Kony 2012

Join Discord

Shabalabalong

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 1, 2006
Brighton
[video=youtube;Y4MnpzG5Sqc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc[/video]

For those who haven't seen it yet. Something you should just watch.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
[video=youtube;QdkI-PoVo64]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdkI-PoVo64[/video]

That is all.

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
[video=youtube;QdkI-PoVo64]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdkI-PoVo64[/video]

That is all.

+1 to this, fed up of people liking a spamming stuff about it. Half of them prob didn't give a **** about south africa and rebels. however spotlight on the issue is good.

Shabalabalong

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 1, 2006
Brighton
It is quite interesting to watch though! If you go on their website, Koby bracelet = $10, and then you have to pay $20 shipping. Extortionate!

T0MMY

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2007
United Kingdom
Andy, Richard that guy has a tad bit of clue but not much. Eliminating one war criminal will prove that we are ready to eliminate them all. They wont just stop at Kony, they will be moving down the list. Kony being the first one on the list and the most dangerous then he is obviously going to get eliminated the first.

Our generation is lazy ****s and will carry on doing so as our technology grows but it's our humanity what we have to keep. Us as humans should stick together and not just think oh our ethnicity, religion, sexual preference, gender etc.. shouldn't help others. Would you not seek aid if the countries was visa versa, England had war criminals the like of Kony and Africa was a fairly decent safe country?

People need to stop thinking about themselves and put the book down to evaluate thinks.

What did Bob Marley teach us ;)

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
People need to stop thinking about themselves and put the book down to evaluate thinks.

You say this. but what are you actually going to do apart from share a youtube video?

I'm all for taking down rebel groups which kill children, but im not going to claim just because i watch a 30 minute video i know everything about the subject and actually care enough to do something about it.

And i've read a lo of claims that the charity group "invisible children" had £100k's worth of donations, and spent it all on their wages and travel expenses. This is why i've never given a penny to charity.

edit:
Just as a side note, red nose days have raised a minimum of £231,000,000 over a course of 7 years. And still are still asking for clean water.

Last edited:

T0MMY

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2007
United Kingdom
You say this. but what are you actually going to do apart from share a youtube video?

I'm all for taking down rebel groups which kill children, but im not going to claim just because i watch a 30 minute video i know everything about the subject and actually care enough to do something about it.

And i've read a lo of claims that the charity group "invisible children" had £100k's worth of donations, and spent it all on their wages and travel expenses. This is why i've never given a penny to charity.

A thing this big needs expenses which will be worth it in the long run. Sharing the youtube video, tweeting on twitter and facebook likes. They don't say 'DONATE NOW AND HELP US' , they say 'Help us spread the word' then mention the other little bits such as the 'Action Kit'.

Last time I check it was up to 60.000.000 hits on youtube, imagine the money they are getting for that. We both know people earn cash off so many hits, so me sharing the link making him 'Famous' is making him that much more.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
They don't say 'DONATE NOW AND HELP US' , they say 'Help us spread the word' then mention the other little bits such as the 'Action Kit'.

A clever marketing technique, nothing more.

The American government is already fully aware of the situation, and were planning on sending people in to Africa back in November last year to deal with the rebels.

So if the governments are already aware of it, and all the people who need to be made aware of it do (people who can actually contribute) why do we require a video to go viral? what is it actually going to achieve.

So a lot more of the population knows who he is, and thinks they know what he does, how is that going to affect anyone in Africa? What is this charity actually going to do with the donations they're getting?

Like i've seen in a lot of reply videos, in 2 weeks time everyone who claims they care about this will have forgotten its ever going on and move on to the next crisis they can pretend to care about.

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
tbh they making more fuss than they need 2... how much money they spending on posters n stuff? they could have just paid the authorities to go over and do the job for them and tbh i think their stupid idea for April 20th will create more money loss putting the posters up and getting them taken down straight away...

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
Apparently this charity funds the Ugandan army to try and catch Kony, who isn't even in Uganda anymore, yet the Ugandan army has had loads of issues with torture, rape and in-humane actions.

There's even pictures of the founders with the Ugandan army holding AKs and RPGs.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
I like this,

Lets help the poor little kids in another country, whilst children here are living on streets, and people are homeless, not to mention sufferer from things like cancer, and have no hope as there isn't enough money to fund research.

Infact.BIG LIKES!

I hate things helping other country's. There is good will, and then taking the fecking piss. I understand it isn't their fault, but neither is it ours. The governments have it right. If its not our problem, then do nothing. We are in this recession.. we should think about our future before theirs, very harsh but.... would you rather your children had a decent-ish country to grow up in? or their children?

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
I like this,

Lets help the poor little kids in another country, whilst children here are living on streets, and people are homeless, not to mention sufferer from things like cancer, and have no hope as there isn't enough money to fund research.

Infact.BIG LIKES!

I hate things helping other country's. There is good will, and then taking the fecking piss. I understand it isn't their fault, but neither is it ours. The governments have it right. If its not our problem, then do nothing. We are in this recession.. we should think about our future before theirs, very harsh but.... would you rather your children had a decent-ish country to grow up in? or their children?

And most money donated to 3rd world countries never gets to the intended people, just gets filtered off to corrupt officials.