Ideas for Heros

Join Discord

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
The Shift+Function thing is a good idea but i doubt anyone would use it lol.

I for one can't stretch my fingers across the keyboard like that, i need both my hands and it gets annoying doing that after a while when your trying to level lol. Especially if its Shift+F8 lol

Are you mental? You use cntrl f8 now which is further away, not to mention there are 2 shift buttons, one is very close to f8.

/gw

So, am I understanding this right... I could have a hero..... and have it stand 10 spaces away casting FW ontop of me and bolting a mob, and effectively pong it?

/gw

Last edited by a moderator:

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Are you mental? You use cntrl f8 now which is further away, not to mention there are 2 shift buttons, one is very close to f8.

/gw

So, am I understanding this right... I could have a hero..... and have it stand 10 spaces away casting FW ontop of me and bolting a mob, and effectively pong it?

/gw
Yeah that's the main part I don't like, having a hero makes people do much more things they are unable to do alone - which removes part of the "MMO" aspect of mir, which let's face it, is the best bit!

Also, don't double post!

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Yeah it needs to be thought out tbh, adjust mob AI to ignore Heroes maybe when they are attacking it? Go got the main player? Mir's AI def needs to be changed the mobs are stupid.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
If you to have a hero whats some of the skills you think it should have.

Be it a Wiz,War,Tao or Sin

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
Yeah it needs to be thought out tbh, adjust mob AI to ignore Heroes maybe when they are attacking it? Go got the main player? Mir's AI def needs to be changed the mobs are stupid.

could cause problems though. player could run away and let the hero kill it while it stays undamaged.

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
If you to have a hero whats some of the skills you think it should have.

Be it a Wiz,War,Tao or Sin

warrior- all of em? maybe not shoulderdash.

Tao - Heal, mass heal, SFB, Poison, spiritsword, purification, ac, amc buff. Definately no curse.

Wizz - Shield, fireball, bolt, firewall, firebang, icestorm, FD.

It depends, you could allow all skills, but use my skill points idea to mean you can only have say half the avaialable spells on ure hero.

@jealy, chill out babes xx

/gw

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
eVERYONE WOULD JUST USE A TAO hero?

heals, Poison... curse? As you have to control the heroes spells, a poison and a heal every now n then in a pvp is viable, perm controlling a wizz to FF with you, isnt doable.

For boss hutning, tao heroes would make soloing so much easier.

war with tao hero, or wizz with tao hero.... easy bosses :P

/gw

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
not really... a warrior hero with para would be gr8 for boss's

a wizad hero would be great fo pvp if u were a warrior... wizard would never miss its icestorm etc and the guy would be perm walkin makin it easy for u 2 kill him (just like a tao pet)

taos wouldnt do much dmg... just keep u healed.

but if ur against lets say, a war+wiz.. u could just both team up and kill the tao hero, then the guys left alone 2v1

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
As you have to control the heroes spells

You don't have to control them at all. Once ive added the heroes AIs they will work out for themselves which spells to use in any given situation. The Shift + F-Keys just force the hero to use that spell of your choice.

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
You don't have to control them at all. Once ive added the heroes AIs they will work out for themselves which spells to use in any given situation. The Shift + F-Keys just force the hero to use that spell of your choice.

And we all know that will result in a warrior shoulderdash facepalming a wall....

A tao healing/amc buffing mobs, and a wizz ice storming archer guards.

Considering they can drop kit, they only way heroes will be used in pvp effectively is if people can master shift and normal f keys to make the hero cast what needs to be done.

@benny baby Depending how they are coded i would think red, green psn, heals, buffs AND curse (not alot worse than para) would make a tao pet > double warrior.
(maybe im thinking medium rate, you're thinking super high rate, cus maybe a superhigh a speed and accuracy might mean 2x para is perm para)

/gw

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
i think the way we done it,is that hero cant help you pk.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
So its just gunna be.... pk the hero for kit :P?

/gw

i dont know how its going to end up.

also if u dont want ur hero pked just click the call hero and hes saveed

but on ely only heros can use hero items not the reg player stated items

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
i dont know how its going to end up.

also if u dont want ur hero pked just click the call hero and hes saveed

but on ely only heros can use hero items not the reg player stated items

probably makes sense.

/gw

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
Heroes will only fight players if player attacks hero first. Except for in places like CR.

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
Heroes will only fight players if player attacks hero first. Except for in places like CR.

SO if a wizz ffs an enemy hero accidently it will attack him, whilst the wizards hero will not attack back because it hasn't been attacked.

/gw

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
Looks good, heros has always been my fav addon to mir

lif