in cold water and warm it up it wont realise. (Heard it in a stand-up: they said "This proves that scientists have too much time on their hands :P")

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Dunno how anyone can burn their legs, it starts to get moderately warm-medium hot you take it off for sure? :/

It's like the fact if you put a frog in hot water it will jump out but if you put it in cold water and warm it up it wont realise. (Heard it in a stand-up: they said "This proves that scientists have too much time on their hands :P")

One shall go on a hunt for a frog and test this.

Sounds fun.

On topic/ :(

Yeah as mentioned above, laptops arnt really made for gaming apart from those Alienware ones Ive heard.

Desktops . Laptops.

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Yes, get in. One of the first posts Prai has made which has been correct.

Jokes, All my posts are correct.

Jokes.

Not.

:0

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Rofl, I'd still have an Alienware Notebook.

Even just for my collegework, how sexy would that be.

I'd turn up in college with it and peeps be like "omagad dewd u r pr0"