Legend of Mir 3D oO

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
yep i got it working on Windows XP SP2, got bored since i couldn't read quests and didn't know what mob i needed to kill :L

Patan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 31, 2005
got same installerror, i searched folder and found this data i can open it woith winrar but dont unzip it.
error msg is /User/usersname/appdata/romaning/?????/?????/data.cab couldnt be extracted....
means language pack ???? (folder schows normal chinese letters in windows)

EDIT: Got it rdy to install
Start install.exe and wait till error msg comes
go to the folder he says u (user(username/appdata/romaning/chinese/chinese/

and find this data.cab
just copy it to desktop and extract it from desktop to ur wisching folder rdy.

my prob is when i starts launcher he updates and the big button (i bet its the play button) keeps grey :/

Last edited:

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
when you get to the launcher

click the little brown button on left of the update bar
>>>>
Click the button at top of page that opens (next to 356MB) or something
>>>>>
Then click the bottom left button to close that page
>>>>>
then click the big button and it should enter

gl

Patan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 31, 2005
big play button is normal now after all updates, it tryes to open the gameclient.exe but close then fast again
same prob with other comp Win Xp and this WIn7 :/
gameclient dont run and always crashes without error msg :(

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Run time error means you don't have Chinese data and time set.

:Edit yea just tested, i got run time error, had to change data/time to Chinese PRC and it woks.

Patan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 31, 2005
Run time error means you don't have Chinese data and time set.

:Edit yea just tested, i got run time error, had to change data/time to Chinese PRC and it woks.

means language pack + chinese time ?

Edit: got all running now on a xp copmp but get error msg when i am login :/ user id and pw works for forum.
perhaops just server off ^^

Last edited:

afshangrudar1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 26, 2009
That is awesome exactly what I had in mind when I did some tests a couple of years ago. It would be very easy to make the graphical assets for something similar but I am not a programmer so couldnt do the server side and DB work required. Its a hell of a lot easier then using sprites because you can use 3D collision detection for movement, spells and make new items/environments/skills with relative ease. Essentially if the coders here were willing we could make an entirely new "mir inspired" game, with entirely new graphical assets, names, maps etc - free from Wemade's copyrights and legitimately run it as commercial mmo.

Tookseh

LOMCN n00bie
Mar 30, 2012
I registered here just to reply to this thread... I wonder what the chances of someone coming up with an english patch to this game would be? Just a basic one so we know what stats are/monsters names are etc =x

Keeping an eye on this, though, nice find!

Patan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 31, 2005
stats and parts of interface would be able to translate.
but not monsternames becouse they are serverbased like azura said.
i just dunno how ^^ just edit .pak files ??

MrWhippy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 11, 2003
Just thought I would update the Download link: http://download.klsiol.com/CQMZ0.9.9.6830.exe - Working as of 7th Sept 2012

Registering is a bit confusing, just make sure you Google a Chinese Identity Number, and you'll be able to register :)... I haven't given this a go yet I'm downloading it now, will update my post if I have any luck getting it working.

Edit: Also, I'm not sure if these are mandatory to install the game, but there is a couple of updates for DirectX and Visual C+, here are the links: DirectX http://download.klsiol.com/dxwebsetup.exe VC: http://download.klsiol.com/vcredist_x86.exe (I noticed a few people had problems installing the game, I would imagine installing the DX and VC updates might fix these problems)

Last edited:

Madrinha

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 16, 2011
Amstadam
Look's **** lol, personally I think it ruins the whole image of Mir has we call it today... looks to much like Battle of the Immortals or silk-road :zz

MrWhippy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 11, 2003
Oh aye don't get me wrong 2D Mir would surpass this any day and to me I would class this as a completely different game really, but it would be nice to have the familiarity of Mir in a 3D environment.

sebastian1983

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2008
any solution how make account ? ... what need write in "contact" and "ID number" ..... any help ?
-------------edit
ok i install... but my launcher still grey, cant play, and i think is problem with patch... coz he not want install i think, i make link to my folder with game, but when i click second button, nothing ....

Last edited:

TheRealCaNiBuS

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 26, 2014
what happened with this...i just found out..judging by the date the posts stopped...im guessing it didnt work out?