Interested ?

Trinity2.3

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 15, 2010
Hey folks, just after an opinion from you guys really.

While im doing my development course, i dont think i will be working on another server, and i was wondering if anyone would like me to release trinitys server files.

Ive noticed that there doesnt seem to be any playable 2.3 server files avalible, and since i dont think i will be using them, id be happy to release them for server runners to use, or for people who want a ready made 2.3 server to play privatly.

Only issue i have, is if people are against the idea of people using the files who have no idea how to run a server, and put it up with no support or updates, and waste players time commiting to a server that may be used simply to generate a profit for the host.

If there is genuine intrest i will delete account details and release, otherwise i wont bother.

Opinions please :001_unsure:

DiabloVodkaShot

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 20, 2009
personally i wouldn't because people just put it up put it down and once it has been released once or twice everyone gets used to it and its pointless but then again every release is welcome :)

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
I remember this being euro clone more or less so dont really see the point.Wasnt really well built imo

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
I remember this being euro clone more or less so dont really see the point.Wasnt really well built imo

Yeh i think it was pretty much, for that reason i don't see the harm in releasing.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Tbh ne files releases are just good.Even if some1 just hosts em unchanged its still an extra server online.

JamieShinra

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 21, 2007
I agree with a release if you wipe accounts and make users actually work to make the server fun, otherwise its going to be like gamepotusa and just make a profit for the hoster without updating it.

kash12

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
Not much point tbh, if someone can't/isn't willing to put work into making their own server, they're not going to be able to make the server good or put up with crys.

/Nymph

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
Not much point tbh, if someone can't/isn't willing to put work into making their own server, they're not going to be able to make the server good or put up with crys.

/Nymph

ditto , night thought mate but people need to do some work.

i really wouldn't bother.

JamieShinra

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 21, 2007

/Nymph

Totally agree with you!

Also slightly off topic but has anyone ever got LoginsrvSQL working? With the old DM2 sourcecode. I have it working correctly db wise, but when my 2.3 client trys to login it just gets stuck at the login screen wont report if a user is valid or not. basically nothing until I time out.

I need a fully working 2.3 sourcecode if anyone has one, to add my own additions and customise my server before opening it. I don't like running off compiles that I cannot fix up.

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Heres an idea, Create a few major expliots in the files wipe the char db and release them, thus stoping people putting it up without working on it.

Trinity2.3

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 15, 2010
Heres an idea, Create a few major expliots in the files wipe the char db and release them, thus stoping people putting it up without working on it.

This is not a bad idea :idea:

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
Totally agree with you!

Also slightly off topic but has anyone ever got LoginsrvSQL working? With the old DM2 sourcecode. I have it working correctly db wise, but when my 2.3 client trys to login it just gets stuck at the login screen wont report if a user is valid or not. basically nothing until I time out.

I need a fully working 2.3 sourcecode if anyone has one, to add my own additions and customise my server before opening it. I don't like running off compiles that I cannot fix up.

If you useing the Td2.3 exe i dont think it has code to pull login info from a sql db.

I dont know if the old dm2 lomcn code is around may damain or some knows.

JamieShinra

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 21, 2007
Originally Posted by Zen2
That idea is great! As I really hate these servers that are coming out from full releases and just making tons of money via donation items etc and never actually improving the server.

If you useing the Td2.3 exe i dont think it has code to pull login info from a sql db.

I dont know if the old dm2 lomcn code is around may damain or some knows.

I heard the lomcn DM2 code is buggy compared to TD's release.

Last edited:

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
only like 3 ppl have td's code dont think you can get ur hands on that.

if u want to code a real 2.3 phili code is good or go to the hacked up lemon code

JamieShinra

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 21, 2007
only like 3 ppl have td's code dont think you can get ur hands on that.

if u want to code a real 2.3 phili code is good or go to the hacked up lemon code

What about a compatable 2.3 client for TD's DM2 so I can enable 1024x768 support as I cannot find a client source that works for it currently

Weikster

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
36th chamber
What about a compatable 2.3 client for TD's DM2 so I can enable 1024x768 support as I cannot find a client source that works for it currently

I remember trying out the 1024x768 setup with DM2 code, wasn't all that great plus it made everything seem really small, just my opinion, other people may have liked it.

hustler

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
I have every 2.3 server fit my 17"3 inch screen but i don't remember how i done it. It's possible though.

h

kash12

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
Because he's asking if people want him to >>> release <<< (key word there) his files.

/Nymph