Hidden Mist! [2.3]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

HiddenMistGM

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 27, 2011
London, UK
wud the skill neckis be available in drops ?

Yes we will not have anything available from the donation list that isn't going to be obtainable in game, either by quest or drops.

Maybe with the exception of some of the stat torches and upgraded pots. Not sure on that one yet.

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Retarded. Why would a non-donator prefer donators to have para's, luck necks, exp necks over USUAL items seriously?

Launch the server first so we see the actual drop rates of the **** mentioned above and care about donations at least 20days after launch

You're always so cheerful Mitsos lol. I can tell you now that Paralysis Rings etc will be very rare indeed. I personally don't agree with donation items giving advantages over normal items but the thing is, we do need some small donations to keep the server paid for. I have children and am currently unemployed. If I had the money, I would gladly pay for everything out of my own pocket but I just can't afford to buddy.

Thanks for your feedback though dude, appreciated as always.

Hidden Mist team.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

About gold you should make a box, or something like that. Should be random. 1/10 - 100k , 1/20 200k 1/50 500k ...Was just an example.

I need ideas on what gold can be used for rather than how to make gold. We have decent drop rates of gold from mobs and bosses at the moment. Just need a few more ideas on how to spend it. We are going to have an NPC with a variety of little perks which can be paid for with in game gold. I was considering a lottery but I don't like the idea of it if I am to be 100% honest.

Thanks for your suggestion mate.

PS. Sorry for double post.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Ellmo (if thats you since i read somewhere its u) i trust you know mir mechanisms more than those 12yr old kids making servers these days.

Stop trying to make it "fair" because by the looks of it you'll make donations really unbalanced. There can be tons of suggestions about what to use on donation npc but right now you are taking the wrong road m8.

You are trying to make donations non-OPed but look some of the perks that have been suggested so far:
1)2x exp. Np by me. Always exp buffs were in donations
2)Luck+5 neck. Well if its easy to get luck9 np but if its not...Its not really smart
3)Para...lol
4)Slow/pa...

Can some1 explain to me how exactly a donator with pa/slow/para and luck10 is less OPed than a donator with couple stats more due to using actual kit he bought with rl cash?

On every server i have played i had no problem getting better kit/lvl than donators and rape em but if you use the above perks then i cant see that being possible. Wont even be able to solo the same bosses with them...

Re-think about it please m8. You are seriously going to *** up loads of effort.

HiddenMistGM

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 27, 2011
London, UK
Ellmo (if thats you since i read somewhere its u) i trust you know mir mechanisms more than those 12yr old kids making servers these days.

Stop trying to make it "fair" because by the looks of it you'll make donations really unbalanced. There can be tons of suggestions about what to use on donation npc but right now you are taking the wrong road m8.

You are trying to make donations non-OPed but look some of the perks that have been suggested so far:
1)2x exp. Np by me. Always exp buffs were in donations
2)Luck+5 neck. Well if its easy to get luck9 np but if its not...Its not really smart
3)Para...lol
4)Slow/pa...

Can some1 explain to me how exactly a donator with pa/slow/para and luck10 is less OPed than a donator with couple stats more due to using actual kit he bought with rl cash?

On every server i have played i had no problem getting better kit/lvl than donators and rape em but if you use the above perks then i cant see that being possible. Wont even be able to solo the same bosses with them...

Re-think about it please m8. You are seriously going to *** up loads of effort.

You make a good point man. Maybe just selling items is the answer. Like you said, the people who actually hunt can easily have kits as good as a donator if it's only kit which is already available from mobs and bosses.

Ok, what is everyone's views on selling items in game that are available from drops?

For example, selling a Mir item to somebody.

Kani

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 8, 2007
there should be a level limit and time limit on what items u drop, u don't want a donator guild buying full mir set at lvl 20 n ownin every1 (if mir set lvls up with u)

So what I mean is they can only buy items upto lvl 30 until the average level is 30-40, maybe have boxes which give a random chance of an item of that set 50/50 for an item? but you can only buy one per week

elirea

LOMCN n00bie
Aug 15, 2011
if u are going to make gold a major part of the server, u cn always have a vendor that sells rare items at a high price, it allows for ppl to get the items even if they lvl alot on mobs insted of killing alot of bosses. just a suggestion :)

DiabloVodkaShot

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 20, 2009
Hidden you need to becarefull people don't start leading you down wrong roads with what to add you seemed to be pushed around by every 1

Stridey123

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 20, 2010
i'm personally a NON-donater, but i think your best off selling EVERY item that can be in drops (excluding special rings). That way you are garentee'd to make more money than your server will need for monthly costs, meaning if donations die down for awhile, you still have a supply of money from previous donations to keep the server running.

Most people are used to the idea of donations now, as every server has it. You usually find the people who spend ridiculous amounts of money on kits, are not good at pvp/hunting so it rarely effects the server anyway (for example CRISIS from furian server)

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
Just let the donating people donate £15 a week depends on Prices of stuff you can donate and price of how much it takes to run dedi.

Every time someone donate tell them wait another week till they can donate again or somet.

Server sound good ill give it a go.

Good luck HiddenMist Team.

-Ash

wock

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 4, 2009
i'm personally a NON-donater, but i think your best off selling EVERY item that can be in drops (excluding special rings). That way you are garentee'd to make more money than your server will need for monthly costs, meaning if donations die down for awhile, you still have a supply of money from previous donations to keep the server running.

