Just upgraded my broadband to 100mb...

Join Discord

sumfuka

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 14, 2007
Lame, really can't wait til Virgin come to my area.. Bt infinity it is then!

I have bt infinity cos we cant get virgin. Its ok but they cap all p2p traffic to 100kbs during peak times which sucks.

Tashohnie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 13, 2009
Lol nice whos that with and what area? you must be in london or a big town somewhere. also lmao 9mb upload is not low for hosting a mir server i used to home host a server with 256kb upload with upto 50 users it did then lag slightly though. so scale that on 9mb ur looking at atleast 1800 users without lag. and in this day and age you would be lucky to breach 50 users on a private server. x
Virgin mate, I live on the Surrey/Hampshire border, not really in a big town although I'm near Guildford (ish)

Thanks for the advice :)

I just can't wait until they do 200MB in my area ( currently being piloted in Manchester)

DiabloVodkaShot

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 20, 2009
Ha yearh makes you think that.

Now imagine this that connection with 2 computers on it one barely not being able to move :(

we are on sky unlimited but can only get 500mb

lozmuir

Former Moderator
VIP
Apr 17, 2003
Congleton, Cheshire.
I have bt infinity cos we cant get virgin. Its ok but they cap all p2p traffic to 100kbs during peak times which sucks.

Oh what?! The only things I ever download are p2p.

erm, where the hell do you live? In a mud hut? Or 1998

Chuckles.

Luckily for me I had a separate line for my 56k so the phone didn't bother me, what did bother me however was the damn 2hour (or 4hour?) time-out... Always happened at the worst time's on Mir.

Last edited:

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
It says Virgin on the test, you zidiot.

wtf 175mb download and 1mb upload lmao.

also people always think cause you got 100mb that your gunna download fast as fk all time , it aint like that. Most sites cap you on your download speed , use download managers and get some awsome speed.
ill stick to my sky for 7.50 a month , i dont download.

Rick-e

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 2, 2003
Brighton, UK.
I just checked, Virgin is rolling out 100mb in Brighton in...... "Being planned". Losers.

My 50mb is wicked, my Superhub does love to restart itself and drop connection once or twice a day though.

But anyway, Virgin > All other UK ISP's. Whenever I move house (Which is quite alot) I make sure I can get Virgin in that area.

Customer service is **** though, but there aren't any that don't see you as a number.

Last edited:

Shabalabalong

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 1, 2006
Brighton
o_o

Quite a few fellow Brighton & Hovers! Wha area you in?

Smavid if i remember is quite close with worthing, hes getting the idea

100mb seems a bit OTT imo atm, as you aint gonna be able to put it to full use! Wish I had 100mb tho :(

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I win.

507911817.png