Hidden Mist! [2.3]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

HiddenMistGM

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 27, 2011
London, UK
Hi all. Just a little thread about our upcoming server, "HiddenMist 2.3". It will be a medium / high rate server with plenty to tickle every players fancy. Hidden Mist is exciting to us as we have added a lot of stuff that we have not encountered on most 2.3 servers before. We have been working on this for a long time in order to perfect it before we release any information on it. We feel that we are now ready to tell the LOMCN community about it.

Hidden Mist 2.3

A brand new server which will contain a lot of custom kits, caves, quests, bosses and also has a few of the better features that Euro used. It will be somewhere in the middle of medium and high rate but closer to high rate with leveling being suitable for the everyday player as well as people with families, work commitment etc. There will be a new kit every 5-10 levels all with custom skins, effects and attributes.

Starting.

The starting level will be 25. An NPC can be used to give you a beginners kit as well as all the skills your class will need at that level. We have a cave designated for leveling at this level which will be easy and fast at first.

You will also find an NPC with contains information about the server, and a guide on how best to start your Hidden Mist adventure.

PVP / PK.

We have worked extensively to make all classes as balanced as we feel they should be. No class will be over powered and all have their good and bad attributes. How you choose is up to you. Each of the 3 classes, Warrior, Wizard and Taoist have been played in every thinkable environment by us in order to test how they stack up against each other and against monsters and bosses ingame.

Caves, dungeons and maps.

We have made a lot of custom caves and dungeons. From all out boss hunts to leveling caves. Each of the caves will have sub bosses and a main boss, (or maybe even a few main bosses....Or even a boss that evolves and gets periodically stronger until it defeats your entire group!).

We are proud of our mobs and bosses as they have taken a lot of time to perfect. There will ALWAYS be plenty of things to do on Hidden Mist.

We also have some caves which have multiple doors and floors each leading different routes. Get your exploring caps on!

Donations.

While we don't agree with some GM's selling entire kits, levels or items which make a certain player have a HUGE advantage over people who choose not to spend their hard earned cash, we will have a small donation system in place. Nothing overpowered will be available but there will be some small perks if you wish to help us pay our monthly costs of running Hidden Mist. We intend to keep this server up for a very long time and are confident that with the constant updates and an 24/7 active GM, that we can and will achieve this.

Estimated time of arrival.

We hope to have the server fully functional within 2-3 weeks. We realise there are quite few people looking for a new server to play and we hope we will get a decent user count pretty fast. We will be doing everything possible to please everyone and are 100% commited to helping players out in any way we can. We will gladly take any questions, comments and ideas into account and respond in the best fashion we are able to.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this little advert. More information about Hidden mist 2.3 will soon be implemented into this thread including downloads, patches and screenshots / videos.

See you soon.

Download links

Map
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N48J732N

Graphics
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T3V5M1FC

Data+exe
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ELEJ0VPR

Wav
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N5J2PJW0

Download the Data+exe first and it will make you a "HiddenMist" folder. Then download the Map and Graphics and put them into the folder it made.

IP - 109.70.148.110

Last edited:

HiddenMistGM

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 27, 2011
London, UK
Re: Hidden Mist!

This is the first server my partner and I have made. We are just a 2 man team and intend to keep it that way. My original character on Euro was JumpTheGun. I have played a few private servers with the same name.

/Jonny

Kani

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 8, 2007

Is there anything else unique to your server? I mean it'll be fun with just complete custom caves, teleports, possibly custom safezone... and bosses as you have stated but any thing else, LMS? how will money be used? will it be rare if its got a good use? if its rare then it pots need to be cheap

HiddenMistGM

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 27, 2011
London, UK

Is there anything else unique to your server? I mean it'll be fun with just complete custom caves, teleports, possibly custom safezone... and bosses as you have stated but any thing else, LMS? how will money be used? will it be rare if its got a good use? if its rare then it pots need to be cheap

There will be all the stuff mentioned above including a custom safe zone etc. We will have a PVP based tournament NPC in game which will enable a fight between any players that wishes to enter with a prize for the winner. We might have this every night or every other night. We are thinking of an all out Guild fighting system too, similar to LMS but with a guild rather than a solo player.

Gold isn't going to be too rare but we do intend on making it the most valuable currency so there will be plenty of things to do with your gold. Pots etc will be easily affordable as will all other general goods. We are going to have a kind of lottery system in which you can win things like, cave teleports, instant boss scrolls, orbs and a very rare chance to win something good also.

We will give a fully detailed post of all features once we have finished implementing all of them and tested them. We don't want to be one of those servers that makes false promises. If we say something, we want to be sure that we can actually do it.

Thanks for your interest, greatly obliged.

/Jonny

Last edited:

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom

Just so you know, you're thread in the main ads section hasn't been approved because it's for online servers only (not upcoming).

Anyhow good luck

HiddenMistGM

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 27, 2011
London, UK

Just so you know, you're thread in the main ads section hasn't been approved because it's for online servers only (not upcoming).

Anyhow good luck

Oh, ok I see. Thanks for letting me know, really should have read the rules. Sorry mate.

HiddenMistGM

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 27, 2011
London, UK

Why 2.3 ? Ruby files are so much better.

We decided against Ruby or Hero files as we wanted bug free files to work from. 2.3 is so clean in comparison and is just what we are used to. We know we can make a fun server using these files so it just made sense to stick with what we know.

We're working flat out on this server to make it as good as we can. I understand that 2.3 is a little outdated now but we feel it's the best for what we need.

Thank you for your opinion mate.

UltSpeed

Lena 💪
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 15, 2010
England

Sounds good!

Whats the deal on Paras and Pros ? mega rare ? =/

Also PA Slow not going to be another 1 hit slow/pa spam I win ?

HiddenMistGM

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 27, 2011
London, UK

Sounds good!

Whats the deal on Paras and Pros ? mega rare ? =/

Also PA Slow not going to be another 1 hit slow/pa spam I win ?

You'll be happy to know that both ParalysisRings and ProtectionRings are going to be extremely rare. Also the orbs which add poison and slow attributes will be very rare too and will probably be made with very low odds of success when using them on an item. We don't want a server ruined by warriors slowing and para'ing every hit.

xXxX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 9, 2005

hmmm sounds like it's gonna be quite a interesting server, will most likely be giving this ago as there is absolutely nothing else to play atm .

HiddenMistGM

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 27, 2011
London, UK

Well as mentioned above, we have given an ETA of roughly 2-3 weeks. We hope to have the server fully functional by then or sooner.

Last edited:

UltSpeed

Lena 💪
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 15, 2010
England

You'll be happy to know that both ParalysisRings and ProtectionRings are going to be extremely rare. Also the orbs which add poison and slow attributes will be very rare too and will probably be made with very low odds of success when using them on an item. We don't want a server ruined by warriors slowing and para'ing every hit.

Sounds better then I thought, if you need anyone to test give me a shout.

HiddenMistGM

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 27, 2011
London, UK

Thanks mate, I will keep that in mind.

We have added a lot more caves, mobs and bosses now. Working on some more maps and then sorting the quest system out. I will keep updating as we progress.

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom

Starting.

The starting level will be 25. An NPC can be used to give you a beginners kit as well as all the skills your class will need at that level.

You could just do this by having the player start with the gear / books etc, rather than a starter npc.

good luck with the server though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.