Knock, Knock

smoochy boys on tour

YoYoYo

Milo's Sex Slave
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2003
My house
Grim said:
I'll probably end up getting the PSP eventually but only because I'm a gamer and that's what I do... play games. I don't see the point in getting one so that I can "play games anywhere!". If I'm anywhere but home I'm there because I want to do something else other than play games.

Personally I find handhelds to be rather antisocial.
What about a bus to get to the place?
Public transport on a bus with no radio is rather boring.

Grim

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 24, 2004
Granted, I would probably use one during my 15/20 minute train journey to and from work (unless I had someone else with me) but to be honest, it just proves the point of several people in this thread - that you would only use it when travelling. Personally I'm not willing to pay nearly £200 for something that is only ever going to be used when travelling to and from places.

Opeth

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 15, 2005
UK
Oh wow an mp4 player cos thats totally worth £180

plus the added bonus of utterly **** gams that will sto pbeing produced in a bout a years time!

stivy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 18, 2005
Dorset
Grim said:
Granted, I would probably use one during my 15/20 minute train journey to and from work (unless I had someone else with me) but to be honest, it just proves the point of several people in this thread - that you would only use it when travelling. Personally I'm not willing to pay nearly £200 for something that is only ever going to be used when travelling to and from places.

tbh u can get them from e-bay for like £100 lol so it aint that bad and for the graphics its well worth it :P i know it aint as good as a pc but tbh can u get a pc for £100 with the same graphics? lol i highly doubht it :P

Opeth

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 15, 2005
UK
its the idea of watching a movie on your way to work is just so.. pretentious..

I mean i could imagine it becoming such a logistical operation to have to get out the psp and detangle the earphones and watch 20 mins of your favourite movie before having to reverse the process

i mean music yes, but it becomes a it fanatical when you want to watch movies on your 10 minute train journey

Opeth

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 15, 2005
UK
stivy said:
tbh u can get them from e-bay for like £100 lol so it aint that bad and for the graphics its well worth it :P i know it aint as good as a pc but tbh can u get a pc for £100 with the same graphics? lol i highly doubht it :P

yes but its taken for granted that you already own a PC, so the ownership of a psp becomes pretty futile for gaming.

id ont see why you dont just get a portable media player if youre so obsessed with watching movies on the go

Grim

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 24, 2004
Opeth said:
id ont see why you dont just get a portable media player if youre so obsessed with watching movies on the go
BUT IT WON'T PLAY GAMES FROM 3 YEARS AGO OMFG!!

NiGHTMaRe

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 1, 2003
i only read the first few posts coz im tired butttt
+ All the snes gbc megadrive games I could ever want
that made me laugh, buy a snes gbc and megadrive for about 20£ for allof em and probs all the games u would want, y bother wiv psp? lolz

Biohazard

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Apr 21, 2003
Salem, Oregon
I DON'T GET IT!!!

WHY would you need something that is portable. When you DON'T go outside? I just stay in my room all day, it's not I go out every 2 seconds and even if I did I would't want to lug around a HUGE PSP in my pocket, people might get the wrong impression, :(

Senture

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 8, 2004
its not that big it has a nice playing weight to it. and you can get a full length DVD on a 256 mem stick.

go out for a while...find a place with a wifi net con and kick some 1's ass over the net.

@who ever posted about wipeout pure, if you loved the previous ones this will top your list. if not practice makes perfect, completed it 100% in 13 hours first time i ever played it

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
i could only afford one game for mine, so i got ape academy, WOO THOSE ONKEYS KICK EYE LAL!

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
NiGHTMaRe said:
i only read the first few posts coz im tired butttt
+ All the snes gbc megadrive games I could ever want
that made me laugh, buy a snes gbc and megadrive for about 20£ for allof em and probs all the games u would want, y bother wiv psp? lolz

Can you carry a snes a gbc and a megadrive around with you....

And you'd be hard pressed to buy all 3 of those conosles for £20 with all the games I could want You try find me Chrono trigger for under £20

NiGHTMaRe

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 1, 2003
lol **** neva thought about the movn about bit, which is the whole point of it, im stupid :)
i will try find ur game for under 20£

bobblyben

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 22, 2003
stivy said:

The graphics on PSP are stated as being near PS2 quality. My friend happens to have a jap import and i can confirm they are a way from ps2 but remarkable nonetheless. As for the UK price of £179 that is ridiculous, its the 2nd highest price tag in the world, compared to USAs of £129. Sort it out Labour, stop charging for sweeeeeet imports!!

anto

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Feb 18, 2005
Oh **** i updated to 2.0 is there anyway of erm, going back?