Most people are used to the idea of donations now, as every server has it. You usually find the people who spend ridiculous amounts of money on kits, are not good at pvp/hunting so it rarely effects the server anyway (for example CRISIS from furian server)
hahahahahahaha love it just love it

Kani

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 8, 2007
dunno bout donations tbh - got a feeling they are gonna mess up the server big time

bubbles72

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 21, 2009
manchester UK
Just let the donating people donate £15 a week depends on Prices of stuff you can donate and price of how much it takes to run dedi.

Every time someone donate tell them wait another week till they can donate again or somet.

Server sound good ill give it a go.

Good luck HiddenMist Team.

-Ash

u havin a laugh £15 a week have u got a donaion list with prices..... the gm on soulsmir wanted £60 for a para ring lol
think ppl need to know the prices of items tbh.....

also whats happenin wth hiddenmist own forum do we have one yet thats up and running............

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
when i first started to read this thread i was like woooo new server soon, i might start this 1 instead of starting an older server where i would be months behind other players.

But i think the word 'donation' has been used 100+ times in this thread and im starting to wonder whether this is a buisness (similar to mir 2 usa... aka ****e server.) or a game in the eyes of the gm? (no disrepect intended btw just a question).

Ii just dont want to start playing this server only to find you can only play it properly if u donate. In my eyes donations help to keep the server up obviously as its costly to run and i have nothing against them, but ive played plently of servers where donating gives u a massive advantage over every1 else and ruins it for the normal player.
Im not gunna roll out a list of what i think you should be able to donate for and what you shouldnt because ultimately that decision lies with the gm but
PLEASE
PLEASE
PLEASE THINK how it will affect the normal players before you think of the advantages to the donater, yes you will have to make it worth while donating but it shouldnt put u massively ahead of other players.
Also remember exp boosts can be a major factor for that 1 player geeking it 24/7 (and theres always 1 player per server whose X amount ahead of the rest lol)

Just my 2 cents guys i hope you make the right decisions and the server comes up soon :)

HiddenMistGM

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 27, 2011
London, UK
when i first started to read this thread i was like woooo new server soon, i might start this 1 instead of starting an older server where i would be months behind other players.

But i think the word 'donation' has been used 100+ times in this thread and im starting to wonder whether this is a buisness (similar to mir 2 usa... aka ****e server.) or a game in the eyes of the gm? (no disrepect intended btw just a question).

Ii just dont want to start playing this server only to find you can only play it properly if u donate. In my eyes donations help to keep the server up obviously as its costly to run and i have nothing against them, but ive played plently of servers where donating gives u a massive advantage over every1 else and ruins it for the normal player.
Im not gunna roll out a list of what i think you should be able to donate for and what you shouldnt because ultimately that decision lies with the gm but
PLEASE
PLEASE
PLEASE THINK how it will affect the normal players before you think of the advantages to the donater, yes you will have to make it worth while donating but it shouldnt put u massively ahead of other players.
Also remember exp boosts can be a major factor for that 1 player geeking it 24/7 (and theres always 1 player per server whose X amount ahead of the rest lol)

Just my 2 cents guys i hope you make the right decisions and the server comes up soon :)

The reason I have mentioned donations is because I was asked about them. I don't care about making any money. Like I said, if I could afford to, I'd pay for it all out of my own pocket but I can't. We aren't going to let it ruin the server.

The dedi company have still not got back to me about the machine they are getting ready for me but I will ring them first thing tomorrow morning and find out what the crack is.

Thanks.

Kani

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 8, 2007
HiddenMistGM, earlier you said, "I can pay for one out of my own pocket but not until payday" but now you say your unemployed? You said payday is the 23rd but your getting a dedi ready now? Where do you get this money from if a) it's not your payday and 2) your unemployed?

UltSpeed

Lena 💪
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 15, 2010
England
How about some input buddy? If people aren't happy with stuff, we need to know. If these items will bother people then they won't be available. We want everyone to be happy matey.

I'm going to try this still server sounds really good, just of putting with the Slow/Pa orbs on donation.

Really don't like the idea of the EXPnecklaces deferentially not in the 1st few weeks of server going live, someone could just easily donate for the necklace and a load of exppots boom high level.

End of the day your server your call be wise though.

/Ult

wock

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 4, 2009
I'm going to try this still server sounds really good, just of putting with the Slow/Pa orbs on donation.

Really don't like the idea of the EXPnecklaces deferentially not in the 1st few weeks of server going live, someone could just easily donate for the necklace and a load of exppots boom high level.

End of the day your server your call be wise though.

/Ult

i speak from experience mate exp neckies a big no no it will ultimately ruin server
good luck with server tho mate

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Just a suggestion. Stop talking about donations. Get a nice usercount and then bother with em. At launch you wouldnt want to lose a single person due to mentioning something stupid like luck5 donation necks.

HiddenMistGM

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 27, 2011
London, UK
HiddenMistGM, earlier you said, "I can pay for one out of my own pocket but not until payday" but now you say your unemployed? You said payday is the 23rd but your getting a dedi ready now? Where do you get this money from if a) it's not your payday and 2) your unemployed?

I don't see what that has to do with anything...

Anyway, I managed to get some money together before the day that I get paid on. Is that some sort of problem?

flamer91

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 5, 2006
enfield
I don't see what that has to do with anything...

Anyway, I managed to get some money together before the day that I get paid on. Is that some sort of problem?
Ignore him mate... it has nothing to do with anything to be honest.. Your money/job situation has NOTHING to do with anyone but you so they don't need to know that tbh....

P.S. Hurry up with server :)

EDIT: What are tao pets going to like on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.