Legend Of Mir 4 (Basic Starters Guide)

smoochy boys on tour
So with the game Launching on Steam, Android, & ISO on the 26/08/2021 at 4AM GMT I decided to try create a beginners guide for those who didn't try the Closed Beta but intend to play at launch. (By no means do I know everything and some of the information may be translated incorrectly or be different from the Korean version of the game If that is the case please post the correct information and I will edit this main Post).

Important Information: Only Valid until the 25/08/2021
If you have a Phone or Tablet compatible with Mir4 I suggest Pre-registering on that then linking it up to your steam account after you have installed it on an Android or ISO Device and gotten the free Pre-registering gifts when it launches.

These are the Rewards.
1. [Rare] Mystic MIR Ring, 2. Advance Tonic x 10, 3. Prosperity Tonic x 10, 4. Greed Tonic x 10, 5. Vigor Pills (30 minutes) x 10.

However if you don't have a Phone or tablet don't worry about it there is a workaround. First you will need to go and Download and install
Bluestacks As default it will create a 32 bit Nougat version but if you follow This Guide it will show you how to create a 64 bit Nougat instance which is capable of Preregistering and downloading the game before Launch.

The Classes

Warrior Tank & Melee Physical DPS

The Warrior class is a close ranged melee combatant that has the best defense in the game it excels in both Solo & Group PVE however its damage is slightly lower than the other classes in the game. On the Korean Mir4 this class is recomended over the Lancer as it is more versatile and is free to progress friendly.

Lancer Melee Physical DPS & Off-Tank
The Lancer class is a close-mid ranged melee combatant with a wide selction of AOE attacks its damage is higher than that of the Warrior however its defence is not as high. On the Korean Mir4 this class is Tier 1 in 1V1 PVP/PK however it requires stuff from the Cash shop to reach its maximum strength.

Taoist Healing & Ranged Magic DPS
The Taoist is a ranged magic user with single target and medium sized AOE it also has healing and shielding spells and is valued as the most important class in the game. On the Korean Mir4 they say this class is the most free to progress class however it struggles with auto fight in the earlier levels but becomes very powerful later on.

Wizard Ranged Magic DPS
The Wizard is a ranged magic user with significantly higher DPS than the taoist and the largest AOE's it has a few defensive spells to help with its survivability as it has the weakest defense in the game. On the Korean Mir4 they say this class is also very free to progress friendly however it does use a lot of potions early on.

Archer Ranged Physical DPS (Not ingame at launch Speculation from Gameplay videos. Link 14 person group 9 of which are archers.
The Archer is a ranged physical damage dealer it has a lot of powerful attacks both AOE and single target. On the Korean Mir 4 their are a lot of people playing this class for raids, wars ect and the videos I've seen of the class make them look extremely powerful in both Solo & Group PVE/PVP.

Tip On Korean the Tier list for F2P is Tier 1 Taoist, Tier 2 Wizard, Tier 3 Warrior, Tier 4 Lancer the Archer wasn't on any of the lists I could find but I'd guess it falls into Tier 2 pushing the Wizard and Warrior back a Tier and there is no garentee that it is as free to progress friendly as the Tier 1-3 classes are.

Mir 4 Global Offical Website Has some basic information.

Here is a Link to a basic guide on the korean Mir 4 Website.

Here is a Link to the game encyclopedia on the korean Mir 4 Website.

Here is a few Basic begginers guides with useful tips Link 1 Purchasing Guide, Link 2 How to get Rare equipment, Link 3 General information, Link 4 Useful Tips.

Things that might not translate correctly: Wizard > Predicative or magician, Lancer > Samurai, Taoist > Swordman or Tsu. Materials on English server may be named differently to Korean

Large scale PVP fight at High level Link
Lower level PK vs lower level players Link

The Plan is to all Join EU 11 at launch and make a guild Currently Hurcules is providing a community discord for us all. Link to Discord

Updated 25/08/2021

Last edited:

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
This YouTube vid isn’t in English but it gives you an idea what to expect lvl25+ you certainly would come unstuck against a boss or taking on too many mobs if you tried to solo/auto judging by this. Maybe there not geared up though so I guess we’re have to wait n see…

Post automatically merged:

Here’s another video showing a heavily out numbered lvl30 boss…the player is lvl 36. It’s barely a fair fight and I would say a challenge if there wasn’t a horde of players auto locked on him. (It would be the same in a Mir2 game with a big guild the fight would be easy) if you manage to watch it all you can see there’s a potential for the boss to 2-3 hit your entire health pool….so the question is, how many ppl will be at the boss fights and how easy will it be to just be a number, will there be opportunities to PK PPL for the boss.

Last edited:

Pzia

LOMCN Member
May 17, 2021
@Onceiliv The game has Auto Potion, Auto quest tracker, and Auto fight however once you get out of Ginko at level25 ish PVP/PK is open world, monsters are stronger with better AI making it less effective to use Auto fight as it wastes resources and can get you killed and death comes with penalties.

