Hidden Mist! [2.3]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stridey123

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 20, 2010
Can i ask what your going to be hosting this off? sounds like the usercount's going to be pretty high, maybe its a good idea to purchase a dedi right from the start? Just a thought =]

looking forward to launch date.

HiddenMistGM

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 27, 2011
London, UK
Can i ask what your going to be hosting this off? sounds like the usercount's going to be pretty high, maybe its a good idea to purchase a dedi right from the start? Just a thought =]

looking forward to launch date.

Well at the moment, a friend of mine is kindly letting me use his spare PC to host from, (it's a bit of a beast!). But yes the plan is to rent a really good spec dedicated machine as soon as the funding is available. I can pay for one out of my own pocket but not until payday, (23rd of this month).

We have had the server up with around 10 people on though with no lag at all, so we can try and see how it works. If it runs ok, maybe we can receive some small donations to help pay for a dedi before the 23rd. His PC is better than the average £40-50 monthly dedi machine though by a fair way so it should be ok for the first week or so.

Connord1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2011
MiddlesBrough
looking at the fourms im thinking you should have 50+ players in a day on your server. Take your time tbh with you and get the best possible server out because some of them only last for a week or so but deffo's looking forward to play this because of the group bosses which hasn't been around for quite along time but seriously i know this will be fun good luck and keep up the hard work x

triple x

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2007
Not

Going

To

Happen.

There are going to be cheaters, there are going to be speedy tweakers. It is near impossible to tell the difference and there is no protection against it on 2.3 - the only thing you can rely on is GM's enforcement. If GM says anyone "tweaking" or over X speed will be banned then maybe people will de-tweak / not cheat for once... but then they'd lose some users as they may not want to de-cheat/tweak as they like having a stupidly unfair advantage over others.

I really hope it doesn't turn into a 4H/3H situation. As long as GM keeps a strong and constant viewpoint on speed, should be fine.

trust me the gm of this server wont tolerate cheats and will get rid of em....

any eta on server? week or so ? no worries tbh it be worth the wait

Shank

The_Mafia
VIP
Dec 4, 2008
@Kori

Will you play or stay on Supreme?
getting worried he might leave alex's poor little server? lol dont worry it will prob have same usercount as this :) supreme prob best out there atm other than TH, but supreme doesnt seem fun to me maybe thats just how mir is on a whole tho now lol

Stridey123

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 20, 2010
dude why u advertising supreme on this thread? im sure supreme and its 10 usercount is just brilliant.

Dany97

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2009
Timisoara
getting worried he might leave alex's poor little server? lol dont worry it will prob have same usercount as this :) supreme prob best out there atm other than TH, but supreme doesnt seem fun to me maybe thats just how mir is on a whole tho now lol

Yeah , I'm very worried he may leave Andreas's server.

I'm not even playing it anymore.

HiddenMistGM

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 27, 2011
London, UK
Okay guys, although the content will be ready before the 23rd of this month, we are more than likely going to put the server live on that date for the following reasons.

1) We have decided we want to open the server on a dedi from day one. I can only afford the dedi payment on that day.
2) It gives us that little extra time to make the server perfect for you guys and girls.
3) The server is putting a fair bit of strain on my buddies PC as there is a lot of content.

Sorry to disappoint everyone with this little delay but we don't want to risk anyone logging on to find lag and dismiss the server before it has had a chance. I hope you guys don't mind the extra few days wait as I feel it will be better in the long run for us all.

Thanks a lot.

Hidden Mist team.

Dany97

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2009
Timisoara
Personally i think it's a good decision... It's not that bad to wait 'till the 23rd so long the server worths playing ^^

Looking forward to it.

UltSpeed

Lena 💪
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 15, 2010
England
Okay guys, although the content will be ready before the 23rd of this month, we are more than likely going to put the server live on that date for the following reasons.

1) We have decided we want to open the server on a dedi from day one. I can only afford the dedi payment on that day.
2) It gives us that little extra time to make the server perfect for you guys and girls.
3) The server is putting a fair bit of strain on my buddies PC as there is a lot of content.

Sorry to disappoint everyone with this little delay but we don't want to risk anyone logging on to find lag and dismiss the server before it has had a chance. I hope you guys don't mind the extra few days wait as I feel it will be better in the long run for us all.

Thanks a lot.

Hidden Mist team.

Fair enough cya in 11 days.

beer

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 18, 2004
if the server starts fresh on the 23rd yeah shud be ok. Dont want the 10 people that played to have headstart lol :"P

HiddenMistGM

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 27, 2011
London, UK
if the server starts fresh on the 23rd yeah shud be ok. Dont want the 10 people that played to have headstart lol :"P

Lol yes it is a fresh start matey. We just had a short "closed beta" testing stage is all. We had 10 people on just to mess about and try to find any bugs etc that we had missed.

If there is any possible way for me to get the funds together for the dedi payment before the 23rd then I will let you know via this post, but we can definitely pay for it on the 23rd if not.

Status
Not open for further replies.