Hidden Mist! [2.3]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kani

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 8, 2007
Just a hint..you need to make sure you have alot of leveling places - some equal some better than each other, say 10 +?

These leveling places can't be really ****e either like 20 mobs in a whole cave..spawns need to be good for it players to have fun leveling there, also the boss drops should drop good if they are hard enough to kill or take ages to get to, and i don't mean a rare everytime, if the boss is hard enough that it takes 5 people to kill it then yea it should drop something atleast 1/2 because people will get bored hunting bosses that drop nothing - this also means quite alot of different items with different stats so kits arn't always set kits, it's good to see people wearing different items that don't match up ;P

Also what are tao pets like on here? Are they crap? Any to tank a boss? or what

Could you limit guilds to 5-10 people? Get's rather boring when everyone is in the same guild and the server becomes a carebear infestation.

How rare are paras, pros, tele rings, clear rings?

P.S. any indication that it will be up before friday?

HiddenMistGM

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 27, 2011
London, UK
Just a hint..you need to make sure you have alot of leveling places - some equal some better than each other, say 10 +?

These leveling places can't be really ****e either like 20 mobs in a whole cave..spawns need to be good for it players to have fun leveling there, also the boss drops should drop good if they are hard enough to kill or take ages to get to, and i don't mean a rare everytime, if the boss is hard enough that it takes 5 people to kill it then yea it should drop something atleast 1/2 because people will get bored hunting bosses that drop nothing - this also means quite alot of different items with different stats so kits arn't always set kits, it's good to see people wearing different items that don't match up ;P

Could you limit guilds to 5-10 people? Get's rather boring when everyone is in the same guild and the server becomes a carebear infestation.

We have a lot of good leveling caves, both solo and group. Also bosses will have decent drop rates with relevance to how hard they are to kill or get to.

When it comes to Taoist's pets, we have the normal Deva and have ditched Shinsu which has been replaced with a small area mass attacking pet to help Tao's level.

We're not sure about a guild number cap to be honest. We'll discuss this in detail and come to a decision.

All of the "special" rings are going to be rare, especially the TeleportRing as that will work on any map on the server!

I can't give an exact date that the server will be live as I wouldn't want to make any false promises. It's not far off now, just making sure we have located any issues that need attention before they cause a problem.

ETA = 5-7 days hopefully.

WhoMeYou

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
TOWIE!

Agree'd with this chap.
Kani you and Booth coming to play this>? If so cya on there "Xpod" X

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

Agree'd with this chap.
Kani you and Booth coming to play this>? If so cya on there "Xpod" X

sweetfa

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 30, 2003
UK
Last few servers we have been on even a lvl 7 skell seems to walk so slowly its like it has constant 2step i dont know if its down to the files or just the way the server has them set. Do they move as normal on here? (i know it seems a bit trivial but its a question all the same)

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
Last few servers we have been on even a lvl 7 skell seems to walk so slowly its like it has constant 2step i dont know if its down to the files or just the way the server has them set. Do they move as normal on here? (i know it seems a bit trivial but its a question all the same)

Its mostly because most server runners are retarded. Its a simple change of the walk speed in monsterdb and sorted.

I have to say many peoples standards have dropped if they are excited about this server.
I see nothing new or exciting to draw me to play. But beggars can't be choosers.
Im sure it'll do just fine though, considering the state of mir servers nowadays.

HiddenMistGM

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 27, 2011
London, UK
Its mostly because most server runners are retarded. Its a simple change of the walk speed in monsterdb and sorted.

I have to say many peoples standards have dropped if they are excited about this server.
I see nothing new or exciting to draw me to play. But beggars can't be choosers.
Im sure it'll do just fine though, considering the state of mir servers nowadays.

It's 2.3, what do you expect to see that's "new and exciting"?

We're doing our best to make it as original as it can be. Like I have said previously, it's a 2.3 server so we're limited but who says a 2.3 server can't be great fun to play? You should never judge a book by it's cover :)

triple x

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2007

ur simply a retard tbh meight.. on topic stil cant wait for this tbh .. eta still a week or longer

Kani

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 8, 2007
he said he doesn't wanna put hopes up but he is nearing completion of the server - finalizing stuff but he said 5-7 days to be safe, could be earlier could be later

Connord1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2011
MiddlesBrough
server looks quite impressive atm the kits are nice ect hopefully you can keep the work up and get it live and keep it live not like eny other server goodluck lee and all the GM'S

Reactions: HiddenMistGM

triple x

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2007

M8 UR SIMPLY A FKIN RETARD ... bosses that drop great and cap on guilds like 10 players ... u really are thick as fk...

bubbles72

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 21, 2009
manchester UK
i for one will be playin this server have to say dont agree with a cap on guild members 5-10 lol got about 20 ppl in my guild who wanna stay in my guild on this server....plus when u play servers with a set of certain ppl and u all follow each other to another server u wanna be with ur mates etc.............so pls no limit off 5 - 10 ppl.....

certain ppl donate and think that donate=allowed to cheat so how the hell is 5 members gonna be able to fight for sabuk with them when they tweek there pc and use hacks.................

flamer91

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 5, 2006
enfield
i for one will be playin this server have to say dont agree with a cap on guild members 5-10 lol got about 20 ppl in my guild who wanna stay in my guild on this server....plus when u play servers with a set of certain ppl and u all follow each other to another server u wanna be with ur mates etc.............so pls no limit off 5 - 10 ppl.....

certain ppl donate and think that donate=allowed to cheat so how the hell is 5 members gonna be able to fight for sabuk with them when they tweek there pc and use hacks.................
Agree with this tbh... guild caps would be so stupid if you add it...

sweetfa

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 30, 2003
UK
hiya im the toast master :DDD

*sniffs* mmm can u smell burnt toast?..... quick grab mums coat cos that will put the flames out!!!!...... oh crap now thats on fire..... i know there is a petrol can full of a liquidy substance here if its wet that will surely put it out....

guild size limit is a bad idea in my opinion it could potentialy ruin a good server to the extent a lot of friends or just general players would not play.

HiddenMistGM

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 27, 2011
London, UK

A guild member cap is not something we originally planned to implement into Hidden Mist anyway, the only thing that would make me consider it is if we have 1 big guild in game. Hope fully with enough users this won't be a problem at all though.

On the cheating subject, we are going to have a zero tolerance attitude towards it. Anyone caught clearly cheating will be permanently banned on the spot. I can't stand cheaters so I will be very strict on the matter.

Currently working on a few more quests, tweaking spawns a little bit and making sure stats are 100% balanced. Not long now guys and girls.

Hidden Mist team.

PS. Just want to say a huge thank you for all of your interest and positive, (and negative) feedback. We value any kind of feedback greatly because at the end of the day, the people playing are what matters.

Last edited:

Jadelina

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 22, 2011
M8 UR SIMPLY A FKIN RETARD ... bosses that drop great and cap on guilds like 10 players ... u really are thick as fk...

what an intellectually challenged reply.

everyones entitled to opinions and with regards to a guild cap, those who play to PK and are good at it encourage guild cap and those who dont like PK or suck at it and want to win fights with numbers do not. thats not to say people dont have other reasons for or against im just generalising.

personally im on the bench, i dont like a massive guild dominating a server, its boring. but also like to have members online at all times to hunt with.

boothy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 23, 2007

Wow seriously, calm down it was a suggestion. I personally would prefer a cap on some level to prevent having one massive guild on the server, but as the GM said I guess they can wait and see how it all plays out first.

Status
Not open for further replies.