All the videos I've seen 35+ for the game seem to be of players playing the game manually so as off putting as it may be to some having the feature exist other than farming much lower level zones for materials I don't see the issue most of the XP comes from completing quests. dailys ect.
well that right there changes things for me, i absolutely hate auto/afk levellers but if what you say is true i would be willing to see what 25+ is actually like especially with no decvent mir 3 servers about right now.

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
I was watching KoreaNo1's livestream the other day on his level 68 Archer obviously its a live stream so he is going to be playing but he got attacked and attacked other players quite a lot in the 2 hours or so I was watching it. There was a few times he was close to death too trying to solo some sort of boss but he managed but I dare say his Archer is fully geared and upgraded because he has a level 120 Warrior.

As for other comments:

I am not 100% sure that taoist/wizards don't have unique pets but I've not seen them but I've also not logged into the english closed beta to look at spell lists so cannot say for sure they don't. Eitherway they don't need them from what I've seen.

Everyone has access to the double jump and glide as its used to climb and avoid traps adds a little more depth to the game.

Decided to make a Warrior my mate who is normally on when I am said he was going to play a Taoist so figured Ranged Healer/dps and Melee tank would make for an easy life finding groups. Theres a few others I know playing around 6-8

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England
This YouTube vid isn’t in English but it gives you an idea what to expect lvl25+ you certainly would come unstuck against a boss or taking on too many mobs if you tried to solo/auto judging by this. Maybe there not geared up though so I guess we’re have to wait n see…

Post automatically merged:

Here’s another video showing a heavily out numbered lvl30 boss…the player is lvl 36. It’s barely a fair fight and I would say a challenge if there wasn’t a horde of players auto locked on him. (It would be the same in a Mir2 game with a big guild the fight would be easy) if you manage to watch it all you can see there’s a potential for the boss to 2-3 hit your entire health pool….so the question is, how many ppl will be at the boss fights and how easy will it be to just be a number, will there be opportunities to PK PPL for the boss.

Looks alright tbh, bit pissed with the raid boss drop though, wasn’t hardly anything was there? Just loads of shite things lol?

Lionsm!ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2015
well that right there changes things for me, i absolutely hate auto/afk levellers but if what you say is true i would be willing to see what 25+ is actually like especially with no decvent mir 3 servers about right now.
I got to around level 36 in beta.

Once you move out of the noobie areas it really is not great. Most times i left it auto playing longer than 2 hours i would find myself back in town dead from either pk or mob death. Most of the hunting zones have set spots for subs to respawn and if you are afk there can quite easily die.

The auto play side is great while you questing etc or just need to put it down for 10-15mins to do something. Ita fine to boost you up early doors or do some afk mining/gathering which tbf happens on mir2/3 anyway

Reactions: Pzia and Vyse

Onceiliv

LOMCN Member
Oct 9, 2020
I'd be telling you the fact of mir 2 vs mir3 and I like mir2 just little more tho I liked j.o.b serverz

Pzia

LOMCN Member
May 17, 2021
im sorry but no game is 10/10 period, that is a biased oponion from a mir player, being one myself i understand its quality but its by far not 10/10 and neither is mir 3.

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
Honestly i agree out of all the MMORPG's I've played very few would be 9/10 no game would be 10/10 because to rate a game with a full score means the game is perfect with no room for improvement. But I'd say my top 2 would be.

FFXIV - Very smooth combat, visually pleasing, decent soundtracks, amazing story. But the PVP on the game isn't great.
SWTOR - Decent combat, visually pleasing, decent sountracks, amazing story with the best quest system I've ever seen multiple choice with different outcomes is the way of the future but its too expensive to produce at the moment, PVP Very fun and interactive PVP Loved Hutball, and defend the flag pvp, but the games Raid system was an utter trashfire.

Onceiliv

LOMCN Member
Oct 9, 2020
Well corse the final fantasy series are the god father then mir I would say I been on many games I would say jericho ps3 was next

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Running off topic here… next we’re be talking about streets of rage, ssx tricky and parasite Eve 2 🙄

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England
Running off topic here… next we’re be talking about streets of rage, ssx tricky and parasite Eve 2 🙄
Oh sh1t what a game that was! Fill the bar and bam!!!!!

It's Tricky to rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that's right on time It's Tricky... it's Tricky Tricky Tricky Tricky!!!

It's Tricky to rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that's right on time It's Tricky... Tr-tr-tr-tricky Tricky Trrrrrrrrrrricky!!!

*Digs out ps2 now*

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Hercules

Pzia

LOMCN Member
May 17, 2021
I feel like i started this haha, I could never get into ffiv or v for that matter, ever since x and xiii i havent found one that comes close not even going to mention the -2's because they were crap but the base was mint. Even though they "fixed" xiv the damage had already been done for me, its like the olymp gms finally listening and fixing the issue but lost all the uc and it isnt coming back....again going off topic but i digress...so mir 4?