Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 12, 2010
That's nice, I'm currently rebuilding a VFR 400

DevilsKnight

I
VIP
Aug 1, 2004
This was my last purchase, should make working on my projects a bit easier :) sorry about the **** everywhere. Boring compared to yours

ramp.jpg

DevilsKnight

I
VIP
Aug 1, 2004
Ice, I don't think your rear tyres are wide enough :p
What times are you expecting to run?
Did you make the tubular frame yourself?

Dk

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
Ice, I don't think your rear tyres are wide enough :p
What times are you expecting to run?
Did you make the tubular frame yourself?

Dk
No mate I bought most of it done so it would cert to nhra car is set up to run in the 7s about 190mph

knives

100% Hyphonix
Golden Oldie
Aug 3, 2004
Bikes aren't expensive...

buying old bikes isnt expensive, but newer 1's at 5k ish add in the frequent helmet changes, then if you get Fat new leathers, repairs are stupidly expensive if you dont have the skills or are confident enough to repair them your self. this all mounts up and can get very expensive

and ice man nice motor, not keen on straight line racing my self prefer circuit racing. me and my mate are looking into building a spaced framed car in the future and get it on the track, probs going to run the scooby drive-train but on a shorter wheel base and less weight.

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
This was my last purchase, should make working on my projects a bit easier :) sorry about the **** everywhere. Boring compared to yours

attachment.php

Nice, here's my baby, thinking of starting a new project too and agree they do help getting to them hard to reach places.

$(KGrHqJHJEUFHWUbHBRHBR4wK-EDNg~~60_35.JPG

Last edited:

dsmir3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 12, 2010
Bikes are for bikers (queers).

buying old bikes isnt expensive, but newer 1's at 5k ish add in the frequent helmet changes, then if you get Fat new leathers, repairs are stupidly expensive if you dont have the skills or are confident enough to repair them yourself. this all mounts up and can get very expensive
Repairing a bike, isn't actually that expensive at all. Dropping out the engine takes all of about 15 minute to do and you can strip and rebuild a bike engine within a couple of hours. The main cost of any repair to a bike, is replacing the pistons (Though dependent on how you ride). A car is far more expensive to repair and replace parts, as with most cars now they have to go into a certified mechanic. Where as a bike, anyone can repair even without knowledge.