I miss those days.

UniTY

O.G.
VIP
Apr 29, 2003
Florida, USA
Do you remember the days of sitting in Bichon Mine picking away at a wall, hoping to
find enough ore to make a few bucks just to buy that special Scimitar? How about hoping to kill zombies just so you could get E-shock?

I do.

I remember the first time I went into Bichon Mines. A friend told me to grab a candle and handed me a pickaxe. I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do, he just said "Don't go too far back, just hit at the walls".. I waited for 20 minutes hitting at the walls and didn't once see any Ore fall off for me to pick up. He ran off in the darkness eariler, I had no clue where he went. He came back and asked if I found any.. I told him I haven't seen any yet.

He told me open my bag.

I miss being a n00b.. back when it was fun. I miss the days where I was experiencing something new, not trying to latest game. I bonded to MIR, and built a relationship with it in my mind.

Do you miss those days as I do?

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Anyone who played Beta missed those days :(

I remember thinking border village was bichon wall for about a week lol and then spending about two hours trying to find the real bichon wall

Mir was so much more fun back then

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
I remember when i made 9 attempts to kill BrownEvilSnake (took me ages to run to it each time) spent around 3 hours in total, then some warrior came and killed it :(.

I also remember when you had to run from BW to MW, took a good 20 minutes!

Now euro is becoming like a private server, teleports to caves, towns, monsters like OKS ruining the economy...

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
yea i loved it ... i made a server which is like what it was in beta, but now :/ i have no host.

Bets part of Beta was looking for EC in mongchon Province lol , at level 10

DeathWish

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Oct 29, 2003
i remember when the guards looked like hens and all the noobs were hitting them and then died from the guards :D

Mar 23, 2003
Cairo Orbital Defence Platform
UniTY said:
Do you remember the days of sitting in Bichon Mine picking away at a wall, hoping to
find enough ore to make a few bucks just to buy that special Scimitar? How about hoping to kill zombies just so you could get E-shock?

I do.

I remember the first time I went into Bichon Mines. A friend told me to grab a candle and handed me a pickaxe. I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do, he just said "Don't go too far back, just hit at the walls".. I waited for 20 minutes hitting at the walls and didn't once see any Ore fall off for me to pick up. He ran off in the darkness eariler, I had no clue where he went. He came back and asked if I found any.. I told him I haven't seen any yet.

He told me open my bag.

I miss being a n00b.. back when it was fun. I miss the days where I was experiencing something new, not trying to latest game. I bonded to MIR, and built a relationship with it in my mind.

Hahah, I remember the mass nooblet hunts into the WT KR. 40-odd noobs charging the WT is my definition of what Mir2 BETA was :P

I remember when joining a guild was considered a privelege, and level 17+ wizards would watch in awe as a level 14 used elecshock.

God, those days were good.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i used to think that eshock was a different spell to taming. so i shouted out in mudwall that id pay 10k if someone found me a taming book.

i then got t-bolted when i told him i didnt realise they were the same spell. and died.

i also remember when i got so lost in sv that i had to follow the wall just to get to mw, and i wld b too scared to go in the dark incase i got too lost.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
UniTY said:

I do.

He told me open my bag.

I remember ****ting m yself everytime i hear OmaWarr.. and as my dad and step mum also used to play id go screaming to them to help me.

Also remember goin mining with a few mates, and like you, was waiting for the ore to fall on floor! untill i had to open bag to pot as i was getting owned by a zombie, i saw it full of ore :D.

Also my first ever HalfMoon book.. i thought woo im rich.. to find they was no longer rare! Earlier that week they was still selling for about 500k!

Also remember me been a noob, sold a luck+2 lantern to shop, as some1 told me is wasnt rare... only for him to go buy it back from shop n sell for loads ¬_¬ was told it was first luck+2 neck!

Also, when i was in BW, and was thinking... Im sure meat man was here... i still thought i was in border!

*sigh* mir is the first and only MMORPG ive played.

UniTY

O.G.
VIP
Apr 29, 2003
Florida, USA
I dropped my sword when I first started playing. I wasn't sure how exactly I was supposed to put it on. They said put it on your character! I was like OK! And tried to drop it on.. I lost my sword :'(

I was brought to BW by some friend and spent weeks trying to figure out where exactly Border Village was, I missed it.. nice and simple place with deer and hens.. I died so many times searching for it. Never dawned on me to make a new char and check the coords.

Border Village was the place to be.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i kno. i grew up in border with the border crew. boxoffrogs guild. dud185 is now the only char name i remember.

