How’s the Progress?

Join Discord

Flashy

LOMCN Member
Nov 4, 2022
Just wondering the progress and how far are you to being close to a release of test/alpha or beta server
The more I look at it the more I see Myth of Soma and I’m wondering if mir1 was perhaps the prototype for Soma.
Thanks

Reactions: ventus

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Glad to see you interested,

I’m still working on the files, the server and its database is coming along but still far away from any alpha/beta testing/release.

Code work has slowed down over the last few months but database work is getting ongoing.

-All of the base Provinces/Towns/Villages/Castles are done.
-Shops and their corresponding NPCs are 90% done.
-80% of the world map has been populated with various starter monsters ranging from Chickens to Zombies.

A lot of other little things done or started also.

Few helpful links below:

Google Sheets - Where everything starts and what I work off. Updated the most.

Carbon Wiki - Self explanatory, has everything that the database/files has. Also updated a lot.

I will also try and post updates here on the forum.

Reactions: ventus and mir2pion

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
Glad to see you interested,

I’m still working on the files, the server and its database is coming along but still far away from any alpha/beta testing/release.

Code work has slowed down over the last few months but database work is getting ongoing.

-All of the base Provinces/Towns/Villages/Castles are done.
-Shops and their corresponding NPCs are 90% done.
-80% of the world map has been populated with various starter monsters ranging from Chickens to Zombies.

A lot of other little things done or started also.

Few helpful links below:

Google Sheets - Where everything starts and what I work off. Updated the most.

Carbon Wiki - Self explanatory, has everything that the database/files has. Also updated a lot.

I will also try and post updates here on the forum.
1701499434640.png

typo

• Carrot
Reactions: Jev

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
1701537404963.png
Kyle Gallner Reaction GIF by Arrow Video

• Love
Reactions: MentaL

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Done more database work today, below are some little statistics.

-200 maps currently in game with loads more to add.
-Nearly 100 NPCs
-Over 12k monsters spawning.

• Wow
Reactions: mir2pion

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Done more database work today, below are some little statistics.

-200 maps currently in game with loads more to add.
-Nearly 100 NPCs
-Over 12k monsters spawning.

How many years do you expect it to take with the user count to kill those 12,000 mobs?

<3 you.

• Haha

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
The fact that more effort has gone in to the wiki of mir 1 (a game no ones going to play after 10 minutes) than has ever gone in to the mir 2/3 wiki is really disappointing :ROFLMAO:
I agree, I have the Mir 2 wiki on my todo list once Mir 1 is out there.
Me and @Martyn found a nicer way to lay out data when I started creating the Carbon Wiki.

I want the Wiki's to be up to date and as accurate as possible to the originals (Wemade)

I've been the only one to update the Crystal Wiki in the last 2 ish years. :kekw:

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Map guide has been updated on Carbon Wiki. View it here - Carbon Map Guide

Everything should be hyperlinked for ease of use.
Note: Some maps haven't got names as of yet. (Awaiting Translation)

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
mir 1 (a game no ones going to play after 10 minutes)
As with bestseller books (or movies), nobody could predict which ones would become one :unsure:

Strong retro is the selling point here. Lets not show it all off beforehand, leave something for pple to look forward to discover by playing the game.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
As with bestseller books (or movies), nobody could predict which ones would become one :unsure:

Strong retro is the selling point here. Lets not show it all off beforehand, leave something for pple to look forward to discover by playing the game.
I mean this game has definitely got some good elements (going by the wiki). I especially like that all the maps connect together in a grid and let you go anywhere. But given that the wizard class has a total of 6 skills (and most others having only 3 skills). I really don't think people will be yearning to play for long.

The main issue is its not even nostalgic, no one played this in their childhood, so you can't even rely on the want of people needing to see high level content because they saw it when they were 12. At most you might get a hint of serotonin when you see an item or map that's named something familiar :ROFLMAO:

There's probably a reason this game wasn't revived sooner.

Even so, what @Jev is doing is commendable, and is a good record to have for people to look at.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Why do Fire Wizard and Celestial Wizard have the same spells?
They don't as far as my research goes. The Spells on the wiki are just placeholders at this moment in time.
I'm trying to take systems/chunks of content a step at a time.

Reactions: Tai

grimchamp

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 16, 2005
I mean this game has definitely got some good elements (going by the wiki). I especially like that all the maps connect together in a grid and let you go anywhere. But given that the wizard class has a total of 6 skills (and most others having only 3 skills). I really don't think people will be yearning to play for long.

The main issue is its not even nostalgic, no one played this in their childhood, so you can't even rely on the want of people needing to see high level content because they saw it when they were 12. At most you might get a hint of serotonin when you see an item or map that's named something familiar :ROFLMAO:

There's probably a reason this game wasn't revived sooner.

Even so, what @Jev is doing is commendable, and is a good record to have for people to look at.
whoville called, they want to know when you're gonna return to Mt. Crumpit?

• Haha
  • Carrot
Reactions: Potnoodle and Jev