Hidden Mist [2.3] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

FTM21

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 27, 2011
Server Owners have to: Meet demands on updates, keep playerbase happy, deal with complaints, deal with stress from server and deal with dedicated server problems or server issues.

Players of a server: Enjoy the game when they want.

I'm sorry how exactly are they anywhere near the same?

/Czeldabolg

tbh your making out that running a server is a pain in the ass yet ellmo seemed to enjoy the running of a server but could no longer do it due to commitments irl what im saying is surely these irl issues would still be there whether he is running a server or playing a server and what i have seen on this thread is positive feedback until like i said ellmo decided to go play another server instead of running this then the bad feedback is all u read now

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
tbh your making out that running a server is a pain in the ass yet ellmo seemed to enjoy the running of a server but could no longer do it due to commitments irl what im saying is surely these irl issues would still be there whether he is running a server or playing a server and what i have seen on this thread is positive feedback until like i said ellmo decided to go play another server instead of running this then the bad feedback is all u read now

You seem to have missed my point, basically when you said that him not running the server is terrible when he has time to play another. I've listed the reasons why playing a server and running a server are a lot difference i'm sure as all hell if i had irl issues i would not want to spend my time running a server aswell, ellmo made the right call. Reality comes first, running a server does not i'm sorry if that sounds wrong but that's always been my firm belief. If you have to call it a day go for it.

However you seemed to of skipped this point and thought it fair for him to pile the server ontop of irl issues, which in all due honesty is just you being selfish. Sorry.

/Czeldabolg

NoLife999

If God Only Knew!
Golden Oldie
Mar 8, 2004
leeds
you may aswell close/lock this now servers fuked some players been made gm and now most people on are lvl 500 with gm blade and like x10 paras/pros each

stonecold316

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 2, 2009
dedi company is apparently closing the server down on the 5th of january 2012 due to non payment , so start moving on guys lol

FTM21

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 27, 2011
You seem to have missed my point, basically when you said that him not running the server is terrible when he has time to play another. I've listed the reasons why playing a server and running a server are a lot difference i'm sure as all hell if i had irl issues i would not want to spend my time running a server aswell, ellmo made the right call. Reality comes first, running a server does not i'm sorry if that sounds wrong but that's always been my firm belief. If you have to call it a day go for it.

However you seemed to of skipped this point and thought it fair for him to pile the server ontop of irl issues, which in all due honesty is just you being selfish. Sorry.

/Czeldabolg

me being selfish lol how ?
and has u said if u had irl issues you wouldnt run a server and i totally agree but if i had these irl issues i also wouldnt have time to play the game im sorry its pretty apparent ellmo is your friend and me placing blame at him is rather upsetting to you and btw i dont play the server so not sure where me being selfish comes into it

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
me being selfish lol how ?
and has u said if u had irl issues you wouldnt run a server and i totally agree but if i had these irl issues i also wouldnt have time to play the game im sorry its pretty apparent ellmo is your friend and me placing blame at him is rather upsetting to you and btw i dont play the server so not sure where me being selfish comes into it

He's not a friend no, I just find it rather selfish that a player thinks that a server should still be run should someone have IRL issues if they're still able to play the game when they're completely two different roles as explained in my previous post. As I've said he stepped down and did the right thing the current server team he has however or the ones he's left in charge are what is running the server into the ground. I thought this was quite easy to interprete but apparently I was wrong.

On-Topic: When the server goes down this thread will be locked don't worry about that, thanks for the notification though i'll keep an eye on it on that date.

/Czeldabolg

stonecold316

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 2, 2009
gm logged on this morning and shut down server ..... hiddenmist R.I.P........

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
Locked as server is no longer online, if this server wishes to re-advertise PM a member of staff and we will restore your threads.

PM From Ellmo to Hidden Mist Players:

Hello, sorry to bother you via PM but I was after a small favour if you would be so kind please. I just want to apologise personally to everyone for leaving the server to a person I thought that I could trust to keep going for a while. Yes I did have real life issues, both of my parents suffered heart attacks, and I also had minor surgery to fix a problem with my neck. I figured the best thing to do was to step down and leave it to GameMaster. What I didn't realise was that he would completely neglect it and leave it to die without even having the courtesy to tell the people who had put money in his pockets and also taken the time to play the game itself that it was not going to be live. His decision, not mine.

To the people who blame me for letting it go to another person. I'm ok with that. Maybe I should have gutted it out, but in my opinion, life comes before anything else and I love my family dearly. It is also true that I had a character on Reunited when it came up, but I haven't logged on there in around 3 weeks now. I was only trying it to see if the old euro feel was really apparent. It wasn't =( In short, I apologise sincerely to everyone that played Hidden Mist and would like to thank you all for doing so.

I really did have a lot of fun working with you all. Moaners and gits alike! Please could you copy and paste this onto the close Hidden Mist discussion thread for me as I feel terrible that I didn't get the chance to reply before it was locked. Love you all, Ellmo aka Lee. x x x

/Czeldabolg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ellmo
Status
Not open for further replies.