Shard

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 12, 2003
I think the whole reason people liked them so much is because everything was new. Near enough every server now is the same. A whole new item, map, temple and monster scheme would make Mir much more addictive. Maybe reworking how the game works, for example how guilds are made and SW for example. Is this something you are doing UniTY?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
its still mir though.

we all know the maps in and out now. and could navigate blind folded.

we all know that a yeti, no matter how scary it looks, isnt hard. and if we change its stats, we still THINK its easy.

IMO. basic mir. from 1.4, then added patches going a different route to official.

instead of prajna, use the zombies for another map area. instead of past bichon, have future bichon.

UniTY

O.G.
VIP
Apr 29, 2003
Florida, USA
I disagree. I would like to play it from the beginning again.

People go through all this work making items all huge with stats and different looks.. I mean.. How often do you see a CopperRing? Well what if that ring has DC0-5 on it? Thats a **** load more rare then that HugeAssPowerRing with DC0-28 on it.

Play from the beginning.

Why have tripple EXP? You level from 1-30, wow, now you're 30..

People have lost the knowledge on how hard those Yeti's WERE at level 10.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I think a new euro server should be released... that would be ace. But i dont enjoy mir as much bcos o the new stuff..

The goold old days.... I went on holiday for 2 weeks to America, and came back and it was P2P (was in AMerica during 9/11 :(), and my mum wouldnt pay for me... But i told my Dad on MSN and he paid for me :D

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
UniTY said:
I disagree. I would like to play it from the beginning again.

People go through all this work making items all huge with stats and different looks.. I mean.. How often do you see a CopperRing? Well what if that ring has DC0-5 on it? Thats a **** load more rare then that HugeAssPowerRing with DC0-28 on it.

Play from the beginning.

Why have tripple EXP? You level from 1-30, wow, now you're 30..

People have lost the knowledge on how hard those Yeti's WERE at level 10.

Yes you can restart it from lv1. normal exp. but you still know the in and outs. its like getting to level 35 on ur warrior, then starting a new char warrior.

the first time you play your warrior, you kill hens, then you realise hens are easy, and you attempt a harder mob. you go up in stages and get further away from border village.

on your second char you realise. why hunt near border? when i could run to mudwall and kill a sheep. which gives me alot more exp.

IMO ^^

Shard

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 12, 2003
There are 2 sides to what I'm about to say. One is that it would be a waste of time and you could code your own game in that time, and the other thinks it would be a good idea. Just needs a dedicated team.

As I said before, I think the fun of Euromir for the first time was that everything was new. All the items, mobs, maps, places you have never been. Just mystery and unknown.

I think all new items and maps and mobs would make Mir more enjoyable again for people. I doubt anybody could bother doing this, it would just be a good idea.

This is why I am moving my attention across to WoooL for the time being and developing the Emulator again with some friends. Has all new items, maps, mobs, graphics, spells, new aside from Mir anyway.

May I ask UniTY what exactly it is you are planning to do?

Stop

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 8, 2005
For some reason (i have no idea why), mir went stale as soon as it went p2p, beta mir was the BEST mmorpg experience ive ever had, ever.

Nothing beats 2 weeks of pure mining to buy a Gaxe.

Or 1 week of grinding hordes of zombies to get from lvl 28-29.

Buying all the items in the shops that cost a bit more money than they should for that dura, because you know it has + stats on it (i did this for ages, not only did i make alot of money from it i got some decent kit aswell).

Seeing the new SpittingSpider skins for the first time after the patch (god damn they scared me).

Downing the first WoomaGuardian on the server (imagine 40+ lvl 10-22's on a rampage through WT), we got pwned by Mr.WT himself tho, had no idea why he teleported at the time ^_^.

First visit to Mudwall.

Having to pay to join a guild (i didn't pay to join but i helped create the 17th guild on Dserver :D, couldn't be bothered with the others. AA ftw.)

UniTY

O.G.
VIP
Apr 29, 2003
Florida, USA
Pebble said:
And the best thing of all... no minimaps (or not knowing how to use them :P).

Indeed. We used to work off of coords alone. When Minimap's came it was like "Sigh, now everyone knows where everything is without even trying!" "You n00b have it lucky, in our day, we had to pick out objects to remember and use the coords!"

UniTY

O.G.
VIP
Apr 29, 2003
Florida, USA
Shard said:
May I ask UniTY what exactly it is you are planning to do?

Nothing much.. yet.

1. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 20 characters.