Is "oldschool" mir dead, replaced by pointless servers?

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
Hey all lomcn users,

Can any1 tell me if there any NORMAL mir 2 servers out there anymore?

all the servers i seem to be finding at the moment contain level capped caves, a brand new kit every 5 levels dropped from mobs (so really no items on those servers r worth anything as any1 can get them), you seem to start at lvl 20 or 40 with a starter kit etc etc..
im sure you all no wat im talkiing out.

i miss the good old days of mir. start from lvl scratch and work your way up, FIND better items from bosses not normal mobs in a cave, if any1 here ever played ragezone highrate thats the sort of mir 2 server im looking for here.

Or is the 'oldskool' mir 2 dead now and has been replaced by meaningless servers that you play until you think why did i even bother? what have i accomplished here? Ive lvled up through the various caves the GM has laid out for specific levels and ive found a new kit every 5 lvls that the GM's laid out.... seriously what is the point in tht?

if not a mir 2 server does any1 have a good mir 3 server that they play atm that isnt ruled by donations?

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
servers which require work from the players generally die pretty fast around here, the new generation of mir players just want everything on a silver plater, sadly this is completely the opposite of what mir is about, but it can also be sympathized with as we are all a busy lot these days.

2fast2furious

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 22, 2004
yeah i wouldnt mind a euro style server aslong as the exp was decent, just leveled from 35-55 in bugcave on hidden mist, really boring lol.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
servers which require work from the players generally die pretty fast around here, the new generation of mir players just want everything on a silver plater, sadly this is completely the opposite of what mir is about, but it can also be sympathized with as we are all a busy lot these days.

This.

Andeh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 21, 2003
the server im working on, is a lot like old school mir2, but with little additions. like the new features (fishing, tigers, heros etc) mine isnt high rate though, as they die out quicker than low rates imo.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Fact of the matter is, when the majority of this forum started Mir we were all young lol, so the user count was high as we'd be on all day every day...obviously growing up has caused us all to have other and more important priorities, which wouldn't be a problem if Mir was attracting new crowds...which it sadly doesn't as it just isn't up to graphic standard of today

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
just got a bit sentimental is all haha
was really weird i got all hyped up about hidden mist as i hadnt read the thread properly wen it finally came up i was like wtf.... this is ****. (again my opinion), so i downloaded darkrealm which again to me was **** =/ i guess the old servers wont be resurfacing again. all i needed to no :( lol

was after a euro style high rate maybe would love to play ragezone hr again my fave mir 2 server tbh.

Trinity2.3

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 15, 2010
I made trinity like that but couldnt afford to run it, i liked mir the way it was in the old days and wanted to keep it like that as much as possible, sadly i couldnt afford to host it or it would still be up :(