help needed

smoochy boys on tour

Myth

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 1, 2006
Accrington
hi every client i download i double click the exe and it reads: windows cannot access the specified device,path, or file . you may not have the appropiate permissions to access the item can any 1 help me what wrong with it??

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Help needed.... ermm usually suggests that it might go in the help section.

Moved!!

Upvote 0

transporter

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 12, 2008
Darlington
If you are useing AVG this will happen. Uninstall it or goto options and allow it.

It`s an Anti-Virus problem anyway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

akacary2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 11, 2008
Hartlepool
I also had this problem after disabling my AV (I'm using Vista), I had to run as admin for sum strange reason (even tho I am admin lol), anyways it works fine everytime now

Upvote 0

Grinch

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 30, 2008
No this appear in 2 ocassions::ghug:
1)If u have it ZoneAlarm instaled and stoped / desinstalled...and if u have it, reinstall the ZoneAlarm, and all will work just fine!
2) This appear from 1 update from microsoft , named Maliceous ...blablabla who stop to work some exe. I encouter and me in sometime with Norton Antivirus with WinXP , but are not from about this. Surely. Are for WinXP and Vista or 7(all have XP base core) updates.
Only 1 solution u can use : use SystemRestore from Windows,to eliminate this idiot update.;)

I hope this is usefull for a lot of ppls.:tongue1:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Grinch

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 30, 2008
I dont belive you, you are surely full of viruses!! And im very surely u install the Win at every week or mayby more quickly!:tongue1::tongue1:

Upvote 0

transporter

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 12, 2008
Darlington
I don`t do anything, you don`t need an Anti-Virus if you know what you are doing. Anti-Virus programs are mainly for newbs who download crap they shouldn`t.

Upvote 0

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
I don`t do anything, you don`t need an Anti-Virus if you know what you are doing. Anti-Virus programs are mainly for newbs who download crap they shouldn`t.

But you can't trust everyone who uploads something so there for having a anti virus is a good precaution to take, i would.t say av's are for noobs either i'd say the opposite tbh :P

Upvote 0